Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 5 Nov 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2982029)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Selby Circuit - My new rFactor track (with download)

Hi all!

Been a while..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F1N6ABP9

Here's my new track created in BTB for rFactor.

'Length: 3.1km
Direction: CW
Suitible for: Touring Cars, lower spec Single Seaters

This is a WIP, about 80% complete. A British track hugely inspired by Brands Hatch and Cadwell Park. This is a twisty, tricky circuit. Expect to do 1.10's in touring cars. Final corner is a huge sudden drop that catapults drivers back on to the start-finish straight. KNOWN ISSUES: *Pit lane is a little tight and will be lengthened. *A couple of cameras for replays need changing slightly earlier. *Some inside corner terrain can be a bit bumpy, and will be smoothened. Have fun!'

Would love to hear some thoughts!

Cheers,

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
Selby Circuit 1.jpg   Selby Circuit 2.jpg   Untitled-3.jpg  

Untitled-4.jpg   Untitled-5.jpg  
Old 5 Nov 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2982043)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very impressive detail, though as not an rFactor-ist I can only comment on what I can see here.

I have to say that even at just under 2 miles there are a lot of large radius corner, with very little in the way of overtaking places.
Touring cars might be able to "rub past" but I doubt single seaters would.

The pit lane as you say needs work.

The elevation changes are an interesting feature, though without seeing then in action make if difficult to comment on.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 22:24 (Ref:2982086)   #3
Vepe
Rookie

Finland
Vepe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks pretty nice can´t wait to try it out...

but I can´t download it. It says 'file not in use' or something like that.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2982215)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Very impressive detail, though as not an rFactor-ist I can only comment on what I can see here.

I have to say that even at just under 2 miles there are a lot of large radius corner, with very little in the way of overtaking places.
Touring cars might be able to "rub past" but I doubt single seaters would.

The pit lane as you say needs work.

The elevation changes are an interesting feature, though without seeing then in action make if difficult to comment on.
I can totally see your point on the overtaking front, but the way it tends to work during races is that T1 is a great overtaking spot. It's full of elevation (down going in to it, then rises up at the apex, then gradually falls away again, with a tiny bit of positive banking in the middle). Racers tend to exchange positions/go side-by-side through T2-3, then take a lunge down the inside of the huge drop of T4.

And the final turn being a strange/tricky as it is can lead to some side-by-side action down the straight.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

I'm working on fixing the link now. Have no idea why it refused it?! Uploading to Mediafire instead

Selby
Old 6 Nov 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2982233)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
New download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3nrir8xvm4ys5c5

Selby
Old 9 Nov 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2983341)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
This looks very good.

BTW, you should have my reply in your PM box.

It looks like you can build up landscapes in BTB. Is this so? And, is BTB, PC-specific, or can it be run on a Mac?
Old 9 Nov 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2983471)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I'm afraid not mate. I wish it was like that. I'd love to have a landscape to work with, but instead it's all built around the track, one of the biggest downfalls of BTB, unfortuantely!

Dan
Old 9 Nov 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2983472)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
And i'm sure there's a Mac edition!

Dan
Old 10 Nov 2011, 02:18 (Ref:2983797)   #9
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, preliminary Google results for a Mac version of BTB aren't looking too promising.

I'll probably just have another stab at building a contour map in SketchUp onto which I can place the plate with the track on it, though building terrain from scratch, assuming I can manage it, will be something of a nightmare.

I wonder if the guys who make the video games have to build up their own software to construct their tracks (along with everything else), or if there's a good, base program they start with in some cases.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 03:36 (Ref:2983818)   #10
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man I wish I had rFactor
Old 10 Nov 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2984066)   #11
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I wonder if the guys who make the video games have to build up their own software to construct their tracks (along with everything else), or if there's a good, base program they start with in some cases.
Alas, having looked into this myself, it's mostly from scratch, using things like 3DSMax.