Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 May 2008, 09:01 (Ref:2195817)   #51
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who? me? nah,you must have me confused with someone else.Just looking for a suitable Seat and Belts,suppose while I'm at I'd better fit some runners to the Seat,just in case someone else is driving with me as Spa.
Hows the leg coming on now,nice not having to fashion an old coat hanger to deal with the itching that a cast brings on.
Old 7 May 2008, 09:05 (Ref:2195818)   #52
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the leg is progressing sowly - I can put weight on it in two weeks then its a case of building it up asap so I can do Brands Super Prix end of June
Old 7 May 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2195834)   #53
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Do the UK races,There are some good organisers.Why go to Europe with todays exchange rates 1.26.These people need to be backed
Old 7 May 2008, 09:41 (Ref:2195839)   #54
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
well said John . . .although theres bound to be the odd entrant who can't stay here too long!

I'd do the three hour if they let tin tops in, after yesterdays thrash round Goodwood testing I'm ready for it!
Old 7 May 2008, 09:45 (Ref:2195841)   #55
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As soon as I have my budget in place John,I fully intend doing some of the HSCC and Masters rounds[longer ones that is]But I still have to go to Spa etc.Besides,the exchange rate will soon be improving.
Old 7 May 2008, 09:59 (Ref:2195851)   #56
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
You reckon! The place is broke.
Old 7 May 2008, 10:28 (Ref:2195867)   #57
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
well said John . . .although theres bound to be the odd entrant who can't stay here too long!

I'd do the three hour if they let tin tops in, after yesterdays thrash round Goodwood testing I'm ready for it!
Zef, why not ask. If they are lacking entries they may take a couple of invitation tin-tops?
Old 7 May 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2195884)   #58
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I had suggested it but that was a while ago . . . .
Old 7 May 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2195891)   #59
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that they should run to the same spec as Spa 6 Hour - ie have a seperate tin top cup but only let FIA cars in rather than hot rods....
Old 7 May 2008, 11:02 (Ref:2195903)   #60
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I think that they should run to the same spec as Spa 6 Hour - ie have a seperate tin top cup but only let FIA cars in rather than hot rods....

.......... so that those who are only going to do the odd race with HSCC can have the regs changed just to suit their cars and two fingers to those tin top drivers who turn up meeting after meeting, eh!
Old 7 May 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2195906)   #61
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they are short of entries why not allow tin-tops with a preference to HSCC members?
Old 7 May 2008, 11:13 (Ref:2195916)   #62
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents
.......... so that those who are only going to do the odd race with HSCC can have the regs changed just to suit their cars and two fingers to those tin top drivers who turn up meeting after meeting, eh!
so that the guards trophy cars who are FIA spec know that they are racing with suimilar FIA spec cars... mind you I am not sure the hotrods would last 3 hours on one engine ;o))
Old 7 May 2008, 11:35 (Ref:2195933)   #63
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Sounds like the HSCC TinTops are'nt exactly FIA then?
Old 7 May 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2195938)   #64
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
You reckon! The place is broke.

What Spa or the UK?
Old 7 May 2008, 12:02 (Ref:2195961)   #65
simon drabble
Veteran

everything is relative - europe is less broke than UK who in turn is better than US. So it has never been better for eurpean fellow racers come and play here...
Old 7 May 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2195973)   #66
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I've had more Customers from Europe in recent months.

Longer races ran sports, GT and tin tops to International spec in period, thats one issue, something like the SPa 6 hour would be brilliant in the UK, BRands would be my fave location, but Snett or S'stone would suffice!

the HSCC saloon series does cater for both FiA gp2 and HRSR gp5, we've been throught that subject in minute detail a 1000 time in the last few years, lets not waste our breath any more.

the longer period tin top races like the BRands 6 hour where International races, whilst some HRSR cars do run an hour I think most would admit they'd struggle to maintain the pace and reliability for much if any longer
Old 7 May 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2195983)   #67
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Yep ,me too,seems as though there are more dreamers/photo hunters over here.At least the continentals are serious with thier enquiries.
I think that for racers Brands would be an excellent choice Zef,not sure a bout the locals though.One of the major considerations in this wonderfull country of our's,even Snett would have to be carefull with all those nasty,noisey race cars going round for six hours.
Old 7 May 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2195986)   #68
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
everything is relative - europe is less broke than UK who in turn is better than US. So it has never been better for eurpean fellow racers come and play here...

That would'nt be something to do with the Blair/Bushe coupling ,would it?
No,of course not,it just could'nt be.................................
Old 7 May 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2195987)   #69
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
MGCC ran a 4 hour team relay at Snett last October, everything from Metros to a Pedrazzini (sp?) - great fun way to end the season. The intention is to repeat this year and hopefully become a regular fixture.
Old 7 May 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2196004)   #70
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
MGCCs version of the Birkett,Phil Thompson suggested that about ten years ago.Relays can be fun but proper enduros are even more so.
Old 7 May 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2196021)   #71
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
we could do an enduro . . . Snett to Brands, the long way round the M25, that would be at least 6 hours on a Sunday morning !
Old 7 May 2008, 13:59 (Ref:2196070)   #72
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
OK,your on.We'll have to keep an eye out for the pace cars though
Old 7 May 2008, 14:14 (Ref:2196082)   #73
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The HSCC ran a 3hours on Brands GP track in the mid and late 90's for pre 65 gt's and saloons. It always had a good entry and ran from 3 -6 on Saturday of the Superprix. You never know...
Old 7 May 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2196086)   #74
simon drabble
Veteran

so why did they stop running it.......
Old 7 May 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2196091)   #75
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea Simon. Would go down a storm if they brought it back. Isnt there an hour long guards trophy this year?