Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 27 Jan 2000, 15:05 (Ref:13237)   #1
pablo
Rookie

United States
Tulsa, OK, USA
pablo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My all time favorite has to be the first F-1 from Bizarre Creations for the Playstation. The Jordan in the paddock with the rockin guitar comin in late... simple I know, but sometimes it works best.

What's your favorite

Honorable Mention:
V-rally 2
Old 27 Jan 2000, 16:25 (Ref:13238)   #2
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

My favourite must be Formula One '99! It rocks! Wurz car flippin' is really smart!

Ally
Old 28 Jan 2000, 01:27 (Ref:13239)   #3
G-R
Rookie

G-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment, from all the ones I've seen: Gran Turismo. Hands down. It's was/is so much better than anything out there, and at it's time, were some of the best graphics out there.
Honourable mentions:
F199, very nice engine sounds
Toca 2

awaiting verdict:
GT2. I've downloaded the Us intro from the net (a mother of a download. 23megs!!). It's a lot nicer looking than GT1, but I'll wait till I get the game, then decide from there.
Old 28 Jan 2000, 14:49 (Ref:13240)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My favorites are F1 '97, the original Gran Turismo, the new Gran Turismo 2, TOCA2 Touring Car Challenge, and V-Rally 2. The opening demo for the latest Need For Speed also gets an honorable mention.
Old 29 Jan 2000, 04:46 (Ref:13241)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know about the best, but the worst is obvious: Indy Car 2.

It goes "Hello, I'm Paul Page and this is Indy Car 2" While they show a demo race.

I want to puke every time I hear it.
Old 30 Jan 2000, 21:34 (Ref:13242)   #6
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT2 is cool.
The intro has lots of old 50s and 60s video mixed with computer generated stuff.

There are lots of clips from Le Mans, and I saw Graham Hill in there (1960 British GP).

Only problem is that it runs through a bit quickly (although it still lasts a long time), so its tricky to take it all in.

F199 was great, as already mentioned, although Wurz's roll was in 1998.

F198 also has a decent intro - shame about the game though.

TOCA2 I liked. On the strength of that intro I bought the 1998 season review.

Old 31 Jan 2000, 05:48 (Ref:13243)   #7
AXLE
Rookie

AXLE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
deffinaetly gt1 start.
Old 31 Jan 2000, 17:37 (Ref:13244)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The intro for the new 'Le Mans 24 hours' Playstation game is excellent, plenty of real video clips rather than computer generated stuff...

I got GT2 this weekend, but Seeing as I've run out of Memory card space I haven't been able to turn the game off yet, so I can watch the intro sequence. (But I have bought a new card, so hopefully tonight...)
Old 1 Feb 2000, 03:39 (Ref:13245)   #9
tourist
Rookie

tourist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...this is history...a tourist post without politics!

It IS quiet in here...this is my first visit for, er..a long time.

Best inro? Does it need to be asked? Been mentioned a few times, but it needs more attention..
For me Gran Turismo remains the greatest racing sim ever (if it wasn't for FFVII & MGS, GT would be clear winner for the PS) it also has the greatest intro.

An ok Manics track `Everything Must Go` turned into pure, adrenaline pumping GENIUS by the genius Chemical Brothers.
I cant forget the first time I saw it. The first part comes up, with the different car makers names over the track footage etc, with the masterfull shots of the race lights/startled birds and the coolest car in the game being wheeled from the truck.
Eventually the `GT-Gran Turismo The Real Driving Simulator` screen comes up. It all went quiet, I thought - hhm, a stylish intro but is that all?
I had the stereo speakers loud. So when the wheels span on the close ups, and the roar of the engines almost pushed me off my seat, the music started up and the screen blew away to the real introduction....

Never in my long and illustrious career of gaming have I felt so much excitment, anticipation and sheer adrenaline all coming at me from every direction all at once.... Well, FFVII, parts of MGS, and Dreamweb got very close.

The Chemical Brothers put much of that adrenaline into the intro sequence, as its an amazingly adept piece of music for its purpose.

Honourable mentions: Rage Racer (cra* game Great intro), the original version of Driver is also VERY cool.
Note concerning Driver: I say more The French Connection than Bullitt.

All hail Gran Turismo - the real legendary driving sim.
Old 1 Feb 2000, 17:37 (Ref:13246)   #10
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm.... A toughie....

All deserving a mention: GT, Rage Racer, F1'99, F1 WGP.
Old 3 Mar 2000, 00:49 (Ref:13247)   #11
David McManus
Racer

David McManus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard that the GT2 intro vid is actually footage of race graphics from GT2000 on Playstation 2
Console out in Jap 2morrow
UK Sept 29ish
Game release Jap soonish????
UK I'd guess with PS2