Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Feb 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2131151)   #51
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Also, no Chinese football clubs have signed up yet.
No English clubs have yet been confirmed, but there is still a race scheduled at Donington....

In all seriousness though, it makes sense for the series to establish the series in one market first, particularly as the organisers have managed to sign up a number of 'big' names and it perhaps desirible to utilise the publicity to its maximum affect in the clubs' home markets. Once the series has become established, a move to Asia makes sense. A race in Brazil would perhaps happen as well.

Last edited by kipper; 17 Feb 2008 at 21:03.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2131172)   #52
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, they are in negotiations with one supposedly. Please let it be Liverpool, even though I don't care about football I don't like them. It would be one of two racing teams I would actually not like - the other being Racing for Jesus or whoever.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 18:17 (Ref:2134399)   #53
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with champcar coming to an end, Superleague should buy the 1-year-old Panoz chassis. Why not?
Old 21 Feb 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2134426)   #54
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Because they've already got their own developed? And besides, the SLF car is also by Panoz, and the DP09 is probably rather similar to the DP01 anyway.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 18:20 (Ref:2135975)   #55
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect the DP01 will be used it would make no sense building 20 odd cars and spares when you have a complete package ready and waiting.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2138513)   #56
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I havent read much into this new series. Mainly because i can see it only ending in tears, The thought of trying to entice football fans to motor racing because the livery is in the team colours ? Complete madness ! Although the spec of the car looks interesting, surely A1gp covered any gaps in the market between F1 and other top performing single seater catagories. I can't see the commericial benefit and I can't see this series lasting more than 1 season. Can anyone enlighten me to the benefits of this new grid, other than novelty value ?
Old 26 Feb 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2138591)   #57
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
The new car? It's got F1 power levels (more than a 2006 Sauber), a V12 that will sound like the dog's nuts.

Thundersports, I wouldn't be surprised if the DP09 is pretty much the 01, but with the engine mountings for the larger V12 unit. If that's the case, they could probably convert some DP01s ...
Old 26 Feb 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2138622)   #58
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't know where the money comes froms (same for A1GP, BTW), but if the driving standards are good, I will love the series.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2142471)   #59
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Hitech Racing are to carry out the development of the new car. Story here.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 07:31 (Ref:2142998)   #60
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanowat1
The teams in A1GP do not have individual sponsors however the series does have a few main sponsors and they are managing.

With the Superleague all the football teams are heavily sponsored any way, all this provides is another outlet for awareness. People will associate the colours of the cars with the football teams therefore making the subconcious link with the teams sponsor. its the brand colour that will catch the eye not the signwriting.
I beg to differ - many teams have their own sponsors. New Zealand, Netherlands, South Africa etc. all have their own personal sponsors.

OK, some teams only have the series sponsors to help them financially... but for many teams that's not the case.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2143025)   #61
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanowat1
With the Superleague all the football teams are heavily sponsored any way, all this provides is another outlet for awareness.
It is not quite like that. Olympiacos has a list of sponsors however none of them is interested in international awareness and I can bet that none of them will be happy to give extra cash for a motorsport series. Quite how the racing budget for the team's entry will be generated is a mystery, in fact I can bet that either the series will pay or the thing will not get off the ground at all.
Old 4 Mar 2008, 23:35 (Ref:2144548)   #62
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
It is not quite like that. Olympiacos has a list of sponsors however none of them is interested in international awareness and I can bet that none of them will be happy to give extra cash for a motorsport series. Quite how the racing budget for the team's entry will be generated is a mystery, in fact I can bet that either the series will pay or the thing will not get off the ground at all.
Despite the Olympiacos sponsors' lack of interest in international awareness, the basic principle is that there are sponsors who would LIKE to be associated with these mega-teams yet cannot but decent coverage, because it's already taken... those companies are the key to providing the finance for the cars - maybe even as title sponsors of the Team on their car, which they could not hope to do on the players' shirts, for example...

The 'glow' of being an Olympiacos sponsor for a Greek company would still be there, on billboards, merchandise etc in Greece, as well as where the cars race... after all, if Olympiacos play football outside Greece, they still get seen by Greeks and the sponsors' logos are still visible... it's called TV !

I'm not saying whether it will work or not but that's the premise... that there are companies who want to be associated with the world's biggest football clubs and can't... money just waiting to be spent, in other words...
Old 5 Mar 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2144729)   #63
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeap, that's Andreau's rhetoric but I am really having doubts buying it.
Old 6 Mar 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2145780)   #64
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruce Jouanny has been out testing the car at Donington; the car looks pretty good out on track. Anyone know who's in line to run which teams? I'm only aware of the following:

Anderlecht - Astromega
Galatasaray - Playteam
Porto - West-Tec
Corinthians - Eurointernational
Old 6 Mar 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2145825)   #65
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried to get that info out of the official photographer and a few of the press people but they didn't seem to know or weren't willing to tell me.

I work for the circuit so was present during the Monday & Wednesday sessions. I recorded several fly-by videos of the car, must say it sounds awesome! For me it's how I remember the Ferrari 412T's sounding like as a little nipper, but other folks agreed that it sounds like the old Matra V12.

Regarding it's performance, I can't really pass judgement on on such a new car which has done so little running. I did however find that the new motor was running to only 10,000 rpm instead of using it's possible 12,000 rpm redline. Bruce Jouanny still managed to lap the Donington National circuit at around the 1 minute mark, a similar pace achieved by the LMP2 cars whenever they come to test. Having watched it running I feel that the car has got at least another 3 seconds a lap in reserve, possibly more.

I'd love to be able to upload some videos of the car running for you all to see, but they'd be the first videos of the car running anywhere on the web so I could attract a bit of attention to myself! Not quite what I want, what Donington Park want and what Superleague want.. sadly!
Old 7 Mar 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2146446)   #66
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brief video from the official site: http://superleagueformula.net/2008/0...car-in-action/

Now can we see your videos Alex?
Old 7 Mar 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2146461)   #67
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glad someone told him he was going the wrong way in the first shot!

Sounds quite good.

Jim
Old 7 Mar 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2146581)   #68
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as I dislike the idea and concept of Superleauge (Football? Come on...) that car does sound fantastic. If it is as difficult to drive as it appears to be (there's no traction control is it?) I will be mightily impressed.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2157148)   #69
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Rangers have signed up

http://superleagueformula.net/

Now, who is going to be next ...
Old 20 Mar 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2157618)   #70
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No point in that - unless Celtic join them (in which case, German firecrackers may be the least of the track-side worries)
Old 21 Mar 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2157852)   #71
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
I would like an ENGLISH!!! team next, prefarably the mighty Man United.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2158290)   #72
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv
I would like an ENGLISH!!! team next, prefarably the mighty Man United.
English Team like Man United are you sure ???
Van der Sar, O'Shea, Pique, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani, Tevez, Saha, Giggs.

I don't see any English?
Old 21 Mar 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2158297)   #73
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Last time I checked they played in the premier league, though.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2158336)   #74
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
Rooney, Scholes, Carrick, Ferdinand, Hargreaves, Foster etc are all English, aren't they?
Old 21 Mar 2008, 19:27 (Ref:2158425)   #75
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hargreaves is actually Canadian I think.

Tags
superleague formula