Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3283347)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso to Red Bull in 2014?

According to this Autosport article, secret talks between Alonos's management and Red Bull took place at last weekend's Hungarian GP.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109079
Old 29 Jul 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3283349)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Secret.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3283366)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
some clever gamesmanship going on? perhaps a little payback for the head games Alonso's tried to play last year.

seriously though, at what point does Alonso start thinking that his tenure at Ferrari has fallen drastically short of what he had hoped or envisioned?
Old 29 Jul 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3283373)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm. http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon...-doesnt-sit-me
Old 29 Jul 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3283376)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to see that happen...
Old 29 Jul 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3283392)   #6
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso unhappy, Montezemolo criticizing him for his coments, the rumors about him moving to RedBull....
It's a bit exagerated obviouly and the problems are probably not as bad as they seem to be, but seeing Fernando "the master of the mind games" in this mess makes me smile a little bit I must admit.

I wonder what are the tifosi thinking now, or who are they blaming.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3283396)   #7
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso and Vettel will be worse than when it was with Hamilton. Vettel is RBR no.1, Alonso will not accept anything other than no.1, and they'll ruin each other. As much as Kimi isn't clear no.1 at Lotus, he won't like having his talent (far greater than Vettel's) being ignored by Red Bull. That's why I think Ricciardo will get the drive. And RBR don't seem to like Vergne. His driving is more mature than Ricciardo anyway.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3283419)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Montezemolo gives Alonso a slapped wrist for his comments.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109095

Old 29 Jul 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3283427)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
does anyone know what Alonso said?
Old 29 Jul 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3283437)   #10
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
does anyone know what Alonso said?
The media asked him what he would like for his birthday and he said "a faster car...."

Like an RBR......?
Old 29 Jul 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3283440)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada

ah because montezemolo already asked for that for his bday.

i get it now!
Old 29 Jul 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3283483)   #12
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso has always bad mouthed his own team and constantly reminds everyone that the Ferrari is slower than everyone else. If I were Montezemelo I'd have been having a word with him long ago. You're supposed to talk your team up. Rich businessmen looking to buy a supercar don't need to hear that Ferrari cannot build a car that's as good as Mercedes or McLaren, or even an energy drink company.

I can see his point of view though, the car started out very good but has lost pace to the others and another title slip away, and his ego is bigger than Ferrari. He hasn't denied these rumours. Did he start them, since he likes attacking Seb and it would make sense to put some worry into his team. I wouldn't be surprised.

But I don't think he'd go to RB, because he'd never be the clear #1. There's no reason for him to be #1 from RB's point of view. He'd be on a massive contract, but would he actually beat the 4-times champion Vettel? I'd perhaps bet on Vettel, Alonso's getting a bit old now, and even Vettel's now at a point where it seems Webber just can't beat him. Even if Alonso could beat him, it probably wouldn't be in their first year, as Vettel will have that RB built around him, so he'd be looking at 2015. That would be his 14th season in F1... he's not fresh anymore.

I don't think RB or Vettel will have started the rumour. They don't need to play mind games with Alonso, his car isn't threatening them anymore. They'd be better off looking at Hamilton now, that Merc is getting good and he was dominant at Hungary, a place where they were supposed to struggle.

It's probably just the media pushing these rumours. I'd be astounded if Alonso signed for RB.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3283499)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
He's not old OK but he's not young either, he's getting flak from an Italian media that never lets up, Ferrari can't quite pull it all together over a few years now so I'm not surprised he's getting restless.

I still expect he'll stay at Ferrari in the end though.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 23:00 (Ref:3283508)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Alonso has always bad mouthed his own team and constantly reminds everyone that the Ferrari is slower than everyone else. If I were Montezemelo I'd have been having a word with him long ago. You're supposed to talk your team up. Rich businessmen looking to buy a supercar don't need to hear that Ferrari cannot build a car that's as good as Mercedes or McLaren, or even an energy drink company.

I can see his point of view though, the car started out very good but has lost pace to the others and another title slip away, and his ego is bigger than Ferrari. He hasn't denied these rumours. Did he start them, since he likes attacking Seb and it would make sense to put some worry into his team. I wouldn't be surprised.

But I don't think he'd go to RB, because he'd never be the clear #1. There's no reason for him to be #1 from RB's point of view. He'd be on a massive contract, but would he actually beat the 4-times champion Vettel? I'd perhaps bet on Vettel, Alonso's getting a bit old now, and even Vettel's now at a point where it seems Webber just can't beat him. Even if Alonso could beat him, it probably wouldn't be in their first year, as Vettel will have that RB built around him, so he'd be looking at 2015. That would be his 14th season in F1... he's not fresh anymore.

I don't think RB or Vettel will have started the rumour. They don't need to play mind games with Alonso, his car isn't threatening them anymore. They'd be better off looking at Hamilton now, that Merc is getting good and he was dominant at Hungary, a place where they were supposed to struggle.

It's probably just the media pushing these rumours. I'd be astounded if Alonso signed for RB.
What about a swap, it's been rumoured that Vettel might go to Ferrari?
Old 29 Jul 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3283521)   #15
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If I was RBR I would be very unhappy with that deal BJ!
Old 29 Jul 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3283523)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
If I was RBR I would be very unhappy with that deal BJ!
Just throwing it out there wnut but stranger things have happened in F1.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3283524)   #17
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
If he's still happy with Ferrari (said in article) then it would take a juicy hell of a deal for him to be second driver beside Vettel. I'm happy that even though the car isn't a WDC or WCC car he's still not dragging down his team as much as last year.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3283537)   #18
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't know why Vettel would want to go to Ferrari, especially if knowing Alonso will replace him at RB. He can say goodbye to his dominance if he does that.

I guess Hamilton did something similar, this year, but I wonder if Hamilton had some insider info as we now see Mercedes much faster than McLaren. And he wasn't able to win the title with Mclaren for a long time.

Schumacher did it in 1996, but he was the undoubted best in F1 at that stage, and doing a swap with Berger and Alesi... and those two are no Fernando Alonso.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 00:18 (Ref:3283549)   #19
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Montezemolo gives Alonso a slapped wrist for his comments.
........"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"
Old 30 Jul 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3283552)   #20
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I don't know why Vettel would want to go to Ferrari, especially if knowing Alonso will replace him at RB. He can say goodbye to his dominance if he does that.

I guess Hamilton did something similar, this year, but I wonder if Hamilton had some insider info as we now see Mercedes much faster than McLaren. And he wasn't able to win the title with Mclaren for a long time.

Schumacher did it in 1996, but he was the undoubted best in F1 at that stage, and doing a swap with Berger and Alesi... and those two are no Fernando Alonso.
Alison has become the chassis engineering chief at Ferrari. Alonso rates him because he engineered him during his two world championships at Renault and worked at Ferrari 2000-2004 during their dominance.
He was a major influence at what is now Lotus over the last two years.

Now he's back at Ferrari
Alonso says he's one of the best people in the sport at his job so why would he now leave? Its all garbage.
A Ferrari resurgence is on its way.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3283553)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
........"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"
A prancing horses head?
Old 30 Jul 2013, 01:19 (Ref:3283563)   #22
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A prancing horses head?
.......or sleeping with the fishes.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 01:40 (Ref:3283569)   #23
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am still saddened over Lotus' loss of JA to Ferrari.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 01:46 (Ref:3283572)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I am still saddened over Lotus' loss of JA to Ferrari.
They made him an offer, he couldn't refuse.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 01:47 (Ref:3283574)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
.......or sleeping with the fishes.