Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Nov 2014, 16:09 (Ref:3480284)   #1
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What should I do during the week next year?

I'm starting plans early for next year. Especially with me camping I just want to try and compile all of your suggestions.

Last year I mainly stayed at the track and only did the museum?

So just to tell you that I'm staying in AA EPINETTES for the full week from the Sunday before till the Sunday after. So I have a week to spend with what I want to do.

So if you have any suggestions on what I should do? Like places I should visit or Restaurants? What should I do when I'm at the track both when I'm watching the racing and in the evening?

Thank you to everyone.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3480307)   #2
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To start, read this forum, there are numerous tips on what to do during the week. Once you made up your week plans you will notice you can't do all the things you want to. For that you need many many years. It all depends on your interest. Good luck choosing.
My week looks like this:
Sunday arriving in the centre of LM for scruteneering, in the evening putting up my tent at HA. Monday scruteneering visiting the old town of LM, Tuesday museum, wandering arround the circuit, checking my GSseat and autograph session in the pit. Wednesday a little rest in the morning, probably lunch in Sarthre sur le Loire and at 16.00 practice. Thursday wander arround the shops at the curcuit (not all are open yet) waiting for my friends to arrive at the campsite and practice/qualifying. Friday is for the Classic Brittisch welcome, Pistonhead meet, mad friday (your very close to the action on Epinettes). AND the driversparade in town. On saturday the TenTenths meet is a must do, after that I think there is a race going on.
Good luck choosing.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3480309)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well you will be able to do scruttinering on sunday and monday which is always fun and then Tuesday you can meet the drivers at the circuit signing session, also you should be able to meet a few of the tenthers for drinks/food as many of us should be around. Wednesday and thursday you can visit a few places around the circuit and head to mulsanne/arnarge for qualy in the afternoon/ evening. Friday is st saturin classic british welcome an absolute must if you like cars. so overall plenty to do.
And there are concerts on wednesday and thursday at the circuit
Old 30 Nov 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3480313)   #4
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One question from me : is the pit lane open for spectators in days like tuesday and friday to be able to have a walk and have a look at the cars like you can have on friday and saturday before the test day?
Old 30 Nov 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3480317)   #5
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
One question from me : is the pit lane open for spectators in days like tuesday and friday to be able to have a walk and have a look at the cars like you can have on friday and saturday before the test day?
Yep, tuesday from 17.00 - 19.00 autograph session and on friday from 10.00 - 19.00 if I'm correct.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3480321)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So plenty to do and in the next 6 months there will i am sure be plenty of other things arranged on here
Old 2 Dec 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3481031)   #7
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's something with cheese on Saturday.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 15:24 (Ref:3481083)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
There's something with cheese on Saturday.
That is a given fact, the cheese festival will be on and as always there will be plenty of support events including a 24 hour motor race
Old 2 Dec 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3481130)   #9
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
That is a given fact, the cheese festival will be on and as always there will be plenty of support events including a 24 hour motor race
Nice, LM24 as a support race, indeed there are plenty things to do. I know for a fact some attend but never see the race.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3481159)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Nice, LM24 as a support race, indeed there are plenty things to do. I know for a fact some attend but never see the race.
I know that in days gone past the party brigade usually had members would had little or no interest in the cars they were just there for the party
Old 3 Dec 2014, 00:33 (Ref:3481281)   #11
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I know that in days gone past the party brigade usually had members would had little or no interest in the cars they were just there for the party
So far, I've managed to party and see the race.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3481513)   #12
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
So far, I've managed to party and see the race.
That's because you're young enough
Old 4 Dec 2014, 06:59 (Ref:3481721)   #13
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That seems to be at least 50% of the attendees at Sebring!
Old 4 Dec 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3481862)   #14
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The first year or two I went (2005/6) I would say I was pretty much drunk all weekend, although I did see lots of racing. Not knocking anyone for it who does want to do it, but I prefer a nice mix and slightly more sedentary pace on the drinking these days!

(apart from Sunday night when it would just be rude to take any beer/wine home in the car, need to make space for shopping...)
Old 11 Dec 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3484020)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
The first year or two I went (2005/6) I would say I was pretty much drunk all weekend, although I did see lots of racing. Not knocking anyone for it who does want to do it, but I prefer a nice mix and slightly more sedentary pace on the drinking these days!

(apart from Sunday night when it would just be rude to take any beer/wine home in the car, need to make space for shopping...)
As long as you don't set off too early in the morning.......