Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Sep 2017, 05:09 (Ref:3767776)   #201
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I like how seriously they take the retro round, both years we have gone back to a 400km race

Jamies car finding another way to throw away a win/ What will be the reason at bathurst I guess jamie has the one car where you let co driver run a longer stint and get back close to the front

Last edited by peckstar; 17 Sep 2017 at 05:29.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 05:26 (Ref:3767777)   #202
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
great drive stanaway and premat
Old 17 Sep 2017, 05:55 (Ref:3767779)   #203
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Matt Campbell isn't getting left behind either..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:13 (Ref:3767780)   #204
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
cant help but think that there has been a rule upgrade on how long drivers can spend behind the rule since last year.

Will be interesting to see what happens there
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:18 (Ref:3767781)   #205
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bulldoze the shed!!!

That horrible edifice plonked in the infield at the end of the straight is like the mole in Austin Powers...you can't take your eyes of it
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:24 (Ref:3767783)   #206
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Bulldoze the shed!!!

That horrible edifice plonked in the infield at the end of the straight is like the mole in Austin Powers...you can't take your eyes of it
agreed, ruins the view from the grandstand
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3767784)   #207
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
there goes my dollar

flat front right for svg, lap down
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3767785)   #208
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And another Dunlop fails.... #97
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:34 (Ref:3767786)   #209
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
cant help but think that there has been a rule upgrade on how long drivers can spend behind the rule since last year.

Will be interesting to see what happens there
Had a look and it hasn't changed in years. I can't help feeling that BJR have made an error but easy to do with such a shortened time-certain race.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:38 (Ref:3767787)   #210
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Had a look and it hasn't changed in years. I can't help feeling that BJR have made an error but easy to do with such a shortened time-certain race.
cheers ive been looking, I thought he was ok, but then i thought renoylds was correct last year. so im probably incorrect,

suprised that brad would get it wrong though
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:39 (Ref:3767788)   #211
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And a blown Dunlop shows upnas a game changer... for #88
Quote:
And another Dunlop fails.... #97
We all know that you have some kind of issue with Dunlop and love to sink the boot in whenever you can but neither you nor anyone else knows that any tyres have "blown up" or "failed" in this race. There is a lot of kerb action at Sandown so these may well be punctures, or the team may have gone a bit aggressive on setup (as admitted by Mr Dutton).

Best to wait for further information before throwing rocks at the tyre supplier.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:42 (Ref:3767789)   #212
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
suprised that brad would get it wrong though
We'll find out at some stage I guess. The Jones brothers have built up something of a myth around their supposed superior knowledge of the rules but they're fallible same as any of us - they've got it wrong before and will do so again, just as they've got it right as well. I guess we'll know once the results for this one are final.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:51 (Ref:3767791)   #213
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Well done Cam and Richie. great race by them, lead all day from pole.

Ford 1-2-3

Think thats the end of the Stanaway discusion, just a matter of where

Cam the showman, thatsa good thing

Last edited by peckstar; 17 Sep 2017 at 06:58.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:53 (Ref:3767793)   #214
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done to Waters and Stannaway.

Clearly neither of them should be in the maingame
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3767796)   #215
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3767797)   #216
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Nissans were nowhere, as usual.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:09 (Ref:3767798)   #217
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
We all know that you have some kind of issue with Dunlop and love to sink the boot in whenever you can but neither you nor anyone else knows that any tyres have "blown up" or "failed" in this race. There is a lot of kerb action at Sandown so these may well be punctures, or the team may have gone a bit aggressive on setup (as admitted by Mr Dutton).

Best to wait for further information before throwing rocks at the tyre supplier.

I have no issue with anyone...

There were tyre failures today that should be investigated.
The #3, the #9, the #88 and the #97 all had failures

We never do hear the results of the forensic checks..
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:11 (Ref:3767799)   #218
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well done to Mr Waters & Mr Stanaway.
A surprise victory

Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3767800)   #219
Umai Naa
Veteran

When there's no one banging on the door to replace the existing supplier, why would there be any motivation to improve the product?
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3767801)   #220
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:37 (Ref:3767803)   #221
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

That tyre looks to have worn through / blown out on the inner edge of the tread face, indicating too much camber, or a combination of camber and tyre pressure, at a guess of course............

Well done to the winners, will quieten a few haters for a bit hopefully.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3767804)   #222
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:

OK, take your "no issue" statement at face value but you do jump onto the tyre supplier pretty readily.

As far as we know, there were no failures today at all, there were however tyres that MAY have punctured or MAY have been overloaded by those teams or which MAY have had some kind of failure. We'll only know once they are fully checked out but certainly one team was blaming itself.

Wrong to say that we never hear the results of forensic checks - we actually often do but I'll agree that we don't always hear the results. First time using the super softs at Sandown and by & large they seemed to work OK.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:40 (Ref:3767805)   #223
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
MEGA burnout by Waters. Loved the onboard shot where you could only see his hands and the steering wheel because of all the smoke.

Good on em. Well deserved.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3767806)   #224
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Great result for those young blokes today - really fantastic to see someone who's been knocking on the door have a strong weekend. Great way to get the result, no fluke at all, quick on Saturday, quick on Sunday.
Pleased for the PRA crew too - their best 2 driving teams on the podium. Bathurst really is looking like a very even contest.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:59 (Ref:3767807)   #225
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
FORD Wins Bathurst....

well 7 rum & cokes say they will..