Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 12 Mar 2004, 03:01 (Ref:902684)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
YRM - The future

Gents (and Cougar)

I thought I would start a seperate thread for ideas and changes for next season. Many of you are on MSN now, and Bomn, DriverT, Cougar, MrV, redblurr, Paulzino, Mark Webber, Kristof and I have had many discussions on future developements and info sharing.

Without doubt MSN has helped the group, and anyone not on it should seriously have a look.

What are we looking for? Ways to make the game more interesting to both serious and casual players. It goes without saying the more fun this is, the more players we attract, the higher up the standings we get.

In season 6, the goal should be top 20 in the world.

So this is the ideas thread. We are looking for anything, from a new name for each league, changes to scratch league, to info sharing. Also, how to attract new players.

If you have an idea, we want to hear it.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 07:14 (Ref:902877)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Ok - to kick things off I'll start with team and car names. As you all know, Bomn does a sensational job providing us with the HALL OF SHAME, Ooops, I mean Fame.

To make it a little easier for him, next season we will require the following for names.

Team Names

Your Team name must have a easy connection to your ten-tenths username. While using your username is preferable, a part of it is acceptable (such as Shiny side up calling himself Shiny Racing for example).

Car Names

Again, related to your username as the first part of the car name.

ie Cougar 05
Cougar Fiat
Cougar is so slow

... are acceptable

This will allow Bomn to sort them easy to calculate Contructors points.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 10:41 (Ref:903037)   #3
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Is there a limit to the length of names we can have?

Coz i'd like to Have my car called: "Cougar is slow but Wrex is an annoying little tit! And im gonna kick his ass"

As for getting more people playing... we need grid girls playin the game as well

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:21 (Ref:903217)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Sorry mate, names cannot contain false or unlikely statements
Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:33 (Ref:903230)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"Annoying large tit" then......
Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:45 (Ref:903251)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Naaaa, Cougar (a.k.a. Egor) is 6'7, we are all little to him
Old 12 Mar 2004, 14:50 (Ref:903309)   #7
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Yoy better believe it...

Anyways seeing as we are off topic...

Aysedasi? Why are you not playing YRM? Now is a good time to start to be ready for next season!? OK well this is ON topic as I am trying to recruit new players.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 14:53 (Ref:903318)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
We give give him a lolly for every new player you see

Good point though mate, we could use the help of you and the other 'Armchair enthusiasts'
Old 12 Mar 2004, 15:06 (Ref:903335)   #9
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Neah i thought i got lollies at 500 posts but seems I dont!!

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 14 Mar 2004, 08:53 (Ref:904858)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Another idea that has come up for next season, is the awarding of a championship point for 'Super-Pole' at 3 races next season.

With everyone using a different strategy to each other, very few races see all of us putting our best car forward at the same time.

The idea is this. A point for pole will be awarded to the fastest car in each ten-tenths league for 3 races.

Race 1 - Australia
Race 11 - Silverston
Race 20 - Suzuka

The idea being, every team goes all out for pole at these races, making the best car/driver combination they can (and obviously alot of track knoweldge).

Bragging rights should be enough, but to give some extra insentive a point is given to the winner.

Let me know what you think
Old 14 Mar 2004, 21:44 (Ref:905325)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Another thing that came up a few days ago, was the reshuffle at the last race to produce the top 50 cars.

Should we stick with the current rules, where all raced cars gain automatic entry, or should the lower ranked cars we garaged to make way for point scoring sleepers?

The later would obviously help get the total points up and move us further up the rankings, but we dont want to upset the team environment either. I'm happy either way, so its up to you.
Old 14 Mar 2004, 21:47 (Ref:905328)   #12
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
I suggest keep all super league cars in the team. But take the best from scratch and Gravel trap.

How much od a difference will it make anyways.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 15:15 (Ref:905974)   #13
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, maybe we can see which points tally is the highest and then go with that one. Depends upon how many positions it gives us, I guess.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 20:58 (Ref:906321)   #14
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
While using your username is preferable, a part of it is acceptable (such as Shiny side up calling himself Shiny Racing for example).
I regret to inform Mr. Wrex that due to his egregious maladaptation of our corporate identity, our sponsors have pressured us into taking any legal actions deemed necessary to receive just compensation for his ill-advised actions. Under no pretenses is it acceptable to manipulate our Name into any form other than its intended for personal or institutional gain.

Or just call us 'SIR Shiny' next time.

Thanks.

Last edited by shiny side up!; 15 Mar 2004 at 20:59.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 18:16 (Ref:924303)   #15
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
So what is the status of the lawsuit?
Old 30 Mar 2004, 22:53 (Ref:924562)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
A friend of mine (Franky The Hammer) paid him a visit and settled the matter.

I'm sure Shiny will confirm that when can type again after an unrelated accident where he slammed both hands with the boot of his car
Old 31 Mar 2004, 12:49 (Ref:925167)   #17
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
In response to your inquiry, I must tell you that unfortunately, Shiny's computer does not work whilst swimming with the fishes. I'm sure he will respond to you personally after he has finished his big sleep.

Hick Rendrick,
Executor of the SSU estate and racing enterprises
Old 1 Apr 2004, 03:22 (Ref:925909)   #18
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Ok Gentlemen (and Cougar)

After some MSN conversations with a few of you, the following changes have been brought up for consideration. Please read through them and tell us what you think.

1. Scratch Car Launch date: This seasons cars were actually started at the final race last season, giving us an extra 11 million to spend. In the interests of safety and fairness, the speed must be brought down to stop scratch cars embarrassing some of the Supercars. So the new launch date is scheduled for day 1 of the new season.

