Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3348272)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stoke Row Motorsport Weekend

Static displays, pitstop challenge, classic rally and anything else Iain Rowley and his team can think up. All for local charities.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sto...ngdom&t=m&z=16
Old 30 Dec 2013, 02:16 (Ref:3348783)   #2
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and of course, the DVD of last years' event is still available for £6 from here: www.stokerowdvd.com
Old 1 Jan 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3349407)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
OK, yesterday I had to sort out the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle and pluck up courage and went to see my neighbours at the new workshop. They are both high flying lawyers but they were more than happy for us to have the show on site.
So I guess we will have to call the show the "Stoke Row and Nuffield Racing Car Show and Classic Car Tour". We are going to need some more signs Al. .
Committee meeting in a couple of weeks so more info will be posted then.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3349415)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
No problem Iain
Old 3 Jan 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3350194)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well I thought it was all going too well, Weekend Clashes with some over event up north so I have lost my trusty Marshalls. Bother.!!!! You will be greatly missed but I understand.
Old 6 Jan 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3350875)   #6
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will still hopefully find you a few marshals for the event Iain, we will see what we can do to help but we are at Cholmondeley.
Old 7 Jan 2014, 00:52 (Ref:3351055)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Not wanting to have a PoP (see what I did there ) but I'm sure your show will be better value than Cholmondely, Iain......I'll try to find an excuse to venture South again, perhaps in something suitable for the rally....
Old 7 Jan 2014, 01:09 (Ref:3351058)   #8
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, you could always rearrange Stoke Row so it doesn't clash with various individual marshalling calendars.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3354829)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
OK, Progressing from last year,"we had a couple of soap box machines for the kids. Proved very popular, anyone know anything about these vehicles . I know I sent a set of seat belts a couple of years ago to a fellow tenther through being contacted on the forum, sorry cant remember who it was.
We have a field behind the workshop with a fair old slope ,I can get the grass cut no problem. Be great to have half a dozen machines built and raced. WDYT.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3354871)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
OK, Progressing from last year,"we had a couple of soap box machines for the kids. Proved very popular, anyone know anything about these vehicles . I know I sent a set of seat belts a couple of years ago to a fellow tenther through being contacted on the forum, sorry cant remember who it was.
We have a field behind the workshop with a fair old slope ,I can get the grass cut no problem. Be great to have half a dozen machines built and raced. WDYT.
As long as it is only for kids, they bounce better than old people!

Don't forget the H&S assessment.......
Old 17 Jan 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3355046)   #11
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, check out Kop Hill climb website they run a soap box event for children, I think you could perhaps do something similar.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3355053)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As for the H&S aspect and "ambulance chasers", best to move the whole weekend to Spain !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jan 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3355070)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Iain, check out Kop Hill climb website they run a soap box event for children, I think you could perhaps do something similar.
Ok thanks Alan
Old 3 Feb 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3363705)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Peter, We are moving the show a couple of miles up the road to Nuffield.Where the ---- is Nuffield I hear you say.
Well Delta HQ are there but more important this was the residence of Lord Nuffield "William Morris" the creator of Morris cars. Just bought a book about him facinating.
Old 6 Feb 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3364799)   #15
ProCo2020
Rookie

England
SE England
ProCo2020 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Iain, just wanted to add my 2p's worth, if nothing more than to keep an eye on this thread.

Craven Motor Club will once again be planning and running the "classic tour" as you call it. I prefer the "Maharajas Tour" and I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying the route will be running through Stoke Row and past the Maharajas Well.

I will be examining the rule book to see if we can add a competitive element but I fear that it will take the form of tour with a treasure hunt to keep you on your toes.

Looking forward to it and I hope the weather improves....

Bryan
Joint Clerk of the Course
Maharajas Tour.

Follow me on Twitter @bryanhull or @rallymatcher
Old 6 Mar 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3375778)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
With many thanks To Alan Morgan the web site is up and running.Have a look we will be updating a lot more info next week .
http://www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk/
Old 6 Mar 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3375781)   #17
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
that looks rather good !
Old 6 Mar 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3375799)   #18
ProCo2020
Rookie

England
SE England
The good news is that permit has been granted by the MSA and the route of the Maharajas Tour is planned and awaiting approval by the MSA's Route Liason Officer.

Road book to be written for the tourists......

Old 24 Mar 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3383541)   #19
ProCo2020
Rookie

England
SE England
Route survey and road book written yesterday. It's a cracking 60 mile + run through the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire countryside. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it.

I'm planning on checking the road book next weekend with my other half and her Mother doing the navigating, with me sat in the back, wish me luck.....

Old 24 Mar 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3383679)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Brian, Just been told that we have a 1930's Lagonda entering the tour., I also have it on good authority Compte Michel de Graves is entering in a , Morris 1000.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:40 (Ref:3387984)   #21
ProCo2020
Rookie

England
SE England
Road Book survey was interesting......I think I'm still in a relationship.....

Roads have dried out massively since the weekend before.

Lagonda will be an excellent choice.

Old 14 Apr 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3392348)   #22
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a link to the superb poster for this year's event

http://www.historicff2000.co.uk/SRMD.pdf
Old 14 Apr 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3392352)   #23
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Very nice indeed, very stylish!
Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3392382)   #24
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is truly great :-)
Old 14 Apr 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3392468)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent!