Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will replace Bairdo in the main series seat at TKR in 2005?
Andy Booth 1 1.23%
Fabian Coulthard 11 13.58%
John McIntyre 2 2.47%
Alan Gurr 14 17.28%
Matt Halliday 2 2.47%
Andrew Jones 1 1.23%
Mark Porter 20 24.69%
Paul Radisich 19 23.46%
Jason Richards 1 1.23%
Simon Wills 2 2.47%
Alex Yoong 4 4.94%
Anybody else? 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Oct 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1114220)   #51
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think so.
Old 3 Oct 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1114260)   #52
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think GTR means the top 2 from the most votes, which means i was probally right by saying it would be porter coz of how quickly this decision was made.

How did porter and baird's times compare in the team kiwi car at sandown.
Old 3 Oct 2004, 20:18 (Ref:1114265)   #53
Rookie

304 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Vee8
Must be Mr Booth then because the way I hear it, Mr Coulthard has all of his eggs in the GMR basket.
I think GTR mean't the top two polling people, not the first two on the list.

I'd be very surprised if TKR asked any of their previous drivers back. With the new Orix/Tasman link up, wouldn't Andy B be looking to get his nose in there? even if just for the enduro's.
I wouldn't be at all suprised if they put a non NZ driver in. It's a professional team in a professional sport, you take the best option available to you. Team NZ is not a national sailing team, they are a professional team that trades on being NZ based. I reckon that the black boat may very well be steered by an Englishman at the next America's Cup because that is the best option available to them. TKR is in the same
boat (excuse the pun).
Old 3 Oct 2004, 22:34 (Ref:1114396)   #54
Vee8
Racer

Vee8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, goddit ... damn late night, lack of sleep ...

As much as Porter must be considered the favorite, I see TKR have begun the process of softening up their supporters towards hiring a non-Kiwi - leading me to believe they may look elsewhere.
Old 3 Oct 2004, 23:02 (Ref:1114407)   #55
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vee8

TKR have no begun the process of softening up their sponsors, infact they have had their sponsors (of which i am one) advise them to explore all options.

I know this for a fact as it was discussed between us all last week when Baird made his announcement.
Old 3 Oct 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1114413)   #56
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evo, why no formal announcement as yet?
Old 3 Oct 2004, 23:17 (Ref:1114416)   #57
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Chappelli
Formal announcement about what?
Old 3 Oct 2004, 23:39 (Ref:1114426)   #58
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About Baird leaving.
Old 4 Oct 2004, 00:16 (Ref:1114443)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because that is usually done when the new driver is ready to be announced. If negotiations go well, that should be this week

And yes, I meant the top two drivers in the poll... Mr Gurr or Mr Porter....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Oct 2004, 01:32 (Ref:1114473)   #60
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Chappelli
Done today I believe, but no announcement on replacement yet.
Old 4 Oct 2004, 01:53 (Ref:1114479)   #61
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evomike,
Any indication where or when this will be annouced?
Old 4 Oct 2004, 02:27 (Ref:1114496)   #62
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
I would say after Bathurst as Mr John has called a meeting of all sponsors on the Thursday after Bathurst.

Gives him time to evaluate some of the potential drivers at Bathurst as well.
Old 4 Oct 2004, 02:47 (Ref:1114501)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From Racenews....

Team Kiwi Racing
Oct 4 2004
TEAM KIWI RACING EXPLORE GLOBAL OPTIONS

Team Kiwi Racing have started discussions with various parties from within the Asia Pacific Rim and beyond for a new driver to take over Craig Baird's seat in the trademark TKR All Black Machine for the 2005 Australian V8 Supercar Championship.

Discussion commenced earlier this week between TKR and the various parties after current V8 Supercar driver Craig Baird dropped a bombshell on TKR and their sponsors that he would be joining a Ford team in 2005.

Baird's decision has come as a total surprise to TKR and their sponsors after months earlier Baird had confirmed in-front of 100 plus TKR sponsors and guests that he and TKR had agreed to a new two year deal that was to have seen Baird in the TKR machine for the 2005 and 2006 seasons.

