Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Nov 2007, 17:58 (Ref:2065807)   #1
David J Howard
Rookie

England
Newbury Berkshire
David J Howard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pre 93 Touring Car Series given Championship Status for 2008

Hi Boys and Girls .

.. As Comp Sec of the CTCRC ... I am really pleased to announce to Ten Tenths that our Pre 93 Touring Car Series will be running with full MSA Championship Status next season .

This is great news ..Our Pre 93 Drivers deserve the opportunity race for a National Championship Title...

Pre 93 Touring Cars will also continue to provide that reduced cost second race entry available to our Post Historic and Group One drivers ..courtesy of BARC.

More good news is that BARC have just agreed a Second race entry fee of £100 for CTCRC Members at BARC meetings for 2008 ( a reduction from £120) ...Thanks to Dennis,Ian and Dale ..Your Support of Club Motorsport is appreciated...

Nigel Garrett and Dennis Bassom are working on the 2008 Regulations as I write.... The CTCRC Club website is still updating ..please visit in a few hours if you require more information.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2065819)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
good news, now whats the chances of picking up a Sierra Cosworth cheap
Old 13 Nov 2007, 11:54 (Ref:2066447)   #3
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
good news, now whats the chances of picking up a Sierra Cosworth cheap
The three doors are being listed at stupid money at the moment, but the four doors are better value.

Last year the class of the series was a VW Corrado VR6, available for £1100ono.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 12:12 (Ref:2066473)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
unfortunately most modern cars drive the wrong wheels and I have an allergy against BMW's so it kind of narrows it down
Old 13 Nov 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2066492)   #5
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Starion?
Merc 190 Cosworth?
Corolla GT Coupe?
Old 13 Nov 2007, 13:26 (Ref:2066547)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Come and join me in my Chevrolet 3rd Gen IROC Camaro or maybe enter a late model Mustang, oh sorry Zef you don't like yank tanks .

Well done David and co, nice to see it bought up to championship status and good news for a change about reduced 2nd entries that should help nicely.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 13:29 (Ref:2066549)   #7
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've seen a Golf GTi for sale on your homepage. Maybe next year.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 14:19 (Ref:2066586)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
a starion, it'd dissolve before it got on the grid ! I have driven one once, head through the sunroof

so whats the start date for pre93 ? surely ALs fleet are late 60's and 70's ?
Old 13 Nov 2007, 14:34 (Ref:2066604)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
No start date which incidently is something that prehaps should be addressed but thats my opinion only. My later model IROC is in fact an 87 and was made till 92.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 14:39 (Ref:2066609)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
that seems a bit daft, surely pre66, 66-74, 75-?? ( 85?) then 86-93 ?

whereever you put the cut off will cause debate, I'd like to see 1960-May 1963 then my car would be far more competitive !!!
Old 13 Nov 2007, 14:50 (Ref:2066613)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Where are the regs and what sort of registration and entry fees do you have?
Old 13 Nov 2007, 14:54 (Ref:2066614)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
if you want the reply 'loose and low' you've got the wrong chat forum
Old 13 Nov 2007, 14:57 (Ref:2066617)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
OK for a sensible answer I'll settle for a pointer to the regs, I'm sure a PM to Al will tell me the rest
Thanks for the PM John
Old 13 Nov 2007, 17:02 (Ref:2066677)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
The regs are here http://www.classictouringcars.com/pa...7RegsVer01.pdf but expect some changes for 2008 which should be annouced soon but would not have thought anything too radical. Membership to CTRCC is £85 or they will do a deal at £25 if you just want to feel the water, that entitles you for registration to all the club championships.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2066685)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done CTCRC. (Can I suggest that if you have a press release you send it to press@parcferme.com

For clarity, pre 83, refers to the end of Group 1 and the commencement of Group A in touring Car racing. I think pre 93 likewise goes to the end of Group A and the adoption of Group N for saloons and Super Touring for BTCC.

The good points raised by David and Al are twofold.

Two races for the price of 1.5 and the chance to race the older vehicles in the newer category. Its an ethos that has always been the cornerstone of the CTCRC.

Fair play to them.

Al,

Don't forget you also need to be a member of the BARC which is (I think) around £100.00.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 13 Nov 2007 at 17:26.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 22:20 (Ref:2067627)   #16
David J Howard
Rookie

England
Newbury Berkshire
Hello Pete ...Didn't see how your Spa ended ?? ...Mine was a muppet.. Thanks for the tip

Regards David Howard.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 06:26 (Ref:2067771)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it a Manta 400 would be eligiblefor this serie's??
Old 15 Nov 2007, 08:36 (Ref:2067815)   #18
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Yes it would. However because only a limited number were produced it would have to run in the more modified category.

Please feel free to contact me if you require more details.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 08:51 (Ref:2067819)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
You had better tell better tell Dave Hicton that ASAP then Dennis as his mate Ray wanted to run his beautiful specimen last year.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 09:06 (Ref:2067830)   #20
David J Howard
Rookie

England
Newbury Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I take it a Manta 400 would be eligiblefor this serie's??

Good Morning Terence ....Looks like young Denis beat me to the post on this one ....

Very pretty car the Manta.... I assume this is the style that Russell Brookes Rallied ?

Do you know if they were homologated for Group N ?

If you would like to keep up with the CTCRC generally and our plans for next year..please visit our website at www.classictouringcars.com ..

Regards David Howard ...Competition Secretary CTCRC.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 09:12 (Ref:2067836)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Funny thing is we let Ray run his Manta 400 in ModProds and a great car and driver addition to the championship it was as well) especially when the flywheel exploded and the car nearly went up in a ball of flames but thats another story!). My point then and is the same now, why not let it in the factory made over 1000. In its day it may have been cutting edge but name me a car these days or in fact even back in 93 that does not have a 16 valve head and a 5 speed box and you would be hard pushed and it does not have nearly as much going for it as an M3.

It would not have been homologated for Group N David, I think the total made was around 1100, I actually attended an auction at Alley Pally years ago when the factory sold them off, wish I had bought a few. Dont see why it should go into a special catagoury either really when the M3 can run.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 15 Nov 2007 at 09:16.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 09:17 (Ref:2067838)   #22
David J Howard
Rookie

England
Newbury Berkshire
Morning Al ...Another Day another Dollar !!!

Cheers.... David.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 09:18 (Ref:2067840)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David J Howard
Good Morning Terence ....Looks like young Denis beat me to the post on this one ....

Very pretty car the Manta.... I assume this is the style that Russell Brookes Rallied ?

Do you know if they were homologated for Group N ?

If you would like to keep up with the CTCRC generally and our plans for next year..please visit our website at www.classictouringcars.com ..

Regards David Howard ...Competition Secretary CTCRC.

Morning David,I have already Mailed "Young Dennis".RussellBrookes?Who's He

As for Group N,I'm pretty sure they were. Many Thank's and I'll keep you posted.Cheer's .Terry
Old 15 Nov 2007, 09:47 (Ref:2067859)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I thought they had to make a minimum number for Group N Terry? (Morning David)
Old 15 Nov 2007, 11:32 (Ref:2067928)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Not totally sure Al,I do know there were quite a few in mainland Europe but I will check[obviously,not going to buy something I can't race!]