Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Nov 2007, 00:27 (Ref:2074971)   #1
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Oooh, I wonder how much this lot is worth?

http://www.coys.co.uk/showroom/index.php

Can I buy one please santa?
Old 25 Nov 2007, 08:42 (Ref:2075057)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
http://www.coys.co.uk/showroom/index.php

Can I buy one please santa?

You would be MORE than welcome to buy the Ex-Work's Healey or the Aston DB2 Tim! Dec5th is the date so it is close enough to Christmass.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 23:08 (Ref:2075435)   #3
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C Type Jag looks very nice...
Old 25 Nov 2007, 23:28 (Ref:2075445)   #4
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone like to tell me WTF is an 'evocazione'????!!!!

The inventiveness of the 'racier' end of the classic car auction market knows no bounds...!

J
Old 25 Nov 2007, 23:50 (Ref:2075457)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The usual reason for selling in Auctions is that the owners cannot find another way of selling the car.The good ones go by private arrangement or through the retail trade.Do we get H&H,R&M and Bonhams list now.Do the Lottery Tim!
Old 26 Nov 2007, 08:13 (Ref:2075569)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not exactly the case regarding the Aston and Healey John
Old 26 Nov 2007, 08:17 (Ref:2075572)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer
Someone like to tell me WTF is an 'evocazione'????!!!!

The inventiveness of the 'racier' end of the classic car auction market knows no bounds...!

J
Perhap's a lack of Italian Grammer??
Old 26 Nov 2007, 10:31 (Ref:2075648)   #8
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The strange thing is that actually a command of Italian grammar is not necessary, as the word for 'replica' is the same in both English & Italian....

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Perhap's a lack of Italian Grammer??
Old 26 Nov 2007, 11:31 (Ref:2075690)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer
The strange thing is that actually a command of Italian grammar is not necessary, as the word for 'replica' is the same in both English & Italian....

J
Do I detect a hint of cynicism in there-somewhere?
Old 26 Nov 2007, 11:38 (Ref:2075696)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
As an aside,there is also a Works Lotus Cortina,Estimate at £30 to £60k.Its KPU386C,another ex-Jim Clark,looks to be pretty un-molested.I have to go to the auction,must remember to keep my hands in my pockets though.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 13:32 (Ref:2075782)   #11
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
That Jim Clark fellow was not only one of the top three all time drivers but must of spent most of his life driving all these different LC.s.At that price to good to be true.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 14:19 (Ref:2075810)   #12
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
I reckon Jim Clark must have sat in almost as many Lotus Cortinas as Jochen Rindt did Alfa GTAs.

Old 26 Nov 2007, 14:20 (Ref:2075812)   #13
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
Cynical, moi??

Quote:
Do I detect a hint of cynicism in there-somewhere?
Old 26 Nov 2007, 17:05 (Ref:2075903)   #14
Brendan Roberts
Rookie

Brendan Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My car is one of the very few that Jochen Rindt didnt sit in. Does that make it rare and more valuable then?
Old 26 Nov 2007, 18:18 (Ref:2075941)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Roberts
My car is one of the very few that Jochen Rindt didnt sit in. Does that make it rare and more valuable then?
How can you be sure?

The Healey by the way IS an ex Pat Moss,long but genuine story it left the work's as SMO 745! It's been a closely guarded secret for over 20yrs,but now it's actualy in print.

Last edited by terence; 26 Nov 2007 at 18:25.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 01:24 (Ref:2076178)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Bet your GTA is very,very expensive!
Old 27 Nov 2007, 02:42 (Ref:2076212)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any Gp2 Capris?
Old 27 Nov 2007, 07:30 (Ref:2076279)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Peter,there is a GP2 Capri,trouble is,I can't remember where I've seen it.I'm in London today but when I get back,I'll try and find it!
Old 27 Nov 2007, 10:34 (Ref:2076352)   #19
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Now I'm confused? Can't see either listed???
Old 27 Nov 2007, 10:52 (Ref:2076362)   #20
jonners
Racer

jonners should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As an aside,there is also a Works Lotus Cortina,Estimate at £30 to £60k.Its KPU386C,another ex-Jim Clark,looks to be pretty un-molested.I have to go to the auction,must remember to keep my hands in my pockets though.
It doesn't have a Jim Clark competition history though unlike the supposedly intact original car sold out of the Walkinshaw collection and the other circuit racer coming up for auction soon
Old 27 Nov 2007, 11:27 (Ref:2076376)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Yer-like Eastate agents
Old 27 Nov 2007, 18:43 (Ref:2076704)   #22
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Yer-like Eastate agents
i am certainly not!!!!! but the group 2 Capri is in france!!!!!!
Old 27 Nov 2007, 21:34 (Ref:2076820)   #23
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Auction descriptions and estate agent descriptions,same,economical with the facts
Next week is big deal for Auction Houses .It will be interesting to see Bonham's results as they tend to tell it like it is.Could be a leveling off in prices or start of ,what do they call it,a correction.If not where will it stop?
Old 27 Nov 2007, 22:02 (Ref:2076839)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It will only stop when the Fabulously Rich decide to stop spending,some of the storys I've heard today would make your eye's water!!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 00:50 (Ref:2076957)   #25
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry,
have you & Chris rebuilt GYG since July (or anyone else)