Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Jan 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1497713)   #1
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC - More live TV

http://www.btcc.net/artman/publish/article_785.php

Live coverage from all 10 rounds this year - good news for those of us without MotorsTV!
Old 9 Jan 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1497824)   #2
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly good news but then ITV have also announced live BSB as well! Sundays are noiw going to get very busy, with F1, WRC, BTCC and BSB! Will be intereting to see how the plan this...
Old 9 Jan 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1497830)   #3
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

Bring Back BBC!!

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

an increase in live cverage can only boost a series' popularity, how this translates to fans on the bank is another matter.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1497929)   #4
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think WRC is taking a backseat from ITV.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1497937)   #5
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

Bring Back BBC!!

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

an increase in live cverage can only boost a series' popularity, how this translates to fans on the bank is another matter.
I think live TV might actually cause an increase in track spectators, expect when its forecast to be wet.

People might notice it listed in TV guides, and decide that they'll go to it that weekend if it's at a circuit local to them.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1497940)   #6
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's good, but how about showing better highlights of the first two races of each weekend? 5 minutes or so isn't good enough.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1497976)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The coverage of races 1 and 2 was usually pretty good last year. tey tended to skim over race 1 (which was the most processional as a rule anyway), then show race 2 as if it were live, and race 3 live (although it didn't wrk out as planned for every round). Hoepfully we will get at least that this season. BTCC rounds don't usually clash with F1, so fitting the schedules in should be okay.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1497991)   #8
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just worry about the quality of the coverage. The BTCC programmes on ITV are poor, the WRC coverage focuses on the top drivers and no one else and F1, well, need I say more than 'James Allen'. If it sounds as if I am being unduly negative well I don't mean to be because more motorsport on TV will get the thumbs up. I guess we can only wait and see.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1498051)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say that is good news for the championship as a whole, i'm not suprised at but good news all the same.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1498065)   #10
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It says on ceefax that each race will be live, but I very much doubt that is the case. It will just be the main races. There's no way ITV would use a whole afternoon for motorsport!
Old 9 Jan 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1498098)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
http://www.btcc.net/artman/publish/article_785.php

Live coverage from all 10 rounds this year - good news for those of us without MotorsTV!
Yeah, I wish Telewest would pull their finger out and get Motors TV on the box sharpish...
Old 9 Jan 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1498114)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Yeah, I wish Telewest would pull their finger out and get Motors TV on the box sharpish...
Here here, saying that I am going to most of the rounds anyway so it wouldn't effect me.....
Old 9 Jan 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1498186)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The fact BSB and BTCC will be screened live, I don't forsee a problem. Any BSB events I have attended or watched, the main 2nd race is finished by usually around 4pm, and the BTCC 3rd race is usually after 4 - 4.30pm.

Good news nonetheless.
Old 10 Jan 2006, 23:14 (Ref:1498978)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't help but wonder whether ITV have bitten off more than they can chew?

9 Apr BTCC (Brands Hantch Indy) and BSB (Donington)
23 Apr F1 (San Marino) and BTCC (Mondello)
14 May F1 (Spain) and BTCC (Oulton Park)
16 Jul F1 (France), BTCC (Croft) and BSB (Knockhill)
30 Jul F1 (Germany), BTCC (Donington) and BSB (Oulton Park)
13 Aug BTCC (Snetterton) and BSB (Croft)
24 Sept BTCC (Brands Hatch Indy) and BSB (Silverstone Int.)

