Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2446987)   #1
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lola to enter F1 in 2010

No really they are. I was told this yesterday but rubbished it then got the official release!
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...next-year.html

This is super news!
Old 22 Apr 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2446995)   #2
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's great news!

I suppose they'll be looking for a partner to run the team while they build and develop the car?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2446996)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mastercard perhaps?

Fab news if it all goes through.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2446999)   #4
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My dog is called Lola. Just thought I'd share that with you.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2447003)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
What do you mean the Lola's just going to be another dog?? lmao

Honestly, that's brilliant news. I hope it resembles their 1997 dog (visually, not performance).

Selby
Old 22 Apr 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2447022)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
My dog is called Lola. Just thought I'd share that with you.
What a coincidence! Mine is called USGP.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2447026)   #7
zac510
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Do 3/4 of its legs refuse to participate?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 14:34 (Ref:2447043)   #8
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i predict lola / cosworth badged as Aston Martin in Gulf colors
Old 22 Apr 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2447048)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Very good.

Must confess, the dog isn't named after the illustrious racing marque - the kids picked the name after Charlie & Lola, but I liked it too.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2447056)   #10
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure there's lots of teams "fully evaluating" F1 since the cost-cut plans were announced.

I can't see anything more in the article than "we're taking a look", which isn't really news, is it? Certainly not on the scale of the thread title!

[/cynic]
Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2447059)   #11
chavez169
Rookie

chavez169 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it all goes through a drive for Davidson perhaps?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2447066)   #12
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news, but I hope that, if Fota let the rule thru (which is all but sure), Lola won't be the only chassis manufacturer to enter. FIA surely aim at having at least 5-6 lowcost teams, so there could be room for others to restore the old competition that 2k's mono-make trend has killed.

Wouldn't it be great to have in F1, say, Lola, Dallara, Panoz, Swift, Tatuus?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2447130)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Toleman?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2447138)   #14
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This depends on the budget cap issue - FOTA isn't a big fan of the budget cap rule, but I guess some teams could be talked round. A 26 or 28 car grid would be nice, provided we don't see a return to pre-qualifying.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2447139)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Prodrive / Aston Martin branding?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2447191)   #16
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Toleman?

Forti??
Old 22 Apr 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2447200)   #17
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is great news I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Martin Birrane will have better luck than David Richards had with entering a new team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtymutt View Post
Old 22 Apr 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2447243)   #18
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
This depends on the budget cap issue - FOTA isn't a big fan of the budget cap rule, but I guess some teams could be talked round. A 26 or 28 car grid would be nice, provided we don't see a return to pre-qualifying.
It feels to me the issue is a lot more complicated and political. I think FOTA sees this initiative as a way for Bernie & c/o to negate some of FOTAs growing power and defuse any "we will all leave if you force crap on us" situation in the future before it happens.

While I wouldn't mind the FOTA starting their own series, it would be sad if we we had a rift opening up and 2 competeing series for the next decade similar to what they had in North America.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2447290)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is USGP also definitely confirmed. That is 24 cars (unless one of the manufacturers pull out). Excellent if it happens.

Now when are Simtek and LIFE returning.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2447301)   #20
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news that more established racing names are considering F1. A partnership with a GP2 team might be ideal for both.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2447303)   #21
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Thats the one Peter... not Fortis, but Simtek....the nightmares would start again..
Old 22 Apr 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2447307)   #22
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of racing, not "joined" at the hip to GP2
Old 22 Apr 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2447318)   #23
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtymutt View Post
Would make a certain amount of sense, but I'm not sure they are still up for new projects together after the shouting match about the LMP1.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2447334)   #24
zac510
Veteran

Why the insitence on tieing Lola to an existing vehicle manufacturer?

For a start any manufacturer interested in F1 is either in, or out/has left.

Secondly, the whole point of this £30m F1 team (and surely Lola would be out if this rule does not get included) is to allow privateers with non-manufacturer sponsorship deals to race. Thus they don't *need* Aston Martin colours to race.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2447398)   #25
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of racing, not "joined" at the hip to GP2
But GP2 does have some of the best open wheel racing teams outside of Formula 1. Agag (ex Campos) are supposed to be looking at entering, I wouldn't be surprised if ART is one of the 8 being muted as checking out F1.

I'd personally love to see pre-qualifying back, but unlike the ye old days, have it as late as possible on a Friday (5PM CET?) and make it more part of the F1 'show'. In the past Pre-qualifying was like F1's dirty little secret, ashamed that these amateurs would have the nerve to darken F1's door. As they say though, you don't know what you had till it's gone, especially when your left struggling to fill a 20 car grid...