Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 May 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3733331)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only taking the one car and that's going with is toolboxes etc. [Off topic] I need to talk to you about the adaptors you made for the 360 fuel churns
Old 14 May 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3733364)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Only taking the one car and that's going with is toolboxes etc. [Off topic] I need to talk to you about the adaptors you made for the 360 fuel churns
Sure I'll find you at some point Peter! Presume the touring cars in endurance boxes?

Old 14 May 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3733378)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No we have the MGB in the three hours. Don't know where we are located at present.
Old 14 May 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3733389)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
No we have the MGB in the three hours. Don't know where we are located at present.
Of course- getting confused with the meeting next w/end!
Old 14 May 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3733468)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
I have a truck going and space for 2 cars if anyone is interested in getting their car taken out there, max height of cars can be 1200mm. Truck will be leaving Oxfordshire (15min from deltas workshop) early Wednesday morning

Drop me an email if interested peter(at)spy-motorsport.co.uk
Sounds interesting email sent
Old 14 May 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3733524)   #56
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
according to information received you should be somewhere in GP garages 3 to 22
Old 15 May 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3733563)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks David.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3738113)   #58
TheMakipaa
Rookie

Finland
London
TheMakipaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey everyone! New here so don't hesitate to let me know if I am doing anything wrong but I will do my best to follow the rules. :-) We'll be at Spa in June, racing a Mazda RX7 in the Ardennes Challenge and a '65 Mustang in the 3 Hours. High hopes that we can get at least an hour out of the pony...

Had a question about the live timing at the pit wall; 3 hours is a long time to be running the ris-timing website off my phone in order to give some sort of credible info on the pit board. I think it's possible to plug in a screen at one of the sockets at the wall but not really sure what most folks do. Any tips?

Gonna be a busy wall by the looks of the entry list; especially in the Ardennes Challenge....

Thanks!
Old 2 Jun 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3738115)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome to the Forum.

Although we don't use one, I know folks do have screens plugged into the garage sockets.

We're in the 3hrs with an MGB No. 36. Come and say hi.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 12:39 (Ref:3738119)   #60
TheMakipaa
Rookie

Finland
London
Hey Peter and thank you! Good to be here!

Seen the screens at garages but need to have something on the wall so I don't have to be running back and forth; my demanding drivers like their regular updates (and I guess it will keep me warm).

Look forward to seeing you there; we're with the #99 Mustang
Old 2 Jun 2017, 13:32 (Ref:3738130)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
To get timing- You can plug a TV into the pitwall sockets using co-ax, but need to have a kit of male / female adaptors in case! Power by usual conti 2 pin. Haven't used it this year but used to be a bit 'well used' and 'flaky'...... Maybe they've improved it now.

Good news for any in endurance pit lane is that it was all re surfaced during the winter! Definitely need a wheel chock now......

Oh, and at night only entrance you can re-enter by is STER gate. Last month, even though Blanchimont was manned at 10pm and we had all the correct passes, we were refused entry and had to drive round to Ster.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3738141)   #62
TheMakipaa
Rookie

Finland
London
Thanks Mike; need to really look into getting something small and portable (no tent or elaborate set-up for us).

Speaking of wheel chocks; we should really get into the habit of using those. We were testing at Silverstone a few weeks back and left the Mazda parked up on the slight slope outside the garages and went for lunch. Came back a while later and the car was gone! Had rolled into the truck behind it, luckily minimum damage and the guys whose truck it was were very very good about it (love people in motor racing!). Whole situation could have been a heck of a lot worse (really doesn't bear thinking about).. The handbrake had failed and it was the ONLY time ever that the driver hadn't left it in gear... So wheel chocks - yes - those!

Ster gate should work for us though I suspect that we will get to the paddocks early o'clock and only leave very darn late every day. Friday especially is ridiculously busy. But then, there are worse places to spend time than the paddocks at Spa!
Old 2 Jun 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3738145)   #63
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMakipaa View Post
Hey everyone! New here so don't hesitate to let me know if I am doing anything wrong but I will do my best to follow the rules. :-) We'll be at Spa in June, racing a Mazda RX7 in the Ardennes Challenge and a '65 Mustang in the 3 Hours. High hopes that we can get at least an hour out of the pony...

