Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Nov 2007, 16:47 (Ref:2068186)   #1
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
International events and licenses

Has anybody read the paper FIA issued May 30.2007 regarding internationale events and licensensholder ?
As I understand it, it blocks any events that are not FIA approved, if it in any way has some form of interntional series, championsship set-up.
It states that if more that 2 countries are involved it is regarded as a international event.
This means that we, for examble, no longer can have a U2TC, Masters or a Sports 2000 series, if its not FIA approved, and we have a FIA international licenses.

If this is correct, what do you think of that?

Last edited by Henrik Pedersen; 15 Nov 2007 at 16:49.
Old 17 Nov 2007, 13:49 (Ref:2069560)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Not sure but I thought this had been coming for a few years anyway. I have an International licence so I don't see it as a problem. However I can sympathise with people and likewise the Masters series etc, may be impacted but I suspect not badly.

Is there an electronic version of the article?
Old 17 Nov 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2069596)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
most international clubbies have run under the NEAFP exemption scheme, I think this scheme has been under FIA threat for some time but continues on a year-to-year basis.
Old 17 Nov 2007, 18:50 (Ref:2069692)   #4
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
The paper is issued May 30.2007, and the titel is:
2008 International Sporting Calendar and International Series Calendar.

I have tried to search it on FIA website, but that´s not showing anything.
It should be there, because they have an obligation to inform all drivers and organizers, from my point of view.
Ask your ASN, they should know, and I hope some organizers do.

I don´t have a problem with the International Licens, but if there cannot be some form of series or championsship across borders, without FIA approval, they are putting some very strict limitation on the sport.

Last edited by Henrik Pedersen; 17 Nov 2007 at 18:57.
Old 17 Nov 2007, 23:06 (Ref:2069849)   #5
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that this raised its head some years ago and us clubbie racers thought that our annual trip across the channel was going to end. However, nothing seems to have changed over the years other than the regs have become more common across the European countries. Whilst UK club racers still have some leeway with regard to FiA regs, it is becoming increasingly standardised. I believe that my car and kit are now 100% FiA compliant and I do race on the "mainland" and it's easier to over spec than worry about scrutineering. I don't really see this as an issue - an international licence costs more but is easy to obtain. To be honest it would make the whole business easier if we all ran to the same regs - PROVIDED - that the FiA don't see it as an easy revenue eraner - see the posts re. rain lights as an example.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 08:40 (Ref:2069981)   #6
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Dave: I totaly agree, FIA regulation is a benifit concerning cars and equipment, no question about that.
But with this paper they will enforce limitation that will effect the activitylevel a lot of places, especialy where there are strong regional bond over borders of 2 countries, and maybe those event has been around for years. Like Benelux and Scandinavia. They will be cut by this.
I hope you´re right,that there wont be any problems.
I do think, like you, that this is just another easy revenue, for FIA to take advantage of.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 11:13 (Ref:2070076)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This raises its ugly head on a regular basis, but then disappears for a while until (it seems) a new person at the FIA tries it on. When it first came about, I heard that EU rules on the free movement of people and goods or such like prevented a self-appointed FIA from stopping us racing in other countries.

I think the crucial point is "championship". If the races are part of a "series" with no overall champion, the regs don't cover it. But please don't quote me...

BTW if you think the FIA is bad meddling in your private enjoyment, you want to try living in England at the moment...
Old 18 Nov 2007, 15:25 (Ref:2070221)   #8
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Belgium.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 16:47 (Ref:2070255)   #9
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Or Denmark ( I can´t find the funny man laughing he head out)

Yes, the thing is NOT to have an overall winner, and that really is a joke, if FIA is going to haggle over that.

Where are their overall policy to have a lot of activity? This is going the opposite way.
FIA is doing a lot for the sport, but their overall policy is very hard to see, or even glimse somewhere.

Just like the HTP and Heritage-papers.
I heard this funny little story about Porsche 906.
It appears to be several of these with the same chassisno., and one of the fakes got a Heritagecertificate.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 11:54 (Ref:2088680)   #10
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you go to the FIA website-www.fia.com -follow the links through Sport to regulations to top item International Sporting code you can read the regulations relating to this. They are signed up to and ageed to by all ASN affilliated to the FIA. There has been no significant change to the ISC for many years.
I hope the owner of the ''real 906 '' makes an application for a Heritage Certificate, the two applications side by side would make very interesting reading.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 13:11 (Ref:2088734)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now THAT would be interesting Jeremy,like MOST of the so called Genuine cars out there with the chassis numbers,registration numbers, all I'll say is, Prove it!!.Not totally aimed at Porsches I might add.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 11:55 (Ref:2093286)   #12
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh and by the way if you go to the web site and look at the applications-thye are all public-you will that not only has no 906 got an HC but none has applied either.
Next please