Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Aug 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2751567)   #226
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Pescarolo Aston Martins...
Pescarolo Jaguar LMP2?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2751651)   #227
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pescar Williams BMW's?.

With Tom K as lead driver?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2751776)   #228
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LAA Pescarolo Chevy P2.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2754590)   #229
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silly season is in full swing and has come early this year!! But it sure is fun!

DK
Old 5 Sep 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2754650)   #230
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Well, there was an extraordinary rumour circulating at Le Mans this year, but since then I've seen nothing mentioned anywhere in the public domain. Best I keep my mouth firmly shut!

What I will say, however, is that should the rumour prove to be true, there'll be a lot of very surprised people. Details were sketchy and it wasn't clear at the time if a deal had actually been done. But, given the identity of the sources and Henri's confidence in that interview regarding 2011 (together with the promise that he'l be back 'stronger than ever') I do wonder if perhaps things have moved a step closer.

Just have to wait and see............
Come on mate , out with it !!!

Whatever it is , I reckon it wont be with a Pescarolo chassis . That chassis is still a good little chassis , but possibily getting a little long in the tooth .

Maybe a possible works engine deal ..... chassis , couldnt even hazard a guess about that .
Old 5 Sep 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2754652)   #231
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Silly season is in full swing and has come early this year!! But it sure is fun!

DK
Aint it great !!!
Old 11 Sep 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2757815)   #232
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could Henri and AMR join forces!?.
This just accrued to me. Henri has often done miracles with "low end top teams", and AMR is just that!
(This is a copy from the AMR thread, but i thought it to be just as relevant here)
Old 4 Oct 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2769068)   #233
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
If anyone is interested in a more or less turnkey LMP package there's one coming up for sale in the next couple of weeks.

Details, in French, here.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2769126)   #234
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's in this kind of moments you really wish you were a billionaire...

I so much hope it will end in the good hands!
Old 4 Oct 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2769240)   #235
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Henri?
Old 4 Oct 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2769265)   #236
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Henri?
It would be unfortunate for him to have to buy back his own old chassis, but... who knows?
Old 4 Oct 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2769285)   #237
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is item number 1 really 64 trophies that they have one up for sale? My French tells me that is the case, whereas Google Translate's tells me it means they are selling 64 price cuts they've won... It seems so wrong indeed that they would have to auction off the trophies, and I really hope some good person buys them and gives them to their rightful keeper, Henri!
Old 4 Oct 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2769290)   #238
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Yeah, "64 trophies" is what I understood as well.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2769313)   #239
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
It's the trophies indeed.

Item two is basically all the toolboxes, computers and connectics.

items 3,4&5 are the trucks, motor home and a mobil home.

And the main items are two LMP1 chassis, the first (from 2008, chassis n°8) said to be delivred with a "Judd mounting kit". (Obviously it's not the engine, I don't know what to expect exactly -maybe just a fixation kit).
The second one (from 2007, chassis n°1) is delivered with exhausts and gearbox, along with others parts.

Sure what I'd love to do is to buy all that stuff and just give it back to Henri and his team (especially the Trophies. I find it rather obscene that someone would buy those for his own viewing pleasure, wherehas that's the kind of item which only real value is for those who gained it.)
But for that I should first start to play & win national lottery...

Honnestly I'm pretty pessimistic for 2011, I just can't see how any racing program for next year could be decided in november, especially with a rule change meaning you need to bring a new car to be competitive. Only option would be manufacturer support, but I can't see any of the manufacturer in the place being in the need of Henri and his crew. Poor old man will have to sit down and watch for one more year IMO.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2769314)   #240
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would not shock me if a collector bought the trophies to give back to Henri or, at least, to go into the Le Mans museum collection. Unless the buyer is thinking of reselling at some point, it would be only just to have them displayed publicly so everyone can marvel at the legend's accomplishments.

