Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Mar 2001, 14:17 (Ref:68453)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After facing several reverses with sponsorship in the off-season Dale Coyne, owner of Dale Coyne Racing, and Christian Danner and Andreas Leberle, owners of Team PRG, have joined forces to run two Lola-Fords this year with Luis Garcia Jr. and Michael Krumm in ther seats. Coyne will operate the cars from his shops in Illinois with the Team PRG pilots.

Team PRG has two Reynard-Ilmor cars ready but favors having Coyne prep the Lolas for his two drivers. He also states that two F1 sponsors are interested in a sponsor package with his team.

Dale Coyne says that he will bring in Alex Barron after he too gets his sponsor package finalized.

Good luck to both parties.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 00:01 (Ref:68685)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, the people over on Seventh Gear are going to be screaming that Alex Baron isn't getting a break!

I think it is a sensible solution though and I hope that both teams work it out.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 20:58 (Ref:68975)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Barron is a good driver, worthy of racing in CART. However he, like many others, needs a good team and good car beneath him to contend where he would like to.

I'd love to see him race in CART, I think he has potential. But so do about 20 other guys out there without a major sponsor.