Some very nifty TV scheduling going to be required on those days....hopefully not at the expense of the paying punter trackside having an empty circuit to look at for 30 minutes as races are shuffled to fit the Live coverage.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 00:25 (Ref:1499008)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thyink you will find that a hell of a lot of this stuff is going to be on the other ITV channels. There is simply no way they can cover every F1 race, every round of BSB and more BTC races unless they do, there simlpy isnt room unless they are gonna play recorded live shows, that way you could compact them into a shorter show, like they do with the F1 evets from far away that no one watches until lunchtime!
Old 11 Jan 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1499187)   #16
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Press releases from the BTCC and the BSB both state LIVE coverage of all meetings on ITV1
BTCC Link
BSB Link
Old 11 Jan 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1499209)   #17
safc_fan89
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
I thyink you will find that a hell of a lot of this stuff is going to be on the other ITV channels. There is simply no way they can cover every F1 race, every round of BSB and more BTC races unless they do, there simlpy isnt room unless they are gonna play recorded live shows, that way you could compact them into a shorter show, like they do with the F1 evets from far away that no one watches until lunchtime!
That's not good.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1499230)   #18
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
ISome very nifty TV scheduling going to be required on those days....hopefully not at the expense of the paying punter trackside having an empty circuit to look at for 30 minutes as races are shuffled to fit the Live coverage.
I remember one of the first BTCC races to be shown live at Brands Hatch, back when it was on BBC. The timetable was running about 10 mins late thanks to the clean-up after a red-flagged support race. The powers-than-be decided that the TV coverage couldn't possibly start/end late so the preceeding support race was bumped to the end of the day and we stood around for best part of half an hour, with nothing on track and Titch/Hyde desperately trying to find something to say to fill the gap.

I assume both BTCC and BSB coverage will be similar to last year's live coverage with only the last race of the day actually live and highlights of the earlier races. Even so they are going to be pushed to get everything shown.

BTW, what's happening to WRC coverage? I know it's not live but it's usually shown Sunday afternoon. Apr 9, Aug 13 and Sep 24 all have WRC as well as BTCC and BSB events.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1499258)   #19
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think ITV are cutting down their WRC coverage to 30min programmes.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1499503)   #20
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I wouldn't be surprised to see the WRC move to a late night slot on ITV1 with a "prime time" slot on ITV4.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1500577)   #21
safc_fan89
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
I think ITV are cutting down their WRC coverage to 30min programmes.
If they had a 30 minute programme on each of the 3 nights, eg. at 11pm or something, then that would perhaps be better, because then you are kept up-to-date. But really, their WRC coverage is shocking.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 23:04 (Ref:1504096)   #22
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some very nifty TV scheduling going to be required on those days....hopefully not at the expense of the paying punter trackside having an empty circuit to look at for 30 minutes as races are shuffled to fit the Live coverage.
Shouldn't be an issue - since ITV started showing BTCC live there haven't been any such delays caused by TV... although there were long periods of inactivity at Knockhill in 04 and Oulton last year due to the weather.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 00:04 (Ref:1504127)   #23
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
Shouldn't be an issue - since ITV started showing BTCC live there haven't been any such delays caused by TV... although there were long periods of inactivity at Knockhill in 04 and Oulton last year due to the weather.
Yes but on those occassions ITV weren't trying to fit other LIVE coverage from other motorsports events to their schedules. Delays happen for many reasons at a race circuit, as a paying punter trackside I don't want to hear over the circuit radio station that the currently empty track is due to races being shuffled around so that ITV can go live. Or that the start of BTCC3 has been delayed because the BSB is running late and they are waiting on ITV switching over.
Assuming that MotorsTV will again have Live coverage of the entire Suunday support, I don't imagine that they would be overly amused either.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 01:18 (Ref:1504139)   #24
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes but on those occassions ITV weren't trying to fit other LIVE coverage from other motorsports events to their schedules. Delays happen for many reasons at a race circuit, as a paying punter trackside I don't want to hear over the circuit radio station that the currently empty track is due to races being shuffled around so that ITV can go live. Or that the start of BTCC3 has been delayed because the BSB is running late and they are waiting on ITV switching over.
But that wouldn't happen anyway.
Assume that BSB is on from 3-4pm and BTCC from 4-5.30pm
The BSB race is going to be scheduled to start at 3.25 and the BTCC race at 4.50. There are no circumstances where the BSB race would still be going at 4, let alone 4.50, and the BTCC race won't start later anyway as then they might miss the end of it.