Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Jan 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1200861)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nascar Heat and Mods?

I've finally found via Ebay a UK supplier of the US sim Nascar Heat, on which a number of mods are based. I onyl really want it to be able to try Brisca Heat* (as I was an avid supporter of BRISCA when I studied in Manchester back in the mid-80s).

But what other mods are there out there (and does anyone have any links to mods sitting in their "favourites"?).

BTW, I'm getting it for £6.45 including p&p.

(*In case anyone wonders what I'm talking about

briscaheat

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jan 2005 at 22:46.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1201065)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't believe there are so many mods for this........

mods
Old 14 Jan 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1201100)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crikey, I'm gonna keep an eye out for this too now...
Old 14 Jan 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1201128)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just downloaded the IndyCar mod I full intend to get this...downloading the demo as well...

What year was this released? Oh and Ayse, did you know if was there only one copy when you bought it?
Old 14 Jan 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1201164)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, the poster can supply your needs - I'll find you the Ebay link.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1201165)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
nheatonebay

Ah, hang on a minute, it says 0 available.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jan 2005 at 20:40.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1201169)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry, looks like I may have had the last (or even only) one.......

All the others on Ebay atm seem to be in the States.....

I have to say, I've been trying to find a copy of this for a year or more.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jan 2005 at 20:43.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1201175)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Its supposed to be available from here ukdirt but I can't see anything there. It might be an old link (from Brisca Heat).
Old 14 Jan 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1201232)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here's a good one.....

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na

holy heat mod!
Old 15 Jan 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1201310)   #10
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I played HEAT this is where I got most of the mods. I don't know if all the links are still good though. I recall the BriscaHeat mod being pretty good. The cars were a real handful. The DTM mod was pretty good too.
http://simracingconnection.com/nheat/cars.shtml
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 15 Jan 2005, 02:47 (Ref:1201352)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Down FOrce - wa released in 2000

I've had this for a few years and have a few of the mods, is quite good
Old 15 Jan 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1201476)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Its the sheer variety of mods which I find so attractive....
Old 15 Jan 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1201525)   #13
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the spirit of heat, the old 1920's ish racers is great. tough to get right, as the Heat physics seem to be all or nothing not as smooth as N2K3 or GPL, but what is?
but this really tranlates the VTA-vintage trans am mod so very well, it sounds and looks great and drives a breeze...
http://www.texasspeedracing.com/files.shtml
http://home.earthlink.net/~cruise_ctrl/index.html further down you will see the Spirit of Heat
Old 15 Jan 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1201556)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can't wait for NH to arrive......
Old 17 Jan 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1203202)   #15
spin_doctor
Rookie

spin_doctor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Several sites have both mods for HEAT and Forums. There are several online racing leagues as well.

Texas Speed Racing has road racing mods and a busy forum.
http://www.texasspeedracing.com/

SCORE (Sports Car Online Racing Experience), also caters to HEAT road racers.
http://www.score.does.it/

Blackhole Motorsports (BHMS to most) has a wide range of files and forum commentary devoted to HEAT racing mods.

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/board/

Several sites are on Race Sim Central (currently undergoing repairs after a bad case of Internet Server Flu).

A good list of resources and files can be found on BHMS forum in this thread:
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/board/v...ic.php?t=25825

I have seen copies of HEAT for PC occasionally on AMAZON.com. There are other versions for dedicated platforms like Xbox and the titles can be confusing. The version you need is the original PC version simply called NASCAR HEAT, made by MGI, and distributed by Hasbro in 1999 and 2000. There are a number of upgrade patches you will want to get. Some are available on BHMS and some are found on the various other sites.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1203205)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks a lot for those links Doc. I'm still waiting for the game to arrive (and yes, I was very careful to buy the right one!). I've already downloaded a few mods and patches in anticipation!
Old 17 Jan 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1203257)   #17
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love the ups van mod
Old 18 Jan 2005, 08:24 (Ref:1203558)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I still think a field full of batmobiles really rocks.........
Old 18 Jan 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1203879)   #19
Megahurts
Rookie

Megahurts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know the details, but I understand that the demo can be used in leu of the full game by updating it with the patches. Maybe a faster way for some of you to get in to the action sooner?
While you are searching for it online, also check if any game pak's have it included with other software.. I've seen it bundled in at least 3 game-paks here in the states. GL on the hunting.

While the number of Mods for Heat are plentiful, and more are still being developed, don't forget to check out the number of tracks available also.
I have over 100 tracks installed and know that I don't have them all.
Lucky has most of the road tracks on his site for DL, the links the Doc posted will lead to other sources too.
Lucky's OSRC site

Heats less complicated interface and options makes for no-hassle, fun race events and league play. Plenty of online action going on.

See ya @ the Races. B^)
Old 18 Jan 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1203883)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks very much. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1203959)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeeha! It arrived today when I was at work. Absolutely brand spanking new. Can't wait to try it - but I'll have to - TTFRL race tonight.........
Old 20 Jan 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1205356)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, this is terrific fun!

After an initial hiccup when it didn't seem to want to run on XP - which is resolved by running in Win2000 compatibility mode (thanks to the guys at RSC for that), I had a few laps in the Nascars before installing BRISCA Heat. And what a hoot that is. Easy to use interface and great fun racing.
As it is a sim made over 4 years ago now, it runs like a dream on my pc - even reporting that my pc's specs are "awesome"......

I recommend it if you can get hold of it.

(Time to try some of the other dozens of mods..... )

Last edited by Aysedasi; 20 Jan 2005 at 08:38.
Old 22 Jan 2005, 01:51 (Ref:1206871)   #23
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Isnt Nascar great?
The forums head dirtbag and headhog
Old 22 Jan 2005, 02:48 (Ref:1206878)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmmmm, looks quite good even if it's 4 years old...

I'll take a look around, think I saw it in a 'looow low price' salesbin in the local gamestore earlier this week...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 22 Jan 2005 at 02:48.
Old 22 Jan 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1207039)   #25
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslone
Isnt Nascar great?
Indeed, the games are also very realistic.