Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 May 2016, 03:07 (Ref:3640765)   #251
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Volvo (or one of their arms) will still be racing here next year, just not with GRM.
What makes you suggest that?
Old 11 May 2016, 03:12 (Ref:3640766)   #252
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
im just gonna run with this wildly cos why not
Old 11 May 2016, 03:15 (Ref:3640767)   #253
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothing is impossible but also nothing in the comments from Volvo or Volvo Australia seem to have left any room for this possibility.
Old 11 May 2016, 03:18 (Ref:3640768)   #254
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not confirmed, but that's the rumour I'm hearing from inside the team being courted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2016, 03:18 (Ref:3640769)   #255
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There may be an open door Story Here with what's left unsaid..

Quote:
Originally Posted by the article
“However, Volvo Car Group’s performance brand Polestar is our assignor in motorsport and decisions from this group sets the precedent for our agenda and this means that we will cease the activities with Garry Rogers Motorsport in the V8 Supercars after 2016 and bring back our engines and race cars to Sweden after the season end.”
Says GRM, not V8SC
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 May 2016, 06:29 (Ref:3640791)   #256
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There may be an open door Story Here with what's left unsaid..

Says GRM, not V8SC

Kind of makes a bit of sense considering the talk of Scott ending up at WP and his very recent trip to Sweden.

If they were looking to pull the pin like they have why would they get him over there? Something just doesn't add up.......
Old 11 May 2016, 08:20 (Ref:3640806)   #257
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!

Damn....I'm going to burn all my ABBA tapes......

Well except the one with Agnetha in hot pants on the cover.
Old 11 May 2016, 09:00 (Ref:3640813)   #258
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
Kind of makes a bit of sense considering the talk of Scott ending up at WP and his very recent trip to Sweden.

If they were looking to pull the pin like they have why would they get him over there? Something just doesn't add up.......
How odd might it be for WP to run GRM-design & built chassis..
Old 12 May 2016, 04:08 (Ref:3641034)   #259
velly4
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
How odd might it be for WP to run GRM-design & built chassis..
Never said anything about WP to run GRM chassis.
The post a couple up from yours I quoted said that Volvo would be with another team next year.
Old 12 May 2016, 04:32 (Ref:3641035)   #260
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know what Velly4, if another team runs Volvo in Supercars next year then I would be more than surprised.

I'll give you lots of credit for the snooping around, but geez it's a big call.
Old 12 May 2016, 04:40 (Ref:3641037)   #261
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
You know what Velly4, if another team runs Volvo in Supercars next year then I would be more than surprised.

I'll give you lots of credit for the snooping around, but geez it's a big call.
Agreed

Would be a lot of negativity about it, Would not be a good marketing call
Old 12 May 2016, 05:58 (Ref:3641048)   #262
velly4
Racer

Australia
I never said it. Someone else claiming inside knowledge.

Doesn't others find how it odd how it all panned out?
Old 12 May 2016, 06:34 (Ref:3641053)   #263
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
Doesn't others find how it odd how it all panned out?
I don't really, if head office says jump, the local offiice says how high. Sometimes it is just business.

Volvo/Polestar funded the development and own the engines, so the rest is not that surprising.
Old 12 May 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3641127)   #264
velly4
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I don't really, if head office says jump, the local offiice says how high. Sometimes it is just business.

Volvo/Polestar funded the development and own the engines, so the rest is not that surprising.
That part is a no brainer. The part I'm talking about is taking Scotty over there to do a race and all the promo BS that went with it.

If they were intending on pulling the rug out from under them why do all that still?

I guess all I'm saying is I think there has been a big backflip at some point catching quite a few unaware.
Old 13 May 2016, 11:25 (Ref:3641333)   #265
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Volvo Oz was trying to convince the parent company it was still a good idea and they had the talent to keep racing at the front which is true enough in spite of already having been told the plug had been pulled. Let's go to Sweden and convince them in person style of thing.
Old 14 May 2016, 02:16 (Ref:3641495)   #266
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon that's exactly what happened. VCA are all for it, and are seeing the returns on their investment. However, Sweden thinks it's working against their image.

Kinda strange when plenty of brands over the years have crowed about invigorating their image with a dabble in motorsport, to keep the passion alive.
Old 16 May 2016, 02:20 (Ref:3641978)   #267
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I reckon that's exactly what happened. VCA are all for it, and are seeing the returns on their investment. However, Sweden thinks it's working against their image.
Yes, Sweden think that with their turbo charged unit in the WTCC and STCC showing they're environmentally sound and in touch with the greenies, having Garry and his band of merry men running around with a 5l V8, just doesn't cut it....
Old 16 May 2016, 04:32 (Ref:3641990)   #268
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
STCC cars run a naturally aspirated V6.
Old 16 May 2016, 08:37 (Ref:3642024)   #269
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do believe it's not a Volvo V6 either.
Old 16 May 2016, 08:52 (Ref:3642032)   #270
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

It's a Nissan/Nissan derived donk from what I know
Old 16 May 2016, 11:01 (Ref:3642070)   #271
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's a Nissan 3.5L V6 with around 420 bhp.
Old 17 May 2016, 02:31 (Ref:3642307)   #272
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Neither is the V8, it a Yamaha designed unit....

Do they actually do anything, other than the V5 motor they created?? When owned by Ford, most of the parts I'm told came from the Ford parts bin....

Oh shoot!!! I think I've worked out the backflip, they've still got dead bodies from the Ford ownership days hanging around.... explains everything....
Old 17 May 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3642388)   #273
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Neither is the V8, it a Yamaha designed unit....

Do they actually do anything, other than the V5 motor they created?? When owned by Ford, most of the parts I'm told came from the Ford parts bin....

Oh shoot!!! I think I've worked out the backflip, they've still got dead bodies from the Ford ownership days hanging around.... explains everything....
Yamaha designed unit that was used in Volvo road cars, the XC90 and S80.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 07:17 (Ref:3671807)   #274
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Cheese

GRM Goes Legal On Volvo HO

Old 12 Sep 2016, 07:21 (Ref:3671809)   #275
Mixer
Veteran

Oh boy. What court do you even serve it in, who has juristiction?

Unless there is a binding contract for 2017 I can't see this going anywhere...

It is not a good look.