Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jul 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2253333)   #1
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dijon 9-12 October 2008

Looks like my new engine will be ready for early October - woo-hoo! So choice is between Dijon Trophees de Bourgogne and MGCC Snetterton - hmmm, is East Anglian wine as good as Burgundy? FISC at Dijon it is then: http://www.fisc-eurotour.org/Dijon-GP-Circuit.html

I love the T de B, much better event than GP de l'Age d'Or IMO. The last time there I stayed in a gite but I can't do that this year, anyone recommend any decent hotels clos by? Must be close enough for Sarah to drive me to if I've over-done the hopsitality.

I'm sure someone mentioned a hotel once before, but I'm beggared if I can find how to search old threads. Anyone else going?
Old 18 Jul 2008, 13:40 (Ref:2253347)   #2
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can recommend this,

Hôtel de la Poste

A 15 minutes du Circuit Dijon-Prenois, venez vous détendre dans cet ancien relais de poste apprécié pour le calme de son jardin ombragé. 15 chambres confortables et une restauration de qualité.

Le restaurant doté d'une belle cheminée a conservé toute sa rusticité et vous attend pour y déguster une cuisine traditionnelle et régionale.

Salle de receptions, séminaires, coktails de 30 Ã* 150 personnes.Restaurant et chambre adaptés aux personnes handicapées.

Piscine, Gîte pour 6 personnes.

contact@postesoleildor.fr

www.postesoleildor.fr
Old 18 Jul 2008, 13:42 (Ref:2253350)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
Looks like my new engine will be ready for early October - woo-hoo! So choice is between Dijon Trophees de Bourgogne and MGCC Snetterton - hmmm, is East Anglian wine as good as Burgundy? FISC at Dijon it is then: http://www.fisc-eurotour.org/Dijon-GP-Circuit.html

I love the T de B, much better event than GP de l'Age d'Or IMO. The last time there I stayed in a gite but I can't do that this year, anyone recommend any decent hotels clos by? Must be close enough for Sarah to drive me to if I've over-done the hopsitality.

I'm sure someone mentioned a hotel once before, but I'm beggared if I can find how to search old threads. Anyone else going?
I might have mentioned a really nice Hotel in that region
Old 18 Jul 2008, 15:47 (Ref:2253411)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But I can't remember it Terence! Coming to join us? I like watching Bs being blown off by Midgets!

Last time we were there the whole grid was invited to Parc Ferme in a hospitality suite overlooking the start line after our 3rd race....somewhat piddled by the time we got back to the support crews and SWMBO not that impressed!!!!
Old 18 Jul 2008, 16:16 (Ref:2253431)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I like watching Midgets trying.
It is one of my favorites,I'll have to check the Hotel situation first though
You could very well be see-ing me there.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2253609)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I dont know all this namby pamby hotel stuff, i am as snug as a bug in the Delta truck .Think we are at Nurburgring that weekend so maybe a hotel might be a good idea as its going to be winter.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2255104)   #7
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there with Trophee Lotus and/or FISC
Old 21 Jul 2008, 14:25 (Ref:2255321)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Delta,it might be winter in the Mountains,but down in Dijon?
As for sleeping in the back of a truck in October at Nurburgring,Tail lift down,back door open -2 degrees,belive me,a hotel is better.