Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Sep 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3768466)   #276
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
The best choice --- -- would be to replace that turn with a nice, safe low speed series of chicanes.
Off with your head sir!

One of the last corners on the calendar which actually has the ability to scare the wheel attendants and you want to get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19 Sep 2017, 05:03 (Ref:3768486)   #277
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
The Sandown track curfew is day dependent, depending on permit from council.
Friday and Saturday 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Sunday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
I like it when people who know the reality provide input, rather than provide speculation and opinion being pushed as fact
Old 19 Sep 2017, 05:11 (Ref:3768487)   #278
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
I like it when people who know the reality provide input, rather than provide speculation and opinion being pushed as fact
just because you choose to make it personal, rather than leave it

STANDING VENUE REGULATIONS - MOTORSPORT

Quote:
Strictly no competition engines are to be started prior to 0900hrs or after 1800hrs.
- Thats Fact, not opinion

there are no restrictions for Sunday, happy for someone to bring something to the party.

also true is Ch 10 have a weekly (most weeks) motorsports programming that finishes at 5 in time for the ch 10 news that is also Fact
Old 19 Sep 2017, 05:56 (Ref:3768494)   #279
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

STANDING VENUE REGULATIONS - MOTORSPORT

- Thats Fact, not opinion

there are no restrictions for Sunday, happy for someone to bring something to the party.

also true is Ch 10 have a weekly (most weeks) motorsports programming that finishes at 5 in time for the ch 10 news that is also Fact
2017 - Sandown 500 - Support Category Supplementary Regulations.pdf
Supp regs attached. Refer 12.14
Sorry I was 1 hour out for Sunday.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 06:03 (Ref:3768495)   #280
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just re-watched the incar footage of SvG vs Fabs, and Fabian clearly did not accelerate off the corner - was he heading for the pits?

I just fail to see how the officials could penalise SvG for this especially given Fabs soft handed punishment for a real bump and run during the race... Mystifying
Old 19 Sep 2017, 06:06 (Ref:3768496)   #281
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Im telling you its to the do with the news on ch 10. what happened in the past is unrelated. ch ten have a race day program that finishes at 5pm for the news and want to keep sandown consistant with that
Total utter rubbish

As this link shows, Channel 10 skip the news and run the V8s until 6pm at the Clipsal 500, Townsville 400, Bathurst 1000, Gold Coast 600 and Newcastle 500 in 2017.

https://tenplay.com.au/sport/supercars/race-dates

The same end time for the race has been in place for the Sandown 500 for ages, the race finished at the same time for races shown on 7, 10 and SBS.

Channel 10's news at 5pm is convenient, but not why the race finishes when it does
Old 19 Sep 2017, 06:06 (Ref:3768497)   #282
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I just re-watched the incar footage of SvG vs Fabs, and Fabian clearly did not accelerate off the corner - was he heading for the pits?

I just fail to see how the officials could penalise SvG for this especially given Fabs soft handed punishment for a real bump and run during the race... Mystifying
So less than quarter of a second for turning someone around

and 5 seconds for not turning someone around

Yes i like the consistency you have applied
Old 19 Sep 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3768498)   #283
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Total utter rubbish

As this link shows, Channel 10 skip the news and run the V8s until 6pm at the Clipsal 500, Townsville 400, Bathurst 1000, Gold Coast 600 and Newcastle 500 in 2017.

https://tenplay.com.au/sport/supercars/race-dates

The same end time for the race has been in place for the Sandown 500 for ages, the race finished at the same time for races shown on 7, 10, SBS or ABC.

Channel 10's news at 5pm is convenient, but not why the race finishes when it does
you are proved wrong, there is no 5pm Sunday curfew. it is 6pm go back to the drawing board.

your link also shows that most races have a 5pm finish , before the news

The race finished at the same time because thats how long it takes to run 500km starting at 1 pm
Old 19 Sep 2017, 06:21 (Ref:3768499)   #284
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
your link also shows that most races have a 5pm finish , before the news
We are talking about the live events here, but you know that.

You were the one claiming the race finishes at 5pm for the news, Sandown is the only live event that finishes at 5pm on Ten..... it is a special case, nothing to do with Ten wanting to go to the news, as is proved by their telecasts finishing at 6pm for all their other live broadcasts
Old 19 Sep 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3768501)   #285
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So less than quarter of a second for turning someone around
2 actual grid spots, as opposed to a toothless penality which the officials at the time knew was toothless....

Someone who unexpectedly parked the car at the apex and didn't accelerate without warning...
Old 19 Sep 2017, 07:15 (Ref:3768505)   #286
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
2 actual grid spots, as opposed to a toothless penality which the officials at the time knew was toothless....

