Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Nov 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2988014)   #126
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder what, if anything, this means for Gentilozzi?
Old 18 Nov 2011, 01:00 (Ref:2988031)   #127
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I wonder what, if anything, this means for Gentilozzi?
I don't know. The same article says this:

Quote:
Speaking to Auto Express, Jaguar’s global brand director, Adrian Hallmark said: ‘We have no official factory-backed plans to go racing. At the moment, we wouldn’t know what area to compete in – the XK isn’t a Ferrari 458 Italia or a McLaren MP4-12C from a motorsport point of view.’
Well, based on the results, that is certainly true. I'm not so sure how much of the problem is the car that the RSR Jag is based off of and how much of the problem is RSR themselves!
Old 18 Nov 2011, 01:03 (Ref:2988032)   #128
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarista View Post
very bad news! I'm really sad
Denied already in August. Can't feel surprised.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2988038)   #129
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure that's even news, it's been mentioned by various sources Jaguar are evaluating LMP1 for 2014, considering we don't even know the details of potential factory LMP and GT entries for 2012, I wouldn't lose much sleep.

I see it as a racing certainty Jaguar will return with a top level program, they have to, to give credibility to their new sporting models, and match the marketing efforts of direct rivals like Audi, Porsche, BMW and Mercedes.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 01:56 (Ref:2988047)   #130
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
it's been mentioned by various sources
I can count two (Autosport/Autoweek - same story and author) and The Bear.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 02:04 (Ref:2988050)   #131
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I can count two (Autosport/Autoweek - same story and author) and The Bear.
So basically one source that was seemingly wrong to begin with and another who is totally unreliable. There was some non-racing magazine that said that Jaguar might be back in 2015 to celebrate the anniversary of their last win, but that may have been more of wishful speculation than anything solid.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2988057)   #132
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And Graham Goodwin, what I do know is a quotable management bod isn't going to be talking publicaly about motorsport plans two plus years from fruition, not least because things can change.

On the motorsport front you only need look how long Toyota took to announce their program, with regards to Jaguar and production cars, the C-X16 has recently been confirmed for production in 2012, it was only shown a few months back in concept form.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2988107)   #133
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I think we will see a Jaguar P1 on track within 3 years. Lets face it all OEM's deny a programme until the day they announce it.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2988149)   #134
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Jag/LRover are recruiting engineering talent like crazy over the M40 at Gaydon. I'm getting bombarded with emails from recruiters with vacancies for all kinds of engineer. Mostly, I suspect, because British Aerospace have closed 2 facilities in Yorkshire, and they're tempting those engineers to move down. Sadly not in my area of expertise.
Hence, I suspect, the "Make Money Before You Spend It" attitude? JLR have sustained some heavy losses, and cutbacks, over the last 3-4 years. At long last, they're selling product, at a profit. If they keep that up (and it's a big if!) then they can contemplate throwing money into a study...
Though how much Halo JLR could get from a similar performance to AMR, who knows. Everyone knew Aston couldn't win against factory diesels, so they got "Best in Second Class" plaudits. JLR are a bigger fish, so more would be expected. Especially as they make a LOT of diesel engined cars! *Hint, Nudge, Wink*
Old 28 Aug 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3295411)   #135
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar returning to LM24? [speculations and news for only Jag fans]

I open this thread for to post all news and speculation about the return of Jaguar in to the motorsport.

JAG GT ?!

JAG LMP ?!

Discuss it with us...

Jaguar fans
Old 28 Aug 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3295413)   #136
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Is there a thread for non-fans too?

(yes) http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129294
Old 28 Aug 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3295417)   #137
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
naturally, i created this thread to enclose all in one

Jag fans and not
Old 28 Aug 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3295458)   #138
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP - Not going to happen
GT - They should be racing in GT but Adrian Hallmark has said that racing is not on the radar yet. Will the recent management changes change this ?
Old 28 Aug 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3295459)   #139
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If GT3 and GTE combine you could see them at Le Mans. There is a Jag GT3 in the works.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 01:19 (Ref:3295477)   #140
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I merged the two similar Jag threads into the original.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3295480)   #141
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
If GT3 and GTE combine you could see them at Le Mans. There is a Jag GT3 in the works.
The XK has been homologated in GT3 for years. There was another built a couple of years ago by a privateer team which does not have FIA homologation (cant remember their name)
Old 29 Aug 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3295505)   #142
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The F-Type is looking like a much better platform.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3295542)   #143
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will make F-Type coupés next year (I've been told by people in Jaguar) and I promise that not only will they look awesome (they're a British sportscar) but GT racing could return. Not sure whether it will be the right size, but the prototypes will be made very shortly, so
Old 29 Aug 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3295568)   #144
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With RSR pulling out of PC, they are now free top help Jag develop the new P1.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3295569)   #145
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The question is if they will or not.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3295654)   #146
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, left off the sarcasm emoticon .... Who else would Jag pick over RSR seeing how that team worked with the GTE Jag?

Jaguar into racing? For real? Maybe in a couple years. The company doesn't need it and probably can't afford it (not that That ever stopped anyone.)
Old 29 Aug 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3295656)   #147
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
JLR are making decent profits, just now. The SUV market in China LOVES Range Rovers.
Jaguar have product people want to buy, and they too are making good money.

Tata can see a profitable business, so they can see it affording the exposure, and the value to the brand of that exposure...

10-15 years ago, who wanted an Audi? Even more, a DIESEL Audi...
Old 29 Aug 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3295678)   #148
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd say the timing is perfect for Jaguar to come back into racing. Their profile is as high as it's been in years.

I imagine they are one of a number of manufacturers taking note of the global GT regs. Whenever they happen to emerge. Will be a crime if some variation of the F-Type doesn't hit the track.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3295689)   #149
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
after ferrari lmp1 rumor, here again the usual jaguar lmp1-lmp2 program rumor....
Old 29 Aug 2013, 12:54 (Ref:3295690)   #150
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
In all honesty, Tata have turned JLR into a proper car business, and Jag are VERY proud of their motorsport heritage. If they do enter though, the press will put loads of pressure on them, given their massive success in the past.