Had a question about the live timing at the pit wall; 3 hours is a long time to be running the ris-timing website off my phone in order to give some sort of credible info on the pit board. I think it's possible to plug in a screen at one of the sockets at the wall but not really sure what most folks do. Any tips?

Gonna be a busy wall by the looks of the entry list; especially in the Ardennes Challenge....

Thanks!
We used to plug a portable flatscreen TV into one of the pit wall sockets - if you can find one that works. There are points in the pit garage as well.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 05:46 (Ref:3745073)   #64
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're off to Spa again!

Looking good for a super Spa Summer Classic meeting this coming weekend, almost all races have full capacity grids and weather forecast is quite promising. Hard to believe that we have been attending this meeting as an organised group since 2003.

Crosslé Racing Drivers’ Club will bring a total of nine cars this year, seven Crosslé 9S Sports racers from UK, Ireland and Switzerland, and two guest cars from Switzerland also. Numbers are down a little, but that will not detract from our enjoyment of this great race meeting. Drivers are very keen and some have had secret testing at Silverstone recently!

We are in the Endurance boxes, 24 to 29 inclusive., please pop along and visit us.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 06:31 (Ref:3745942)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I hear some tenthers are already on the way. Weather suggest showers poss later today, then dry and sensible temps for rest of weekend. Hope you all enjoy some fun and safe racing, and please raise a glass or two to Barry S-S!
Old 22 Jun 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3745943)   #66
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just at tunnel . Bit of a hold up but hey ho got loads of time . Push bike with me so hoping to get some mikes in later . The fruit cake was spotted by Delta crew back at base . Now all gone . Please tell Angela it was very very nice .
Old 22 Jun 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3745958)   #67
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think MG David is already there.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jun 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3746105)   #68
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just biked up to Stavelot for beer and pizza. Should have spare time tomorrow to catch up with all tenthers out in Spa . Stand by😀
Old 22 Jun 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3746140)   #69
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whete are you parked Iain?
I think I have a free day Saturday.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 06:13 (Ref:3746184)   #70
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
GP garage no 14 Tel. Just. Ack from Quassons run . Issued MG David quoting. Bon appetite 😀
Old 23 Jun 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3746192)   #71
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Is that a coded message, or were you eating and typing at the same time.....

Will be interested to hear from tenthers how scrutineering goes this year. There were some issues at Spring Classic.....
Old 23 Jun 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3746221)   #72
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Will be interested to hear from tenthers how scrutineering goes this year. There were some issues at Spring Classic.....
...understatement!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 24 Jun 2017, 04:59 (Ref:3746357)   #73
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
GP garage no 14 Tel. Just. Ack from Quassons run . Issued MG David quoting. Bon appetite 😀
Thanks Iain,looking unlikely Ill be coming now,have a last minute Autobahn Run booking for 10:00 (Merc GTR) difficult to resist😁
Working tomorrow on TF so yet another busy w/end!
Anyhow have a great weekend ,good safe fun.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3746497)   #74
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
It seems that several MG B did very well during the race. Lambert/ Delta, Mooney/ Race/ Small and Loader/ Chambers were close to each other at least during 2,5 hours, the last crew slowing down (unknown reason). For a while, Lambert/ Delta were 15th overall (they were #54 during qually, so old tea bag plus red water could be THE new energy drink), they seem to finish 20 and Mooney/ Race/ Small 21 overall. Lambert/ Delta are first MG B. Best lap time Lambert/ Delta 3'14"891, Mooney and friends 3'13"707. Simon H had a dnf.
Is that correct?
Old 24 Jun 2017, 22:32 (Ref:3746542)   #75
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Is that a coded message, or were you eating and typing at the same time.....

Scrutineering was shambolic; was told it would be in pitboxes on Fri afternoon but no-one from RACB turned up. CSCC's Mike Harris worked until after 7.30 doing as many extras as possible. Local scrutes turned up on Sat morning, looked at kit and seat and issued sticker, never even opened bonnet!