Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 Aug 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3289485)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM Released by Ganassi

Rumor has it that JPM will be released by Ganassi at year's end.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 01:15 (Ref:3289486)   #2
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its true. Article on Jayski's. Too many good kids coming up in the ranks.
May see a land rush for the young talent now.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 01:36 (Ref:3289491)   #3
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kyle Larson in the #42 Target Chevy next year? Not likely, but I wouldn't be shocked if this was the case.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 01:46 (Ref:3289494)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No surprise. I don't follow nascar closely but AFAIK he hasn't done much of anything.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 01:56 (Ref:3289499)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some young up and coming driver will get this ride and languish in obscurity forever. Chip's cars are crap.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3289503)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Some young up and coming driver will get this ride and languish in obscurity forever. Chip's cars are crap.
Are the cars poor, or does the pilot not know how to extract the most from them & the engineering group to make them better?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Aug 2013, 02:57 (Ref:3289510)   #7
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where to now for JPM, Grand Am or a smaller NASCAR operation?
Old 14 Aug 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3289555)   #8
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love to see him back in an Indycar, he is still younger than Franchitti.

NASCAR is such a waste of talented drivers!
Old 14 Aug 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3289574)   #9
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larson seem to be the hot favourite which means that it'll almost certainly be someone else!

I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner, although I am surpised that it's EGR that have pushed the button and not JPM. They've played pass-the-parcel with their crewcheifs and team personnel so often it's no wonder that both their drivers have struggled to make an impact.
Personally I'd like to see JPM continue in NASCAR. At 37 I think single seater racing isn't going to be an option unless he brings a lot of sponsor money. Otherwise I could see him going to Grand-Am or maybe ALMS (or whatever it's called these days)
Old 14 Aug 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3289582)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For a guy that had the pace to beat anyone in F1, I am amazed he has lasted this long in NASCAR withut doing much, I know it's a totally different game but he had enough knowledge of oval racing from chamcar to be able to adjust and he simply hasnt.

A reputation keeping a seat isn't enough these days and he has had his chance, and more of a chance than some, so maybe the best thing to leave.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3289594)   #11
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it only the NASCAR team he is leaving or the whole Ganassi operation? I hope he continues in USCR next year. He has 3 Daytona 24 Hours wins to his name, including this year's race and would be a big name for the series.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3289643)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Are the cars poor, or does the pilot not know how to extract the most from them & the engineering group to make them better?
In approximately 295 races for EGR, they have only 27 top 5s and 4 wins to show for, 2 of which were plate races at the same track and 1 of which was JPM on a road course. I am going with poor cars, but it could be argued either way. Felix seems to have done very well for himself in NASCAR with mediocrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Is it only the NASCAR team he is leaving or the whole Ganassi operation? I hope he continues in USCR next year. He has 3 Daytona 24 Hours wins to his name, including this year's race and would be a big name for the series.
Perhaps, sticking with Chip in the other series would be a logical choice, but there has been no comment from Chip on his contract as a whole with the organization. Just that he is out of EGR, which is actually separate from Ganassi racing itself.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3289666)   #13
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was just about to start a thread about "Where to for Montoya?". What do you guys think?

What are the alternatives?:
  • Indycar (Franchitti, Dixon, Montoya and Kimball at Ganassi - epic line up!)?
  • FIA WEC (LMP1 Porsche?)?
  • Nationwide series?
  • Grand AM?
  • F1 (I certainly don't think so)?
  • V8 Supercars?
  • Stock Car Brazil?

I certainly hope he rejoins indycar now when twin turbos returns and aero packages gets introduced. If not, I would be happy if he joins Porsche in the FIA WEC.

/Marcus
Old 14 Aug 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3289667)   #14
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who wants to be the next "Reed Sorenson"?
Old 14 Aug 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3289688)   #15
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM has a lot of fitness work to do if he wants to go back to Open Wheel racing anytime soon, I'm thinking Grand Am as he has been part of the Daytona 24H winning team 3 times now.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3289743)   #16
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pW6dn_C1U

You were not kidding when mentioning he needs alot of fitness work.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3289761)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Who wants to be the next "Reed Sorenson"?
Ha! It's funny cause it's true.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3289826)   #18
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been saying for years that Montoya was being a fool unto himself with his misguided loyalty to the crap team that is EGR. In my view, he should have gone to a blue-chip team years ago; I believe that in a front-line team, he would have been a multiple Cup winner years ago.

Now his chickens have come home to roost. His inertia in promoting his own career has been rewarded in spades by getting canned by a **** team; where on earth does he go in Cup racing from here? Furniture Row if Kurt Busch gets to move on at the end of the season?
Old 14 Aug 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3289863)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Would like to see him in WEC.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3289882)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are a few guys in NASCAR that ought to move on, Casey Mears being another, plenty of guys get few chances, and this guy, Patrick, Montoya, Allmendinger and a few others seem to waft on without doing a lot and keep their rides

It should be more cutthroat, might encourage better racing too
Old 14 Aug 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3289920)   #21
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pW6dn_C1U

You were not kidding when mentioning he needs alot of fitness work.
That's what living in 'Merica will do to you - spending money on three TVs so you don't have to move to turn them on.

As far as potential series go, V8 Supercars is not an option. Jacques did it and failed (rather spectacularly, I might add). Formula 1 - no freaking way. JPM's too old, fat, and untalented to do anything with that career anymore - plus he's got a bad history. IndyCar is too physically demanding. I could see doing a Ganassi deal with the USCR next year, but he'd still have to start working out. If he wants to go "back on the road" and do world events, then the 2014 Porsche seat could be his if he really, really tries.
Old 15 Aug 2013, 00:52 (Ref:3289960)   #22
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM will be lucky to race Brazilian stock cars. If he wants to stay in Nascar he will have to take a huge salary cut. If someone wants him. Maybe a road course ringer?
Old 15 Aug 2013, 01:05 (Ref:3289964)   #23
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Retirement. Maybe an annual one off at the Daytona 24. He'll probably decline Indy 500 offers.

I don't see him in the WEC. Porsche won't have him, all the other seats are booked up and class wins won't inspire him.
Old 15 Aug 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3289966)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Retirement. Maybe an annual one off at the Daytona 24. He'll probably decline Indy 500 offers.

I don't see him in the WEC. Porsche won't have him, all the other seats are booked up and class wins won't inspire him.
Are you suggesting that NASCAR did inspire him?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Aug 2013, 01:09 (Ref:3289967)   #25
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Are you suggesting that NASCAR did inspire him?
Initially it did, then the flame burnt out.