Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Sep 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3764020)   #26
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Maybe it should have been a John Morton tribute?
I remember making a Datsun 510 model with that colour scheme many moons ago.
I have an unmade BRE 510 model at home, got the 240Z as well. Will be at Sandown with my BRE t-shirt on .
Old 3 Sep 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3764037)   #27
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'd say the majority of the toothless fanbase wouldn't know another Pete Brock even existed.

This. Or John Morton. Or BRE.

I think the livery is nice but the connection with Nissan motorsport here in Aus is tenuous at best.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 22:26 (Ref:3764298)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Calsonic Livery For #23

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Sep 2017, 00:59 (Ref:3764314)   #29
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One for the Gran Turismo fans

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Sep 2017, 02:40 (Ref:3764332)   #30
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder what SDS will run?
Old 4 Sep 2017, 02:55 (Ref:3764334)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Old 4 Sep 2017, 03:14 (Ref:3764341)   #32
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SDS could run one of her old Indycar liveries? I know BJR are not running anything like an Ozemail car though! Look for some legendary old Touring Car stuff?
Old 4 Sep 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3764378)   #33
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't a natural fit be to try and create a link between SDS's Nissan and Christine Gibson's factory Nissan EXA turbo she raced in 1983 and 1984? I know Caruso did that livery at Bathurst in 2014, but this link would be a good attention getter

The retro Nissan liveries themselves look great. The history behind those liveries is great to racing fans like us.

Did Supercars when they created this concept, think that teams would front with cars painted in JTCC and SCCA colourschemes, though?
Old 4 Sep 2017, 06:07 (Ref:3764379)   #34
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon they should paint it up like a fictional Norman Ross livery....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Sep 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3764386)   #35
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Wouldn't a natural fit be to try and create a link between SDS's Nissan and Christine Gibson's factory Nissan EXA turbo she raced in 1983 and 1984? I know Caruso did that livery at Bathurst in 2014, but this link would be a good attention getter

The retro Nissan liveries themselves look great. The history behind those liveries is great to racing fans like us.

Did Supercars when they created this concept, think that teams would front with cars painted in JTCC and SCCA colourschemes, though?
I see it as a celebration.of motorsport history in general. To place too many limitations on what teams can and can't use, would be to the detriment of the concept.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3764408)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 4 Sep 2017, 09:04 (Ref:3764412)   #37
Umai Naa
Veteran

Old 4 Sep 2017, 09:31 (Ref:3764413)   #38
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I see it as a celebration.of motorsport history in general. To place too many limitations on what teams can and can't use, would be to the detriment of the concept.
I agree, and it would be cool to see Penske come out with something in the spirit of their old liveries, but I wonder too how a fair whack of the current fanbase, who are probably not as into the history of the series some others, will resonate with car liveries that had nothing to do with Australian motorsport?

Can we expect BTCC Nissan Primera liveries next year now?

In reality though, if you only concentrated on Australian liveries, the concept is dead in a few years....
Old 4 Sep 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3764415)   #39
Umai Naa
Veteran

A couple of potentials for SDS:

Although, they'll probably blow us all away, with the same livery that's been used all year.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 06:38 (Ref:3764653)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Story Here

Old 5 Sep 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3764656)   #41
one five five
Veteran

I've noticed, obviously, that this weekend is being advertised as "Retro Round", and the TV ads for Bathurst promote it as "Round Eleven", and the ads for SMP a few weeks ago advertised that meeting as "Round Nine"

Are we officially back to calling them "Rounds" again?
Old 5 Sep 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3764836)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Story Here

This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Bond/Jones CXT1 @ Bathurst 1988

Bond CXT1 @ Adelaide GP 1990

Bond TLR1 @ Symmons Plains 1989 (where did the Ronal wheels come from??)

Mathews TLR1 @ Bathurst 1989
Old 5 Sep 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3764837)   #43
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a brilliant combination and result
Old 5 Sep 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3764839)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
DJRTP Gets New Logo

Old 6 Sep 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3764853)   #45
Umai Naa
Veteran

Not realy feeling the Lowndes one this year.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 03:02 (Ref:3764864)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 6 Sep 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3764897)   #47
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Davison: Webb ready to race after Ipswich test

However this is not confirmation he will race

Old 6 Sep 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3764899)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Hope Mr Ingall brings his stack hat & one of his many many race suits to Sandown next weekend..
Old 6 Sep 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3764906)   #49
Umai Naa
Veteran

Not sure what Mr Webb's gameplan is with all of this. There is some scuttlebutt about a health concern, though.

But yeah, Mr Ingall would be a good fit.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3765059)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brad Jones Racing reveals Norm Beechey tribute

3 cars. 3 liveries

Here is 1