Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2007, 08:06 (Ref:2084170)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2008 Masters Dates

Received in the e mail yesterday. Add to this two Goodwood test days March 1 and 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masters E mail
We have a special invitation from the BARC to celebrate 40 Years of Racing at Thruxton at Easter – entries will be open for pre-1966 Sports Racing Masters cars and Masters Top Hat Saloon cars - you could have a truly memorable Easter – March 23rd and 24th

The 2008 Top Hat race days will begin at Snetterton on Saturday March 29th!

The first Masters Festival of the year, run in conjunction with the HGPCA, will be at Donington on April 19th and 20th

Brands Hatch will host the 2nd Masters Festival and a full Top Hat raceday over the weekend of May 24th to 26th

Anderstorp, Sweden on June 6th to 8th …..
I'm planning on Snetterton and Brands at the moment. I hope the 70s saloons get a slot at the Silverstone Classic, then I expect the season to cover Mallory and Spa

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 8 Dec 2007 at 08:12.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 14:45 (Ref:2087996)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Masters calender has just arrived.Lots of 2 Litre Gents Driver races .Anyone want a 4cam 2 litre 356 Porsche?
Old 13 Dec 2007, 16:54 (Ref:2088070)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Does that mean the Spa 6hr is firm?
Old 13 Dec 2007, 17:08 (Ref:2088081)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
26/28 Sept SPA
Old 13 Dec 2007, 18:09 (Ref:2088121)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It seems my lot will be at Spa in June so hopefully that means two trips this year.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 23:23 (Ref:2088280)   #6
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'm trying to persuade Sprog 1 into 3 Spa trips this year...
FIA GT, and LMES, plus 6 hours? What are 'your lot' up to, Peter?
Room for a small one?
Old 14 Dec 2007, 04:36 (Ref:2088421)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Stars of the 70's but we'll be mixed with all the Top Hat series at Spa, same as last time.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 13:16 (Ref:2088738)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
So, subject to management approval this looks like my calendar for 2008.

Snetterton 29th March.
Donington 05 May.
Spa 14/15 June.
Castle Combe 02 August.
Spa 28/29 Sept. This should be a busy weekend

Timing is all with my location so I see no reason to rush around in order to race on the Mickey Mouse Brands circuit in May. And Mallory is too close to Spa.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 14:23 (Ref:2088794)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
So, subject to management approval this looks like my calendar for 2008.

Snetterton 29th March.
Donington 05 May.
Spa 14/15 June
Castle Combe 02 August.
Spa 28/29 Sept. This should be a busy weekend

Timing is all with my location so I see no reason to rush around in order to race on the Mickey Mouse Brands circuit in May. And Mallory is too close to Spa.
{ Approved. 14/12/2007 }
Old 19 Dec 2007, 11:47 (Ref:2091880)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Round is on the G P Circuit Peter [Mickey Mouse]? but it is a shame they did away with Dingle Dell.
Time/Money allowing= April 19th>20th Donington
May 8th.Silverstone Power-Night. 25th> 26th Brands
June. Anderstorp 6th > 8th.
July. 25th>27th. Silverstone Classic.
August. 8th>10th Alzhiemer,s GP
Sept.26th>28th Spa + Six Hours.{Depending on Car Surviving}.
Oct .Somewhere in the Sun?
Old 19 Dec 2007, 13:03 (Ref:2091934)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Brands Round is on the G P Circuit Peter [Mickey Mouse]? but it is a shame they did away with Dingle Dell.
Time/Money allowing= April 19th>20th Donington
May 8th.Silverstone Power-Night. 25th> 26th Brands
June. Anderstorp 6th > 8th.
July. 25th>27th. Silverstone Classic.
August. 8th>10th Alzhiemer,s GP
Sept.26th>28th Spa + Six Hours.{Depending on Car Surviving}.
Oct .Somewhere in the Sun?
Nearly forgot Santa,I really would like to do LM Classic as well please
Old 19 Dec 2007, 14:48 (Ref:2091961)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No, the Top Hat races are on the Indy circuit on the Saturday.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 15:53 (Ref:2091992)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
No, the Top Hat races are on the Indy circuit on the Saturday.
According to the calender that came this morning,it's all on the GP.If it's not, I'll not bother anyway.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 16:09 (Ref:2092004)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I stand to be corrected but if you look at this http://www.themastersseries.com/typo...0Scalendar.pdf it says Brands Hatch Indy.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2092181)   #15
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Top Hat day on 24th is on the Indy Circuit. The Masters Festival on 25/26th is in the GP Circuit.

http://www.themastersseries.com/typo...arCrossref.pdf
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:09 (Ref:2092248)   #16
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is what it says as well on the volunteering forms we got for the marshals. Indy, GP, GP.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:24 (Ref:2092306)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Sorry,Sorry ,Sorry,I was going by the U2L. I'm off now.{Wheres Mini?}