Someone who unexpectedly parked the car at the apex and didn't accelerate without warning...
same penalty as Chaz got. 5 seconds. That''s consistent, maybe he should have re-dressed
Old 19 Sep 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3768506)   #287
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
We are talking about the live events here, but you know that.

You were the one claiming the race finishes at 5pm for the news, Sandown is the only live event that finishes at 5pm on Ten..... it is a special case, nothing to do with Ten wanting to go to the news, as is proved by their telecasts finishing at 6pm for all their other live broadcasts
so whats the reason? Nothing to do with a curfew, thats clearly disproved.

and you havent proved it the news point. there are other variables involved also. For instance only permanent circuit, Football finals, daylight savings. size of attendance
Old 19 Sep 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3768524)   #288
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did i quote you in my statement?

Not sure how it was personal, just stating my opinion
Old 19 Sep 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3768526)   #289
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Did i quote you in my statement?

Not sure how it was personal, just stating my opinion
We could talk about i guess, but seeing how its nothing to do with motorsport we can just move on and accept that i had stated a source for the 6pm (not 5pm) cut off and it wasnt just opinion

but more importantly Ford 1-2-3, first time in a long long time, probably since triple 8 were Ford and Ford fans are excited about bathurst
Old 20 Sep 2017, 01:00 (Ref:3768675)   #290
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
BJR responds to Sandown exclusion

Agree totallyt with Brad on this, the rule is not clear and needs clarification.

there are too many variables in this intepretation of the rule
Old 20 Sep 2017, 01:20 (Ref:3768681)   #291
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame you have to appeal so quickly, it's obviously turned Brad off fighting the penalty, but more importantly, missed an opportunity to get to the bottom of the problem. Hopefully this is sorted by Bathurst.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 01:33 (Ref:3768684)   #292
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
It's a shame you have to appeal so quickly, it's obviously turned Brad off fighting the penalty, but more importantly, missed an opportunity to get to the bottom of the problem. Hopefully this is sorted by Bathurst.
Bathurst isn't time-certain, but Gold Coast is..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Sep 2017, 01:41 (Ref:3768685)   #293
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The rules around min/max driving time and fuel drop, need to be more clear-cut, especially when it is already obvious that a race will not go the full distance due to time-certainty.

I'd have thought the catagory learned a thing or two after last year's Clipsal mess, and this year's Symmons Plains race, but clearly not.

Perhaps if the race obviously isn't going to go 100% distance/laps, then they should consider the 75% rule? i.e reduce the ruleset to fit the 75% distance.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 02:06 (Ref:3768693)   #294
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Bathurst isn't time-certain, but Gold Coast is..
Just out of curiosity (and with Bathurst starting later and later) what's the latest they can realistically run? Surely there is a "time" when they need to stop?
Old 20 Sep 2017, 02:15 (Ref:3768694)   #295
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Just out of curiosity (and with Bathurst starting later and later) what's the latest they can realistically run? Surely there is a "time" when they need to stop?
sunset is around 7pm

Im not saying that as an answer, but it must gome into it. That would be 8 hours after the start, The race went that long in 2014 with the red flag and we start 30 mins later now
Old 20 Sep 2017, 02:37 (Ref:3768698)   #296
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The rules around min/max driving time and fuel drop, need to be more clear-cut, especially when it is already obvious that a race will not go the full distance due to time-certainty.

I'd have thought the catagory learned a thing or two after last year's Clipsal mess, and this year's Symmons Plains race, but clearly not.

Perhaps if the race obviously isn't going to go 100% distance/laps, then they should consider the 75% rule? i.e reduce the ruleset to fit the 75% distance.
Surely its as simple as being prescriptive with the minimum laps?
It is only #75 that thought they were right in this

If the rule said for Sandown, and Bathurst, that a driver must spend a minimum 54 laps in a car, regardless of race duration, and with the resting times still intact if need be, isnt that an easy fix, with no interpretation required?
Old 20 Sep 2017, 03:06 (Ref:3768702)   #297
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

If the rule said for Sandown, and Bathurst, that a driver must spend a minimum 54 laps in a car, regardless of race duration, and with the resting times still intact if need be, isnt that an easy fix, with no interpretation required?
until the race doesnt go for 108 laps
Old 20 Sep 2017, 03:32 (Ref:3768707)   #298
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

It covers all bases, considering 75% race distance is 120 laps. Any less than that, they pull the pin, yes?
Old 20 Sep 2017, 03:57 (Ref:3768711)   #299
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Forget percentages - once it is clear the race will no go full distance the actual length is simply a guess with safety car periods and weather.

The rule should be simple stated as "The nominated co-driver must complete 54 laps".
Old 20 Sep 2017, 03:58 (Ref:3768712)   #300
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It covers all bases, considering 75% race distance is 120 laps. Any less than that, they pull the pin, yes?
That was my understanding, a race less than 75% of scheduled distance would be declared void.. with no points awarded..