Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jul 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2259456)   #51
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
JR could this be your retirement job - you could be the James Hunt of the historic world.....
....or Jean Charles Laurant.....for those who don't know, he was the guy who used to do Le Mans for the WHOLE 24 hours!
Old 29 Jul 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2259539)   #52
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't get there this year so highly delighted when surfing the Sky sports channels on Saturday to see live coverage almost all day on both days. Undoubtedly the commentaries could have been better but it was far better than no coverage at all. Motors TV are to be congratulated on this coverage and I hope they do it again next year.

The saloons were entertaining but sooooooooooooo many V8s now. I see even Roger has abandoned the Lotus Cortina for a yank tank. Also noted a couple of Shelby GT350s on the entry list - FIA pre-66 saloons???????? Surely a couple more Alfas or Minis would have been more appropriate.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2259549)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Havent had the chance to watch any TV. "some of us work 24/7" but a lot of people have come by the workshop and told me how good it all looked on telly.I think with the coverage even more people will go to the meeting next year.Roll on 2009. Better get 3 scooters . Ha Ha.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2259569)   #54
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, apart from my mis-givings about the commentaries, they should also have used more on-boards, it's a definte 'thumbs-up' to Motors TV for even televising the meeting. Search out their forum on their own website for a thread on the coverage, and make a few constructive comments. Apparently, it DOES get read by the guy who runs the company. Overall, to Motors TV, 5/10, must try harder.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2259601)   #55
DanWray
Rookie

England
DanWray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually thought the commentary from what i watched was pretty good - especially compared to most of Motors TV's commentary, which can in my opinion make some of their other broadcasts unwatchable.

I think a lot of the problems stemmed from the poor on-screen captioning. If the commentators were watching the same feed as the viewers it's hardly surprising they didn't seem to know what was going on.

From reading the thread on Motors TV's forum it also sounds like their 'talent' was spread pretty thinly last weekend.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2259627)   #56
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hay Fisher were the production company for the coverage, and I am sure that they would tell you that adding a quantity of on boards (in particular for live coverage) would add significantly to the cost of production. I can't imagine that the budget allowed was that generous.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2259770)   #57
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I understand it, Motors TV will be back next year. Let's hope that the organisational niggles of the meeting itself, and the Motors TV coverage get a bit of subtle fine-tuning - from what I've read (I was there, so didn't see the coverage) there are more positives than negatives. The coverage of the Saturday evening sportscar event looked great on the big screen at the Scarf and Goggles.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2259771)   #58
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Alan, the coverage was excellent with re-runs every aftrenoon this week so far. Apart from the poor mis-informed commentary and wrong titles on a couple of occasions (still nowhere near as bad as Murray's past cockups) how can anyone fault 2 whole days of live coverage of historic motor sports?
Old 29 Jul 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2259806)   #59
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents
The saloons were entertaining but sooooooooooooo many V8s now. I see even Roger has abandoned the Lotus Cortina for a yank tank.

Not by choice Peter.

The crashed Cortina from Goodwood was to be ready for the Classic so I entered 2 cars and sold a drive in the second car. Of course things conspired against us and the car didn't get finished. I was about to pull my entry when a friend offered his Mustang along with instructions "drive it like you stole it!!!"

What is a man to do?

I considered my moral position of being anti-V8 for about 1/100th of a second and said, "YES PLEASE!!!"

Normal service has now been resumed.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2259861)   #60
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
Not by choice Peter.

The crashed Cortina from Goodwood was to be ready for the Classic so I entered 2 cars and sold a drive in the second car. Of course things conspired against us and the car didn't get finished. I was about to pull my entry when a friend offered his Mustang along with instructions "drive it like you stole it!!!"

What is a man to do?

I considered my moral position of being anti-V8 for about 1/100th of a second and said, "YES PLEASE!!!"

Normal service has now been resumed.

Quite right - I would have done exactly the same.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2259902)   #61
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aaarrrggghhh! The price of fame!??

Unfortunately, have just been watching the coverage of the Roadsports race, which I recorded.

The other day I'd watched the coverage of the Gentleman Drivers race, which I also took part in, was pretty uneventful for me, and only caught a tiny glimpse of my car on-screen, usually while being lapped....

Unfortunately, in the Roadsports coverage, not only do they show (both of !) my spins, but the camera lingers on them, they mention my name twice, with a caption on the screen, and even make a joke about me 'not having to walk far home to Chipping Campden'. Embarrassing or what?

Also, the fact that they say that the other cars missed me by millimetres did not endear me to the wife, who has developed a maudlin streak of late.....

