Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 May 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3072249)   #1
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica Partnes With Coca-Cola

Well, Danica Patrick will join the Coca-Cola family in NASCAR. She will have an endorsement deal with Coke Zero now. This official announcement will be made at Charlotte Motor Speedway today. This will kick-off big during the Coca-Cola 600 this year. She will be doing promotions for this brand. She will also do promotions with Brooklyn Decker(actress) at this race to promote the new movie "Battleship"

She just keeps getting the big sponsors. I guess I am going to have to stop drinking Pepsi Max now and start drinking Coke Zero...
Old 10 May 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3072254)   #2
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
I guess I am going to have to stop drinking Pepsi Max now and start drinking Coke Zero...
The artificial sweetners in both reek (excuse the pun) havoc with my guts.
Old 10 May 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3072275)   #3
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh fer Chrissakes.... someone in Atlanta must have been at those Acapulco Gold Filters again.

Why could the Coca Cola Corporation not put their marketing dollars behind drivers with at least some jot or iota of demonstrable talent, such as Trevor Bayne or Ricky Stenhouse?

The only things that mark her out from her fellow mid- to back-field Nationwide runners are that she has much better equipment than they do, and the fact that she can pull her crutch straps up tighter than they are can.
Old 10 May 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3072279)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really sorry DanicaFan, no disrespect intended, but is this really worth a new thread?

Never the less, IRN-BRU all the way. Scotland: the only country in the world where Coca-Cola is not the most popular soft drink.
Old 10 May 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3072280)   #5
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
I'm really sorry DanicaFan, no disrespect intended, but is this really worth a new thread?

Never the less, IRN-BRU all the way. Scotland: the only country in the world where Coca-Cola is not the most popular soft drink.
It is worth it to me. Im going to be a Coke Zero consumer now.
Old 10 May 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3072287)   #6
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm gonna have to find a new soda, as I do not endorse those who take up valuable seat space for reasons other than talent.

Basically the same reasons I avoid Mountain Dew at all costs. I'd take drinking from a garden hose before I touch that stuff.

This from a 40 year Coca Cola drinker.
Old 10 May 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3072296)   #7
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
The artificial sweetners in both reek (excuse the pun) havoc with my guts.
I don't like any cola drinks, I drink them for courtesy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Why could the Coca Cola Corporation not put their marketing dollars behind drivers with at least some jot or iota of demonstrable talent, such as Trevor Bayne or Ricky Stenhouse?
They are men. This is Coke Zero.
Old 10 May 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3072317)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.irn-bru-usa.com/

Do it.
Old 10 May 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3072336)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post

I can get Irn Bru at a local supermarket that has an sizable international section. It's pretty bad. I think I tried it before in the UK as well. Didn't like it.

I like Fentimans Cola and Mezzo Mix from Germany.
Old 10 May 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3072422)   #10
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Sam Hornish drinks Coke Zero.
Old 10 May 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3072442)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not any more...
Old 10 May 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3072451)   #12
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irn Bru is the best drink of all, and deciding what drink to drink based on a company sponsoring someone is utter silliness.
Old 10 May 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3072452)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Ohhh. Dis brings me right back. Supermarket own brand Cola. 3 litres for a pound. Oh, aye. Dem where the days.
Old 10 May 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3072457)   #14
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Ohhh. Dis brings me right back. Supermarket own brand Cola. 3 litres for a pound. Oh, aye. Dem where the days.
Snap! New Wave Cola is the bomb here in Canada.

A President's Choice knockoff of Pepsi, which itself is a knockoff of Coke.

And 3 litres a pound!? Mad deals bro!
Old 10 May 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3072467)   #15
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it doesn't matter how bad a soft drink tastes, add vodka and it tastes great. Well... maybe after you've already had a few of said vodkas...

Quote:
Why could the Coca Cola Corporation not put their marketing dollars behind drivers with at least some jot or iota of demonstrable talent, such as Trevor Bayne or Ricky Stenhouse?.
totally agree Clive. How well would CC sit with the Christian community with Trev?
Old 11 May 2012, 04:02 (Ref:3072514)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh noes
Old 11 May 2012, 04:57 (Ref:3072524)   #17
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Wait..., being semi-attractive isn't a talent? Well, she has... um..., that is, she can... uh..., and then there's her ability to..., erm....

Alright, put that bikini on.

Yeah, show us where your talents are! Get this girl in a car, ASAP!
Old 11 May 2012, 06:23 (Ref:3072541)   #18
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post

Here we have a supermarket called Lidl, and they happen to do a 2L bottle of pretty good knockoff coke for 32p, and it tastes good. That's 6L for under a pound! Madness!
Old 11 May 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3072711)   #19
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 litres.... that's just over 366 cu. in., right?
Old 11 May 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3072719)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
6000cm^3 I believe. Whatever that is in imperial measurements.
Old 11 May 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3072735)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I will have you know that Pepsi is a **** poor knockoff of Coke at best. I'd rather drink my own urine.
Old 11 May 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3072812)   #22
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 litres a pound? I remember when I could go down the corner shop with a pound and come out with 2 loaves of bread, 4 pints of milk, a tin of beans, a tub of ice cream and 3 litres of Coke.

Can't do that nowadays.

Too many bloody security cameras...
Old 11 May 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3072815)   #23
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I will have you know that Pepsi is a **** poor knockoff of Coke at best. I'd rather drink my own urine.
Woah woah woah. Pepsi trumps Coke any day.

Unsurprising you are in the pro-Coke lobby coming from Atlanta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88 View Post
3 litres a pound? I remember when I could go down the corner shop with a pound and come out with 2 loaves of bread, 4 pints of milk, a tin of beans, a tub of ice cream and 3 litres of Coke.

Can't do that nowadays.

You guys need to cut down on the cameras, it's silliness. All the cameras being put up against the people's wishes, plus all the info given freely to Facebook makes things far to 1984ey for me.
Old 11 May 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3072823)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You got a problem with that?!
Pepsi does taste like butt, really. Both taste like crap without Bourbon.
Old 12 May 2012, 04:15 (Ref:3072902)   #25
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88 View Post

Can't do that nowadays.

ahhhhahahaha!

Quote:
Woah woah woah. Pepsi trumps Coke any day.

I think eating moose and elk has screwed up your taste buds. Pepsi even smells funny.

On second thought, I've actually had elk and it was delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
You got a problem with that?!
Pepsi does taste like butt, really. Both taste like crap without Bourbon.
I take issue with this as well. Pepsi ruins bourbon. Coca-cola accentuates it.