Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 8 Feb 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2828036)   #26
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys for the thumbs up. January has been busy so I didn't make it round to design 4 in that month. February will be short like every year so maybe 3 will be something to aim for.

Here is the first one. When I started out with it, I was having something fast in mind, but it turned out a little differently. Slow corners kept coming. And then suddenly, I found some room on the drawing sheet, enabling the possibility for a crossover. This track is totally improvised. I hope it doesn't show too much. But feel free to edit out the rough spots. Thanks.

The circuit is located in a hilly region with woods, runs anticlockwise, is somewhere around 6.2 kilometers long and includes elevation differences of around 30 metres.
Attached Thumbnails
4inamonthFebruary1.JPG  
Old 8 Feb 2011, 22:53 (Ref:2828098)   #27
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At first sigth it looks good. I guess it's a pretty fast one, but the technical parts are just as awesome - especially the oneafter the tunnel. BTW, is it a tunnel under the track, or a bridge over it?

One more question: why did you opt for placing the paddocks and pitlane on the outside? There seems to be enough place inside and then there would be no need of a tunnel for the pitlane exit.

Still, thumbs up from me.

bio
Old 12 Feb 2011, 07:15 (Ref:2829969)   #28
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
So a long track mixture of a forested supertrack, a mixture of Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio and Elkhart Lake. I like it a lot. I don't mind the outside pits....
you can put the spectator areas on the inside and that actually contains a lot of things.

Its very fast coming off the bridge/flyover back to running underneath but thats not a problem at all.
All in all I like it. some fastr challenging corners, getting away from the stop- start attempts to create passing places.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 02:05 (Ref:2832468)   #29
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see it very "american" too, seems like a natural circuit in a really big place, I can't quite imagine the vehicle dynamics but there are plenty of different places to find out..
Old 17 Feb 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2832899)   #30
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure just how good I think the racing would be.

What I will say is that on first sight, some of the shapes reminded me of the Hong Kong street circuit from Gran Turismo 4.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2867437)   #31
Yannick
Veteran

It's been a while since posting my previous track. And it will be a while until the next. So for the time being, here is another circuit of 5.8 kilometers in length and running anticlockwise for you.

This one was improvised a minute ago but it fits the design philosophy I had when I started out designing tracks: back then, I was inspired by the old Silverstone, Österreichring, Monza and Montreal's Île de Notre Dame, well, basically because I did not know many others. So there always had to be long straights and at least one big radius corner going round 180 degrees to drive through in 4th gear. A hairpin is optional. Some 90 degree corners, too. Anything else is used to set the circuit apart from its colleagues on the calendar.

I hope you enjoy this one, because I might have to retire from this board for a while because of time constraints having to do with work.
Attached Thumbnails
goodsketch01jpg.JPG  
Old 24 Apr 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2868899)   #32
Yannick
Veteran

Despite not having received any replies on the previous track, here is my 2nd in short succession, which is a surprise to myself even.

I have no idea if I should run it anticlockwise or mirror the picture and run it clockwise. What would you prefer for this 4.8 kilometer long road circuit?
Attached Thumbnails
goodsketch02_mirrored.JPG