2. Team numbers : Next season, you will be allowed to run as many cars as you like in both leagues, however only the top 2 will count towards the constructors championship.

3. Name changes : Scratch to be renamed F3000 series and Super renamed Formula 1.

4. Rookie Championship : A harsh reality is that only one person can wont win the WDC, while only a few will contest it to the end. A "B" championship will be established for those up and coming players that dont have the experience yet to compete at the top level. This will also help us know who the next big contender is likely to be. Entry requirments to be determined at a later date.

5. Mentor Championship : To assist new players and those struggling, one idea is to have a 'mentor' program established. Each of the top players from this season will be allocated 2 or more 'rookies' and form a team. Points will count from 1 car from each team member and a championship established.

6. Superpole Awards : We would all like pole at every race, but its just not possible. Added to this on occassion people have claimed a pole only because a faster car was 'sleeping'. So 3 races will be chosen, where the pole holder will be awarded a championship point. With most cars participating, we will all be able to guage just how fast everyone is at certain points in the championship.

Fastest Car out of the box Award (outright only for Oz)

Fastest Mid-season Car Award (Silverstone Pole)

Fastest Car of the season Award (Suzuka)

Added to this, awards for:

Most Poles (Indivual Car) and/or
Most Poles (Team)

Most consecutive poles

7. World Championships to win:

Each season a champion will be crowned (and a virtual trophy given) to the:

Rookie Champion

Mentor Champion Team

F3000 Drivers Champion

F3000 Constructors Champion (top 2 cars added)

Formula 1 Drivers Champion

Formula 1 Constructors Champion (top 2 cars added)

The biggest prize :

World Constructors Champion (Top 2 scratch and top 2 Super added together)

Thats all so far folks, please let us know what you think, as Bomn will need to make some preparations in advance.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 04:10 (Ref:925932)   #19
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All sounds pretty good really.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
3. Name changes: Scratch to be renamed F3000 series and Super renamed Formula 1.
What's wrong with calling it Formula 2?

Quote:
4. Rookie Championship...
How about less than 1 full seasons experience as the cutoff between the men and the boys.

Quote:
5. Mentor Championship...
This sounds good.. provided we can get more newbies. I've contemplated sitting out next seasons WDC due to time constraints so this'd help keep my eye in.

Quote:
Thats all so far folks, please let us know what you think, as Bomn will need to make some preparations in advance.
Once I get a home computer I'd be glad to give Bomn a hand with the Hall of Fame.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 09:20 (Ref:926130)   #20
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Quote:
5. Mentor Championship : To assist new players and those struggling, one idea is to have a 'mentor' program established. Each of the top players from this season will be allocated 2 or more 'rookies' and form a team. Points will count from 1 car from each team member and a championship established.
Very good idea, although I think there are so many titles that it makes things confusing.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 10:43 (Ref:926187)   #21
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Quote:
Ok Gentlemen (and Cougar)
WHO!?

Quote:
2. Team numbers : Next season, you will be allowed to run as many cars as you like in both leagues, however only the top 2 will count towards the constructors championship.[/B]
I dont mind more cars. But I see the super league as yhe "open" class. I think scratch should be kept quite limited. Say 3 cars with top 2 counted. Lets leave the experimentation to the Super league?

Quote:
4. Rookie Championship : A harsh reality is that only one person can wont win the WDC, while only a few will contest it to the end. A "B" championship will be established for those up and coming players that dont have the experience yet to compete at the top level. This will also help us know who the next big contender is likely to be. Entry requirments to be determined at a later date.[/B]
What about a veterans Championship! As founding participant im too old to compete in the Super league anymore!!! :P
Old 1 Apr 2004, 12:35 (Ref:926271)   #22
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While we are talking about changes something that will really help me doing the Hall of Fame is if everyone can post their times in one format.
The majority of people post their times as 1:23.456 this will be the format we will use. Not 01:23.456 or 01:23,456 or 1.23.456.
This might sound trivial but when I sort the times in Excel they end up all over the place and I have to go through and correct them.
Just a couple of seconds of your time can save me half an hour a week.
Thanks Guys.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 13:42 (Ref:926353)   #23
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
Quote:
Originally posted by Cougar21
...I dont mind more cars. But I see the super league as yhe "open" class. I think scratch should be kept quite limited. Say 3 cars with top 2 counted. Lets leave the experimentation to the Super league? ...
For what it's worth, I look at things the same way. This season, I have 2 Scratch cars and 1 Super, and am stretching my time to be able to run that many, even without doing anything on any weekends. I love the fact that I am battling on an even field in the Scratch league, even whilst getting my handed to me. I was hesitant to even try in the Superleague, but I did it anyway just so I would have 3 cars to vie for the World Constructors Championship. For next season I was considering adding 1 more car to the Supers, since they are 2 car teams there as well.

I guess I am but one voice, but I would really be for keeping Scratch the way it is, and that is 2 car teams only. Experimenting should be done in the Super league, and if the majority wants 3 car teams or unlimited car teams with the top 3 counting, than that's cool, I will just stick to getting my butt kicked by the Scratchers!

Old 1 Apr 2004, 13:47 (Ref:926356)   #24
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
Actually, 2 more questions/concerns...

1. For the Superpole, does qualifying on pole mean that you qualify P1 for your race, or does it mean that you had the fastest qually time in the 10/10 league you're racing in?

2. For the Scratch (F3000 or F2 or whatever) league, it is suggested that day 1 be day 1 of the new season. Does that fall on a Saturday? If so, I will be royally screwed since I don't get a chance to use the internet on weekends... and would thus push to have day 1 fall on a Friday or some other weekday...

Old 1 Apr 2004, 14:41 (Ref:926410)   #25
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WTF is this all about?!