Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Sep 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3675372)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rounds 28,29 & 30 brands hatch GP 2016

time to decide this years BTCC champion as the cars for the 2nd time this year hit brands but on the longer course
Old 26 Sep 2016, 22:46 (Ref:3675394)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
First time ever we've got eight drivers with a mathematical chance of winning the title. Would have loved to have gone and looked like I would but now will have to watch at home, still haven't gone to a race since 14
Old 26 Sep 2016, 23:17 (Ref:3675401)   #3
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eyeing the weather suspiciously... yesterday the forecast was quite good, more recently it's looking rainy for Sunday, in typical Brands finale fashion. Could shake it up even more.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 06:08 (Ref:3675464)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
A Honda will do it, most likely Neal.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 07:37 (Ref:3675476)   #5
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I'd agree with that. It's now that the experience will start to show. Tordoff and Collard will never have been under such pressure; Neal and Shedden will have felt it plenty of times before.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 10:30 (Ref:3675487)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I'd agree with that. It's now that the experience will start to show. Tordoff and Collard will never have been under such pressure; Neal and Shedden will have felt it plenty of times before.
Yep, for me they have the best package and their car will go very well at Brands GP. I think the BMW will be up there, but I think the Honda will be too strong.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3675500)   #7
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think, and hope, Tordoff wins. Outside bet on Jackson if he manages to qualify in the top 10.

If both Honda drivers have a good chance (within 5 points of each other) come Race 3 then that's points off each other, as opposed to helping each other like they did in 2015.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3675509)   #8
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Jackson win it. Nobody has as many BTCC wins as he does without a title to their name.

Tordoff's had an "under the radar" kind of year and is leading through consistency rather than outright performance. I'm not sure he'll be aggressive enough to hold on to the lead in the high-pressure environment that is the season finale.

I doubt Collard will win. He just doesn't qualify well enough.

If a Honda wins, then I'd rather it be Shedden. I don't think I could cope with someone like Neal having the same number of titles as Andy Rouse.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3675510)   #9
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tordoff will win it cos he has TOO MUCH luck !!! while the Hondas too little

how could it be that BOTH Hondas has tire failure in race 1 at Silverstone cos if they hadn't likely they would be leading the championship now

of course the Hondas could resort to the patented ramming method
fotos kostenlos

picupload
Old 27 Sep 2016, 14:28 (Ref:3675512)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This season's been so close who knows what will happen? I just can't wait to see how the grid shapes up for the first race

Tordoff's been the model of consistency, but I agree this is a big test for him. Shedden and Neal pressure's off and if they avoid bad luck and incidents there's no reason why they can't. Collard is using his loaf more, and is more likely to go for it than Tordoff and can afford to more as well, but despite that another bad qualifying could cost him, it's not the easiest circuit to overtake normally. Jackson I wouldn't rule out, he's been at his best last few years and if he has a stellar weekend he can do it, he doesn't need the others to have a disastrous weekend to do it. For AJ and Turkington all it takes is for one of them to win the first race and the ones ahead of them in the championship to be nowhere and one or even both if they come first and second are back in it, but that's unlikely, although as I said you never know. As for Plato, he needs an act of god to do it

Last edited by S griffin; 27 Sep 2016 at 14:34.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3675569)   #11
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that there is a Strong possiblity that this weekend we could see a few of the non contenders near the sharp end bearing in mind people such as Ingram and Morgan have done well around BH in the past. It will also be Very interesting to see what Goff gets up to as he could assist Tordoff or Collard or both with the Hondas not having the backup of a 3rd car it may change how teams work. and in non BTCC terms im hoping Dan Cammish can steal another win as it may be his last in the series. one thing for sure its gonna be a MEGA weekend
Old 27 Sep 2016, 19:18 (Ref:3675576)   #12
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Depends on the weather. Heavy rain will favour the Fords.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3675601)   #13
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May I ask porschefan, if Tordoff wins the title, will it be solely down to luck? Will it be more down to luck than if any of the other 7 win the title?

I know this is pointless but it may make for a spectacle
Old 27 Sep 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3675613)   #14
porsche962fan
Veteran

Tim Harvey constantly mentions that you NEED luck to win the title
Old 28 Sep 2016, 07:24 (Ref:3675636)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Tim Harvey constantly mentions that you NEED luck to win the title
Luck or Steve Soper, either works just as well
Old 28 Sep 2016, 07:54 (Ref:3675642)   #16
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I hope that Matt Jackson wins the title too. Not just because I know Dave Bartrum, but the Motorbase team really deserve the title, they put so much into every season and are a totally professional outfit.
If not Matt Jackson winning, I wonder if Matt Neal wins, he'll retire from driving? I'm not so concerned about it giving him the same number of wins as Andy Rouse as to me, that statistic was devalued some time ago when Plato beat it...
Old 28 Sep 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3675659)   #17
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
how could it be that BOTH Hondas has tire failure in race 1 at Silverstone cos if they hadn't likely they would be leading the championship now
Well, one of them drove into someone....
Old 28 Sep 2016, 12:19 (Ref:3675689)   #18
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As expected, my attempt to get an actual answer was futile.

Back on topic, I really don't want to call who wins this. It's obvious who the outsiders are but there are too many genuine challenges that could be made, I guess Saturday could be quite crucial, as could soft tyre performance and usage on the day...
Old 28 Sep 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3675704)   #19
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it is still the championship is wide open and it all comes down to what happens in qualifying. For me just because he local to me (I pass JCT600 head office every morning on the way to work) it is Sam Trodoff.
Old 28 Sep 2016, 14:03 (Ref:3675713)   #20
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I think Honda are favorites. Their car will fly around Brands GP. They have two drivers who are very consistent and can always drag a car up the field. They also have the car with the best braking and arguably the best overall chassis. Top speed isn't important around BH and there are very few big traction zones for a RWD car to exploit.
Old 28 Sep 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3675718)   #21
porsche962fan
Veteran

any idea when the Cook appeal will be decided ?

the Hondas really hope so cos it would bring them one point closer to Tordoff
Old 29 Sep 2016, 12:43 (Ref:3675929)   #22
thlbtcc
Veteran

From Adam Morgan down in the championship, there are some quick guys running light which will make qualifying and Race 1 interesting!
Old 30 Sep 2016, 08:20 (Ref:3676072)   #23
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Could be wet for qualifying - that could make a difference. I assume WSR will find a way of keeping water out of the electrics this time but does a wet qualifying session favour the Hondas over the BMWs?
Old 30 Sep 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3676176)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
The wet will undoubtedly favour the Hondas. I think the team that might get pole if its wet would be MG. The BMW really doesnt go well in the wet.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 21:18 (Ref:3676179)   #25
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The wet will undoubtedly favour the Hondas. I think the team that might get pole if its wet would be MG. The BMW really doesnt go well in the wet.
The Honda isn't that great in the wet either.
Wet weather will probably mean a Ford on pole... but it could also throw up a surprise, like Ingram (OK, not much of a surprise as he's been on pole before) or even Hill.