James
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:57 (Ref:2259984)   #62
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed the coverage overall (sky plus is wonderful) yes the commentary was sometimes "iffy" but Motors TV should be applauded for bringing Historic racing to the masses.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 23:25 (Ref:2259994)   #63
warweezil
Racer

England
Half way up on the left - far from Home
warweezil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Wasnt taking much notice of the commentary.... was too busy watching cars from the days when I used to enjoy F1. Hope none of the collisions caused serious damage to those wonderful machines, although with cars like that any damage is likely to serious to some degree. Managed to miss a couple of events (damn sky +) but the classics website has the Motors TV re-run schedule... so I will be catching those too

Next year.... I know where I wanna be!
Old 30 Jul 2008, 05:51 (Ref:2260072)   #64
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan
As I understand it, Motors TV will be back next year. Let's hope that the organisational niggles of the meeting itself, and the Motors TV coverage get a bit of subtle fine-tuning - from what I've read (I was there, so didn't see the coverage) there are more positives than negatives. The coverage of the Saturday evening sportscar event looked great on the big screen at the Scarf and Goggles.
i spent the evening with Alan watching the race Alan omited to tell you he was on his 5th pint and i was at the front of the stage gloating at the girls playing the violins.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 07:46 (Ref:2260113)   #65
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A p**shead and a dirty old man spending time together - the very essence of historic motorsoprt!
Old 30 Jul 2008, 10:12 (Ref:2260181)   #66
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Nothing dirty about looking at those Blondes,Assume he is following the dictates of Lord Charlie March and getting ready for the curves of Woodgood.
Thats what he asked in the Woodgood publicity.

For the viewers-The 8C Alfa has always been that colour Blue as it was driven by a Frenchman and is on of the most famous of that type.Why do the commentators go on about values or were they on for a few quid from Stanley for knocking out a few more Bentley's
Old 30 Jul 2008, 10:22 (Ref:2260188)   #67
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
easy old Mann
Old 1 Aug 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2261762)   #68
Enrico Spaggiari
Rookie

Italy
Verona , Italy
Enrico Spaggiari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HGPCA race Silverstone classic on MOTORS TV

Hello everyone.
I am new to this forum (and to all forums in general), so I apologize in advance if I did any mistake in posting this message.
I would need some help to get a copy of the HGPCA pre-66 Gp cars race of Silverstone Classic which has been broadcasted by Motors Tv . Unfortunately for me, Motors Tv can be viewed in any European country except for Italy, where I live !!! So I would be very pleased if anyone could be so kind to make a copy of the Tv footage of that race as I was driving a Cooper T53 (1st in race 1 and 6th in race2 , after a first lap spin ).
I will be racing at Nurburgring Oldtimer GP on the 8th-10th Aug weekend, so maybe we can arrange to meet there.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kind regards.
Enrico Spaggiari
Old 1 Aug 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2261778)   #69
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Welcome to 10 Tenths, Enrico. I had both your races on Sky plus but i have since deleted them. Hopefully somebody else can copy for you.

Well done on two good races.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2261788)   #70
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly not! Just add a your comments, it may help to make the coverage a little better for next year.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2261816)   #71
Enrico Spaggiari
Rookie

Italy
Verona , Italy
Thank you for your replies.
I have attached the .pdf file of Motors TV schedule of the Silverstone Classic races.
The Pre-66 Gp cars race was today at 14.40, otherwise it will be on the 8th of August at 11.00 .
Thanks again.
All the best.
Enrico
Attached Files
File Type: pdf motors_tv_schedule.pdf (40.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 1 Aug 2008, 23:16 (Ref:2261896)   #72
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I think I have it on DVD. Assuming the DVD recorder didn't go weird, as it did this afternoon! Oh. It WAS this afternoon...

Sorry.

I'll record it anyway. If you're still stuck, I'll post it.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2263347)   #73
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enrico, if there's a problem, PM me and I'll get a copy out to you. I may focus on lap 1 of race 2, rather than the final lap of race 1........

I won't be at Nurburgring.

Best regards
Old 6 Aug 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2264493)   #74
Enrico Spaggiari
Rookie

Italy
Verona , Italy
Hello Peter .

Glad to hear from you.
It was a great fun to race against you at Silverstone.
Yes, I know, I'm so curious to see my spin in race 2 ....
I asked to Stella if she was able to make a copy of the race but I didn't hear anything from her. Tomorrow I will leave for Nurburg and I will see if she has made the copy or not.
If not, once back, I will contact you and we will arrange for delivery (obviusly shipping will be on my charge).
Thanks a lot and hope to see you and your Lotus very soon.
Regards.
Enrico