Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Nov 2002, 07:30 (Ref:435644)   #1
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Energy Breakthrough - Racetime tell me!

Well i think it has finished. And i believe racetime was there. Who won the races? What was the highlight? What was the lowlight? How did it go? Any major hassles? Tell me all about it, im dieing to hear about this event. Did ya get any pictures.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 10:41 (Ref:437019)   #2
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did he get any pictures....of course he did, I was there
Old 26 Nov 2002, 22:51 (Ref:437576)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies - 10-tenths appears to be having problems (again!) - and have only just seen this thread.

Yep - run and won - as to who won - would you believe, I don;t know <g> - Bendigo won the Secondary HPV event on the RACV track - but full race results are available from the RaceTime site - www.racetime.com.au - use the QuickJump code r0201 or the link to the event.

The organisers have just confirmed the on-track results as being Final so all Design & Construction and Presentation points will now be added and overall placing should be made available soon on www.racvenergybreakthrough.net - that is if the group doing it stops chucking a hissy fit and starts talking to the organisers again (their team, it appears, were one of the worst affected by the tacks that were thrown on the RACV track overnight and they - so they claim - lost 3 laps and the lead during this period and are demanding that the 3 laps be given back to them!)

All in all a good weekend - it is getting longer and longer and more physically demanding - being there from Wednesday until the Sunday afternoon takes a lot out of you and none of us are getting any younger.

Photos - yes - elephino managed to take shots of every vehicle on the track - and nto sure if I said this to him up there - but thanks for taking them - it will become a good record of the vehicles out there. Will try and post some of his shots in the next day or so.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 23:05 (Ref:437580)   #4
RaceTime
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
Photos - yes - elephino managed to take shots of every vehicle on the track - and nto sure if I said this to him up there - but thanks for taking them - it will become a good record of the vehicles out there. Will try and post some of his shots in the next day or so.
A few images:
The winner - Team 70

Second - Team 77

And, of course, you get all sorts of designs and shapes out there:

On the Junior track elephino managed to drag himself down to track level for these two shots:

Old 28 Nov 2002, 10:55 (Ref:438538)   #5
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As you already know, I'm always willing to take photos.
Old 1 Dec 2002, 23:49 (Ref:440810)   #6
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I beleive it was actually Highview Colleges "The Big Rig" that actually won the human powered race. Well this is what the local paper was saying.

Don't know if you got a photo of Maryborough Regional College's "Magic" from the Holden track. It was the one painted to look like a HRT Commodore. Lost third place outright on the last lap after running the last hour of the race with no fuel. If oy uguys did get a photo let me know as I'm sure the school would be interesred in it.

Cheers
Coln72
Old 2 Dec 2002, 00:12 (Ref:440817)   #7
RaceTime
Veteran

OF course we did - elephino managed to get every vehicle.

This is a large image - 303k - 1536x1024 pixels in size:
http://www.racetime.com.au/raceimages/no106big.jpg

This is a smaller 640x427 pixel image at around 60k
http://www.racetime.com.au/raceimages/no106sml.jpg

Think it is suitable? <g>

The sponsor of that car - Graham Jacka Holden - we have known now since we started timing the Breakthrough - he was originally a member of the Maryborough team, then became team manager and we were saddened to hear his father had died 6 months ago and he is now running the family Holden Dealership up there.

It was interesting that a number of people we have known for the last 10 years or so have called this year their final year at the event....time moves on I guess...

Last edited by RaceTime; 2 Dec 2002 at 00:14.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 04:05 (Ref:440892)   #8
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the pics Racetime
Old 2 Dec 2002, 05:33 (Ref:440901)   #9
The Hrt Kid
Racer

where can i view all the pics
Old 2 Dec 2002, 05:48 (Ref:440907)   #10
RaceTime
Veteran

I haven't made them all available at this stage (still recovering and getting ready for Formula SAE this weekend...)

As soon as they are all on line will drop a message into this thread...
Am also considering making a CD available for the organisers.
Old 3 Dec 2002, 09:41 (Ref:441634)   #11
The Hrt Kid
Racer

Whats formula SAE?
Old 3 Dec 2002, 10:29 (Ref:441652)   #12
RaceTime
Veteran

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers - a competition run for Universities - the aim is to design and build a 3/4 scale race car - engine is a bike engine, suspension, brakes, body etc.

The event is sponsoredd by what is called the Consortium - in the US GM, Chrysler, Ford; here it is Holden, Ford, Toyota and Mitsubishi. This is it's third year and is being run this weekend at Carrum Downs at the CFA Regional Training Centre off Thompsons Road.

The US use the event to source engineers - Carole Shelby is one of the judges in the event (remember him? He was Moffrats team manager the year of his and Bonds 1-2)

Keep an eye on my web site - I will have a link to the Formula SAE-A offical page in a day or so.

For anyone in Melbourne who is looking for something to do this weekend - keep this in mind - Michael Borland has been at the last two events and has been very interested in some of the design work that is done.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 10:35 (Ref:454096)   #13
The Hrt Kid
Racer

Hey Racetime i wanna see all these pics! When will they be ready for viewing.