Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 24 Sep 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3576624)   #101
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who usually brings the grill? I can bring some charcoal if need be
Old 24 Sep 2015, 14:39 (Ref:3576652)   #102
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Who usually brings the grill? I can bring some charcoal if need be
I think Bacon does.

I still have lighter fluid and charcoal from either the Mitty or PLM in the shed.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3576666)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I think Bacon does.

I still have lighter fluid and charcoal from either the Mitty or PLM in the shed.
And i have a bag plus left from mitty myself. I'll bring some eggs and between us we'll enough stuff to make a couple breakfasts. Grands seem to cook better in the oven than the smaller ones, I'm not so fancy I'll make biscuits from scratch at the track.

Passed a couple IMSA and Conti team haulers going north on 85 on my way to auburn on Monday, finally feels like it's close to vacation time again.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3576670)   #104
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Think Tony brought his fryer last year. I'd buy one but running out of space in truck quickly and second canopy for the fence might take precedence. I will have the stove oven for biscuits and cinn rolls for breakfast and the Dutch oven for desserts and maybe an egg bake breakfast one morning.

Does a hat that should be burned and tequila that was consumed but won't be bought anymore count? Ed went and left so screw him and his tequila.
Provides me with warm feelings about my former homeland. Let me know if you need a Dutch sous-chef!

Looks like I'll be on turn station 3 for one of the test/practice days (probably Tue and/or Wed, maybe on Thu.) Most likely at T1 for Fri + Sat (so not too far out). Should be able to come by and snatch some delicious tasters!

O, and it sounds like a Ford rep. was reading our comments too! (an unclassified run for a fancy test session would have been better but I'm thrilled to see the car live on track nevertheless, hope it happens!)

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...t-le-mans.html
Old 24 Sep 2015, 15:48 (Ref:3576673)   #105
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Passed a couple IMSA and Conti team haulers going north on 85 on my way to auburn on Monday, finally feels like it's close to vacation time again.
Cars have been buzzing around the track the last couple of days. I haven't had a chance to get over and see who's running.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 17:18 (Ref:3576696)   #106
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
O, and it sounds like a Ford rep. was reading our comments too! (an unclassified run for a fancy test session would have been better but I'm thrilled to see the car live on track nevertheless, hope it happens!)

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...t-le-mans.html
I was hoping that would at least have a show car there, but having it tool around the track will be even better!
Old 24 Sep 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3576782)   #107
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I was hoping that would at least have a show car there, but having it tool around the track will be even better!
Yup. Will be nice to see it in person but better to see it next year driven in anger.

I'll take what I can get.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 02:25 (Ref:3576843)   #108
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have no idea what Andrew is doing. We don't have his email.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 02:57 (Ref:3576852)   #109
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I think Bacon does.

So I should have followed up with, is Bacon coming?

I have a small little grill I'll bring for backup just in case, but the old Weber doesn't travel well inside my car.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 03:15 (Ref:3576856)   #110
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

I have a small little grill I'll bring for backup just in case, but the old Weber doesn't travel well inside my car.
Bacon's coming...I'll check on the grill.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3576924)   #111
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Grill confirmed. Pack the little guy if you wanna.

Less than a week away!
Old 25 Sep 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3576983)   #112
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I have no idea what Andrew is doing. We don't have his email.
Please continue to ignore my dumbass.

Quote:

I have a small Weber that I will bring. Don't tote yours across the country Joe.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3576984)   #113
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Grill confirmed. Pack the little guy if you wanna.

Less than a week away!
Beer? Camper is closing on Sunday.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 16:25 (Ref:3577011)   #114
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Beer? Camper is closing on Sunday.
I'll get you a list.
Old 26 Sep 2015, 12:18 (Ref:3577168)   #115
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No jinx, but the weather trend is really looking good.
Friday, after getting a few autographs, I will watch the rest of the
Conti slugfest at T4 on the fence. Hopefully some of you
will be around there. If you do the "save the area next to the fence"
thing with rope or tape, save me a spot within. I will gladly
pay for that with a cigar , beer or both!

My soul is really missing the P1's but there are a few tight
points battles that will make the Petit interesting ...... enough.
Old 26 Sep 2015, 13:41 (Ref:3577176)   #116
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I'll get you a list.
Due to the inclement weather, which I'm sure you're painfully aware of, my shopping is going to be done today. Guinness? High Life? Wine Coolers?
Old 26 Sep 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3577177)   #117
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post

There is usually a canopy placed trackside. You don't owe us a dadgum thing, there will be a spot for you.
Old 26 Sep 2015, 13:56 (Ref:3577178)   #118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Due to the inclement weather, which I'm sure you're painfully aware of, my shopping is going to be done today. Guinness? High Life? Wine Coolers?
Yuengling and high life please. Coors Light alternate.
Old 26 Sep 2015, 14:07 (Ref:3577180)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post

I'm camping in the soup this weekend so would prefer NOT doing that two weekends in a row.

We'll look for you at T4 for Conti. Can't wait.
Old 26 Sep 2015, 15:34 (Ref:3577195)   #120
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Google sent me a link to what I wa[IMG][/IMG]s doing this weekend 6 years ago, and this was one of the pictures:

Pretty sure that is the wrong line through turn 1.
Old 26 Sep 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3577267)   #121
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Google sent me a link to what I wa[IMG][/IMG]s doing this weekend 6 years ago, and this was one of the pictures:

Pretty sure that is the wrong line through turn 1.

oh look it's raining.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 02:06 (Ref:3577301)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glad i skipped the scout trip this weekend myself, been raining off and on all day here. Especially with the forecast for Tues and Wed now. Got my two bales of straw this afternoon so I'm at least starting to get ready. Think it's time to get the gear down and checked through tomorrow. Might get a slant leg popup for the fence, academy has theirs on sale so we can retire Jeremy's mostly duct tape and tie wrap special finally. I'll bring my fire bowl and a tote of wood as well.

Where do we want me to stake out space? I'm going to shoot for the usual area but do we want the roadside or back toward the middle more? Going to search out the neighbors to help hold the area since they usually get in line Monday and the A-liner guy is probably already in line or just down the street waiting.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 02:44 (Ref:3577306)   #123
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I think the usual spot is good. If we migrated slightly towards the tree in the direction of the track that would be good too.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3577472)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Glad i skipped the scout trip this weekend myself, been raining off and on all day here. Especially with the forecast for Tues and Wed now. Got my two bales of straw this afternoon so I'm at least starting to get ready. Think it's time to get the gear down and checked through tomorrow. Might get a slant leg popup for the fence, academy has theirs on sale so we can retire Jeremy's mostly duct tape and tie wrap special finally. I'll bring my fire bowl and a tote of wood as well.

Where do we want me to stake out space? I'm going to shoot for the usual area but do we want the roadside or back toward the middle more? Going to search out the neighbors to help hold the area since they usually get in line Monday and the A-liner guy is probably already in line or just down the street waiting.
I'm bringing the old pop up, one more time.

Hay will be required even if no more rain this week. Soup fest at Scoutland and last I looked, it's sticking around for at least the early part of this week.

Usual spot is good. I'll take road side if available. You're the man Andrew! There was some dutch oven cooking this weekend to rival yours, no offense but just saying you better bring your A game.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 17:44 (Ref:3577513)   #125
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Just did some grocery shopping, not sure if I have enough beer. Might need to go back out.