Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3086198)   #176
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Disaster! I forget to collect our ice machine from my parent's garage this weekend when I was visiting. It's a 100 miles away so not worth making a special trip just to pick it up before next week.

I'll have to pre-make extra ice this week. (ziplock bags full of tap water)
Old 6 Jun 2012, 12:37 (Ref:3086216)   #177
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i'm bringing one of these :
GAH, the alternator has crapped out on it D: touch wood it'll be fixed in time for the pilgrimage or we'll be bunking up in chateau kangoo instead :/ i don't think my street cred could take that kind of a hit...

has anyone got any recommendations for 2 nights worth of flames? being a pair of girls, setting stuff on fire isn't our strongest point as well we're looking for something to make cheese on toast and bacon butties on - a couple of years ago we made do with disposable bbqs but those were a bit ghetto. are there any uk based supermarkets with a good deal on a flimsy bbq we can bin at the end of the weekend?
Old 6 Jun 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3086256)   #178
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For a flimsey BBQ head to the Carrefour in LM
Old 6 Jun 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3086258)   #179
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Something new for this year will be a digital print of our campsite ticket and grandstand tickets! !!!
Old 6 Jun 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3086261)   #180
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
For a flimsey BBQ head to the Carrefour in LM
Yep plenty of flimsy BBQ stuff at Carrefour. All we wanted was a few disposables but I think that was the only thing they didn't stock there. Apart from Marmite.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3086395)   #181
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
we always buy a cheap caste iron one usually about 14 euro's they do the job and we then have a nice roaring fire in the evening courtesy of the wood around the campsite and fir cones that always litter the ground when we arrive, we collect then in a bin bag and they last most of the week, next day tip the ash out and it is a BBQ again. never brought one home
Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3086433)   #182
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yep plenty of flimsy BBQ stuff at Carrefour. All we wanted was a few disposables but I think that was the only thing they didn't stock there. Apart from Marmite.

No Marmite!!!!!?????

Old 7 Jun 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3087007)   #183
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
they probably had it but put it with meat stock rather than spreads those french are not like us brits
Old 9 Jun 2012, 22:20 (Ref:3088246)   #184
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A handpresso which can only explained as a way of making exprsso coffee with a pump for a bike...

the coffee is great

Old 9 Jun 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3088250)   #185
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
A handpresso which can only explained as a way of making exprsso coffee with a pump for a bike...

the coffee is great

One of these has been on our list for a while, and hasn't made it, so for this year we're sticking with integrated cafetierre mugs - which if nothing else make a decent sized cup and are hugely appreciated come Sunday morning.

New purchases arrived this morning are some slightly enhanced ear defenders, which hopefully will look a little less like I've just walked out of a B&Q.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3088251)   #186
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
they probably had it but put it with meat stock rather than spreads those french are not like us brits
As tomato ketchup is generally stocked in the "ethnic food" aisle I suspect anything is possible.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3088270)   #187
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember walking about Carrefour one year and hearing a very English accent shout "Where the hell can I get some tea bags in this damn country?"
Old 10 Jun 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3088323)   #188
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In the big carrefore there is a massive section of tea bags, however most are not what usually passes as tea in the UK, herbal and flavoured tea's are in abundance and ordinary tea much harder to find
Old 10 Jun 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3088550)   #189
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BYO
Old 10 Jun 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3088620)   #190
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
BYO
I have!
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:50 (Ref:3088700)   #191
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have!
You silly silly englishmen and your tea!
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:50 (Ref:3088701)   #192
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
BYO
BYO? Are they like PG Tips, or are they more like Typhoo?
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3088702)   #193
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
BYO? Are they like PG Tips, or are they more like Typhoo?
Bring Your Own (also: Build and Brew instead of Bring)
Old 11 Jun 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3089160)   #194
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In our campsite it is the job of the first person up to put the kettle on so everyone gets a cuppa when they wake.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3089230)   #195
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

First one up on our plot puts the genny on to keep the fridge and beer cold!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 08:48 (Ref:3089413)   #196
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I make a hell of a lot of tea when we are there!

and pour a lot of wine!

oddly don't drink either though!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3089579)   #197
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In that case you'd better ease off the calvados........
Old 26 Oct 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3158197)   #198
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Starting to think a bit ahead to the 2013 race, and what would have been nice to have had.
One of the items i missed at the Warm-Up, was a way to protect my Camera from the rain, and have found this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2306750252...84.m1423.l2648

What do you guys/girls use to cover our non-waterproof camera when it's raining? (and you still wants to photograph)
Old 26 Oct 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3158203)   #199
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I bite the bullet and put mine away. Ever since I lost a lens to mould a few years back.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3158716)   #200
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I have a camera that I can use in a shower! Or a waterfall.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandfis...ng/2887974957/

These are down to £150ish for a body... I might just buy another, till I know I can trust the D700!