"The whole team, sponsors and myself were initially shocked at the news but are excited at the new opportunities that have presented themselves over the last week"

"That aside Craig will be missed at TKR and we now go through the process of ensuring we put a suitable driver in the All Black machine that can continue to take TKR forward in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship for 2005 and beyond". Said Team Owner David John

Baird's replacement at TKR may not be another Kiwi driver either, which has been the case on all previous occasions, after the teams sponsors meet last week to discuss what was best for the team moving forward both in the short and long term.

With TKR having provided V8 Supercar opportunities to five Kiwi drivers previously that have not eventuated into anything long-term, it was decided by the sponsors that TKR should explore all options available to the team in terms of a new driver both from the local market place and internationally with all the TKR sponsors pledging their 100% support behind the team any decision Team Owner David John makes.

"As they say one door shuts and another opens"

"We wish Craig Baird all the very best with his new team and thank him for his input over the last two seasons at TKR as we look forward to fielding an exciting and competitive TKR package at the start of the 2005 Australian V8 Supercar Championship with a new driver behind the wheel". Said Team Manager Martin Collins.

One thing is for sure that who ever gets the drive at TKR will have a well sorted competitive package to jump straight into with TKR having already confirmed the purchase of a second PMM chassis and two new Holden Motorsport engines for the start of the 2005 Australian V8 Supercar Championship.
Old 4 Oct 2004, 10:33 (Ref:1114729)   #64
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If a moderator can modify a poll, how many times can they vote in a dictatorship to look after their friends?

Sure, a PMM-aligned driver would be the icing on the cake, but some of the left-field surprises could catch a few out.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 09:42 (Ref:1115666)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Friends? Once you become a moderator, friends become a delete option....

And each and every person can only vote one single time in a poll, including us moderator types....
Old 6 Oct 2004, 01:35 (Ref:1116491)   #66
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How funny would it be if WPS end up with both of SBR's throw aways
Good planning or is Gore the novice a better talent spotter than Jimmy and Ross

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 6 Oct 2004, 10:11 (Ref:1116673)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
How funny would it be if WPS end up with both of SBR's throw aways
Good planning or is Gore the novice a better talent spotter than Jimmy and Ross
Well since WPS have a 2005 option over 5 drivers, the law of averages suggests he has to pick at least one good driver....
Old 6 Oct 2004, 10:32 (Ref:1116691)   #68
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But what are the odds of that actually happening, there are many premutaions in that equation

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 6 Oct 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1117419)   #69
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes and apart from Besnard winning a couple of races in the early Konica days what have either of them done in a SBR car on their own. What have either of them done since and I am not counting the fluke pole at Winton by Bairdo. As a kiwi I was proud of that for a few seconds but lets get real. And then it didn't even last to the first corner. As much bad publicity as Ingall gets at least he has won more than once for the team. And he is consistently the bridesmaid in the Fords in the championship. So who makes the better decisions?
Old 7 Oct 2004, 21:56 (Ref:1118435)   #70
Martin Collins
Rookie

New Zealand
Hampton Downs
Martin Collins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fluke pole???
I believe all ten driver ran in the same conditions in that shoot-out fordo!!
Old 7 Oct 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1118445)   #71
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Collins
Fluke pole???
I believe all ten driver ran in the same conditions in that shoot-out fordo!!
Hear Hear Martin!
Old 10 Oct 2004, 04:54 (Ref:1120088)   #72
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Double stint for Mark Porter on the mountain, brought back the car nice and straight and in a lot better position from where they started.
That can't have hurt his chances to get the seat.
Well done Mark.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 09:06 (Ref:1120136)   #73
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends if we look at comparative lap times, BlueBlood, especially when the race was entirely dry!
Old 10 Oct 2004, 23:50 (Ref:1120632)   #74
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
He was on hiding to nothing, third engine in the weekend, one that had already done over its quota of miles, starting from pit lap.
He was driving for a chance at the seat next year, and trying to keep that pefect finishing record.
I still think he did a good job, and i am a one eyed ford supporter!
Old 11 Oct 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1120907)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Um, Blueblood... did you not see Mr Porter's touch with the wall at Forrest's Elbow??

It had a similar impact to Mr Gurr's accident, and required replacement of the rear end assembly, reworking the chassis mounting points etc etc which pretty much started off a pretty sad weekend for these hard working guys.

And I dont think Bairdo's pole was a fluke either...