Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Apr 2003, 11:37 (Ref:584864)   #1
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Replacement for Pizzonia

if the rumours are true, who would be the best bet to replace him at jaguar...
Old 30 Apr 2003, 11:40 (Ref:584870)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thought this was sorted.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 11:40 (Ref:584872)   #3
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, as we all hear, Wurz apparently.

He is a good driver, with good racing experience, and if Olivier is anything to go by, he should be more than capable at Jaguar.

But for some reason i cant see that happening.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 11:42 (Ref:584876)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
So Eddie Irvine is coming back then ,he couldn't be wurz than anyone else they have in mind.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 17:09 (Ref:585299)   #5
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good bye, jungle boy, i'll never miss U.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 30 Apr 2003, 17:13 (Ref:585301)   #6
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Jag fires him, Williams will hire him back. I still say Pizzonia is underrated and Markie overrated. But the future will show us that. Hopefully Junge Boy gets another chance by an other team that can make 2 equal cars.
Old 1 May 2003, 05:10 (Ref:585879)   #7
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big call Daisy! I think you will find that Jaguar can and do supply equal cars to both drivers, as it is pointless going racing and testing with different kit! maybe teams like Jordan and Minardi have differing spec cars, but you are drawing a long bow to say that FoMoCo can't afford to have 2 new parts each????

I think you will find Mark has been underrated for many years, and is just showing good speed, on the other had, poor pizza boy is swimming having never had any F1 race miles, and this seems to be the most important thing with these new testing and race rules, the other rookies are in the same boat.... but far less pressure than the factory team....

Wurz for Pizza....and the gap to Mark will be back to about .3 sec.

Does anyone else notice the same atributes as MS???
Old 1 May 2003, 06:53 (Ref:585914)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder of Wurz will do any better than PizzaBoy??

He has driven a Big Mac, and now has to settle for a Cheeseburger... I wonder if he can make the transition?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 May 2003, 07:06 (Ref:585920)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Daisy
I still say Pizzonia is underrated and Markie overrated.
Brazilian Grand Prix Qualifying:

3. Mark Webber
17. Antonio Pizzonia

Old 1 May 2003, 07:33 (Ref:585937)   #10
Burton
Rookie

Burton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can assure you that the cars are exactly the same, just more of the standard Jag bashing that seems to be prevalent on this site. Never mind just ignore the fact that the car has had the quickest start to the season ever, ok the reliability is still lacking but its easier to make a quick car reliable than a slow car fast.
Old 1 May 2003, 09:54 (Ref:586030)   #11
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To suggest that Pizzonia is underrated & Webber Overrated is the joke of the season, just look at where the cars are in the field.Either Pizzonia qualifying with the Minardi's shows he's obviously way out of his depth in F1 or it shows that Webber has his Jaguar up higher than it should be.
Old 1 May 2003, 11:26 (Ref:586098)   #12
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone thought bout jaguar giving Gary Paffett a try...
Old 1 May 2003, 12:36 (Ref:586174)   #13
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ha! dont get me wrong, I think Paffet's an excellent natural talent but apparently the reason McLaren sacked him from his F1 test role was because his feedback was so bad. Not what Jag need right now.
Old 1 May 2003, 13:29 (Ref:586232)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sonic
ha! dont get me wrong, I think Paffet's an excellent natural talent but apparently the reason McLaren sacked him from his F1 test role was because his feedback was so bad. Not what Jag need right now.
Unfortunately I agree, and that's a major hurdle Gary has to clear. Teams that are down the grid are the main ones who give rookies a chance, and, as many don't ahve experienced test drivers like Wurz, Sarrazin and Badoer, they need the feedback development. Gary would be better suited in Firman's drive.
Old 1 May 2003, 17:34 (Ref:586462)   #15
Webslinger
Racer

Webslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sonic has hit the nail on the head unfortunately, because I was also given that story last year. Pity, because Gary is a nice bloke, but being nice does not get a F1 seat...