I assume the Judd mounting kit is just that - the chassis is laid out to accept a 5.0L V10 from Engine Developments. Given that the car can't be raced in ACO competition that way anymore, I'm sure it's a heads-up to the buyer that there will be modifications required in the engine bay to fit a motor for anything other than historic competition.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2769322)   #241
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Given that the car can't be raced in ACO competition that way anymore
I'm pretty sure that by putting a current LMP2 engine in it, attaching the honkin' great fin and ballasting the car up to 900kg, one could race the Pescarolo in LMP1 next year, if I understand the regulation change correctly.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2769331)   #242
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Those cars should not be touched in respect to Henri in my opinion.
Some of them hold a lot of value for him.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 23:08 (Ref:2769498)   #243
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
It would not shock me if a collector bought the trophies to give back to Henri or, at least, to go into the Le Mans museum collection. Unless the buyer is thinking of reselling at some point, it would be only just to have them displayed publicly so everyone can marvel at the legend's accomplishments.
I really hope that happens, ten-tenths whip around?
Old 6 Oct 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2770444)   #244
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That link makes for depressing viewing - what a waste
Old 6 Oct 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2770483)   #245
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
That link makes for depressing viewing - what a waste
I didn't find it too depressing, but I guess I see your point.

It's a bit like seeing a ship on the way to the scrapyard - nothing can take away its original elegant lines, and once it's gone you've still got the memories, but there's a certain sadness in the process.

It's a sad end to an era, but reading what Henri has said elsewhere, he seems pretty phlegmatic about it, and is more looking to what the future could potentially hold rather than getting too sad about the lost opportunity of 2010.

Short term maybe best to forget and smile than remember and be sad, that way, in a few years time when someone sees fit to run them in a historic race at Le Mans, we can suddenly revisit how great a contribution Henri has made over the last decade - much like seeing the Rondeau collection at LM this year.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 04:14 (Ref:2770666)   #246
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I'm pretty sure that by putting a current LMP2 engine in it, attaching the honkin' great fin and ballasting the car up to 900kg, one could race the Pescarolo in LMP1 next year, if I understand the regulation change correctly.
I meant that it couldn't be raced with a 5L V10, so the new buyer would certainly have to re-jig the engine bay substantially no matter what class they wanted to race in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I really hope that happens, ten-tenths whip around?
Top notion but I'm a grad student so I'm not flush with trophy-buying coin!
Old 7 Oct 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2770773)   #247
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
Just read in french magazine autohebdo another detail of the sale, which didn't appear in EI's article.

The auction actually contains another item, which is no more or less than the datas from the 2011 LMP1 studies.

On one hand, I feel this might not be as great as it seems, because the team was virtually ruined already so the 2011 project certainly didn't have lots of cash injected in it, but on the other hand, I can't remember Pescarolo ever building a bad car either.

Although probably those 2011 studies must consist in a few wintunnel hours with the honking fin grafted. Hopefully a bit more than that...

Anyway it's not going in the good direction, because it means that even if Henri was coming back next year, it would be without all the IP from last years, current, and even futur Pescarolo cars.
The only think I'm thinking now as a good move, would be that Jacques Nicolet buys all the auction stuff. Oak having already bought IP of 2010 car (I may be wrong on this) and developing it for 2011 LMP2, they could actually become the new Pescarolo entity. Then they could continue their LMP2 challange with Mazda France backing, while letting the LMP1 effort in Henri's hand.

OK, this is utopist, and nothing makes me think Oak has the funds for that, but it's nice to dream isn't it?
Old 15 Oct 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2775274)   #248
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
auction today....
http://www.interencheres.com/ventes_...e=201010150024
Old 15 Oct 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2775384)   #249
Robbo28
Rookie

Robbo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dodgy translation:

Sold at auction following the bankruptcy of the team, Pescarolo Sport equipment might be scattered to the four winds. It will not happen!

This afternoon, two passionate and gentlemen Nicolet River relied on expertise of Hervé Poulain - the famous Paris-auctioneer to buy all seven lots for 400,000 €. This issue has been strongly welcomed by applause from the audience. The buyers intend to make such property available for Henri Pescarolo, who could then resume his sports activities!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 15:35 (Ref:2775411)   #250
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo28 View Post
Dodgy translation:

Sold at auction following the bankruptcy of the team, Pescarolo Sport equipment might be scattered to the four winds. It will not happen!

This afternoon, two passionate and gentlemen Nicolet River relied on expertise of Hervé Poulain - the famous Paris-auctioneer to buy all seven lots for 400,000 €. This issue has been strongly welcomed by applause from the audience. The buyers intend to make such property available for Henri Pescarolo, who could then resume his sports activities!
Interesting....

Herve Poulain? Presumably that's the Herve Poulain who was involved with the BMW Art Cars at Le Mans in the 70's?