Probably would still do a better job than Firman though!
Old 1 May 2003, 18:24 (Ref:586519)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They shouldn't have fired De la Rosa in the first place...
Old 2 May 2003, 02:33 (Ref:586928)   #17
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with you Jordi, it was foolish of Jaguar to can both drivers abnd have no benchmark available this season. Swerve had to go-he was a demoralizing influence and a budget eater. PDLR is better than given credit by most-though Swerve did say that he couldn't understand Mclaren hiring your countryman as his feedback was "worthless". That's sort of like the pot calling the kettle...recall how baddly Ferari slipped in '99 when Schumacher was injured and the Swerve had responsibility for developing the car.

As for Pizzonia, i'm inclined to believ ethat he isn't gettig a fair shot. if Sir Frank and Patrick Head think Jungle boy has "it", I'm inclined to believe them, not nameless Green clad engineers who have never raced.
Old 2 May 2003, 03:28 (Ref:586951)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Irvine & PDLR both had technical issues, neither could agree as to what was specifically was shyte about the R3, and Jag spent most of 2002 in the wilderness till one of the new engineering bods looked at the front suspension and revised the design

PDLR complained about aero, Irvine complained about suspension... in the end it was suspension flex... so Irv was closer but still no cigar..

And if you believe the reports in Autosport, Webber has endeared himself to the Jag crew, being in the workshop regularly, at the shop floor, and thats got to be worth something as well Pizzaboy avoids the Jag HQ like the plague
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 May 2003, 11:06 (Ref:587167)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
... if you believe the reports in Autosport, Webber has endeared himself to the Jag crew, being in the workshop regularly, at the shop floor, and thats got to be worth something as well Pizzaboy avoids the Jag HQ like the plague
Clearly Webber IS working hard and understands the influence he can have in sorting out the team. Its mature and commited behavior and its bearing fruit. And its the root cause behind his deservedly increasing reputation.

That said, Pizzonia deserves a better shot-he's not Webber, but that doesn't mean he's worthless.
Old 2 May 2003, 11:13 (Ref:587177)   #20
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well said. I think it's asking a bit much to ask someone that inexperienced to deliver in their first four races!
Old 2 May 2003, 12:11 (Ref:587237)   #21
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by krt917
Well said. I think it's asking a bit much to ask someone that inexperienced to deliver in their first four races!
I know its his first season of F1 but he ain't that inexperienced really compared to someone like robotkonnen.

Loads of successful single seater expereince and a full-on testing role for Willaims.

People expected a lot from pizza and not only has he not achieved his full potential he has drastically underachieved and made a number of schoolboy errors that F1 just can't forgive.

If he had even done a couple of extra special things to give people a glimmer of hope then he may not be in this position now.
Old 2 May 2003, 12:13 (Ref:587241)   #22
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He should know Barcelona very well - we'll see how he goes here seeing as he doesn't have to waste his 3 hours learning the track.
Old 2 May 2003, 12:19 (Ref:587247)   #23
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But this morning during private testing he hit a mechanic sending him flying!
from f1-live.com
Quote:
Pizzonia... overshot his pit-box and sent mechanic Andy Saunders flying two metres into the air.
Saunders was taken to the medical centre at the circuit but team sources said he has only cuts and bruises and slight concussion and that no serious injuries were sustained
Old 2 May 2003, 12:23 (Ref:587248)   #24
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1-Live is reporting that talk in the paddock says Wurz turned down the Jag offer... Why would he do that? It's a race drive he's turning down, and by the looks of Webber's performances so far this year, not a horrible car! Hmmm... it's not like he has a chance at a McLaren seat, certainly not with the way Kimi is performing, and you would also be crazy to replace DC with Wurz...
Old 2 May 2003, 14:28 (Ref:587444)   #25
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
I think for Wurz, there has been a real consideration for the quality of the Team. At McLaren, he's with a cohesive supportive team to which he is a significant contributor. They respect him and he respects the team.

Jaguar is a shambles and the rumours circulating about Pizzonia are a clear indication of just how supportive the team can be. The car may not be half bad, but there are real issues about the TEAM's ability to build on their momentum.