Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Jan 2007, 18:10 (Ref:1803837)   #51
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats wrong with the loos/shower blocks in the lower padock of Spa?
Old 2 Jan 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1803864)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nothing if you have the necessary F1 pass which was bella's point Terence.

Also you can't complain about the Spa food outlets.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 18:45 (Ref:1803865)   #53
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they're pretty unpleasent... and the loos stink. especially on the longer weekends.

plus i object extensively to pay to use a very old, very stinky toilet.

and you will never hear me complain about spa food. ever
Old 2 Jan 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1803867)   #54
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
In my own limited experience the worst on balance I have to say are probably Donington's, dirty little hives some of them are! Although no doubt somebody can find some even worse.
croft. hands down!

knockhill's not great, but at least they're actually built out of building material instead of portakabin..
Old 2 Jan 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1804179)   #55
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemk7
bernie might as well tarmac a 3 mile square of tarmac somewhere fairly hot and then just lay out the track for f1 the weekend before the next race, then they don't need to worry about transporting the car either.

A few concrete barriers and some white paint is about all you'd need and then the trip to monaco, which they've also ruined.

very sorry to get off topic but i needed to say that somewhere.
Nice One agree totally!!!!!!
Old 2 Jan 2007, 21:41 (Ref:1804276)   #56
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Nothing if you have the necessary F1 pass which was bella's point Terence.

Also you can't complain about the Spa food outlets.
You wont get me complaining about Spa food out lets,especiallyLa Source
Old 2 Jan 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1804284)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
plus i object extensively to pay to use a very old, very stinky toilet.
The trick is to wear a racing suit. "Ah, pilot!". Gets you into the circuit if you've left your pass the other side of the fence and also lets you have free wees.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 21:56 (Ref:1804287)   #58
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Now you,ve done it Adam,we,ll have hundreds of spectators in the infield and they will all be in suits
Old 2 Jan 2007, 21:57 (Ref:1804288)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They only let 3 layer nomex in! For safety.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 08:18 (Ref:1804544)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thats OK then, for a terrible moment I had visions of the grandstands being full.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 09:01 (Ref:1816306)   #61
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I guess!

Maybe I'll do another trip to Spa this Saturday to see more clearly what is happening there.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1816734)   #62
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, since the split of the thread to PF the above reply (with the smilies) doesn't make much sence anymore.

Neither do I usally.

Spa, the works 2007. (Part 2)
Old 16 Jan 2007, 22:46 (Ref:1817028)   #63
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
My wife just walks in the mens bogs if she can't find the ladies.
And anyone who knows her, she certainly doesn't look like a bloke.

But she's got some balls !
Old 27 Jan 2007, 15:04 (Ref:1827171)   #64
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	070124k.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	17757

Isn't that a great sight?
At the moment the quarry at Spa really looks like a quarry. They have dumped all the excess concrete and gravel at the Busstop, so maybe yet another landfill?
Some updates on their website here.
Old 27 Jan 2007, 17:35 (Ref:1827267)   #65
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Attachment 17757

Isn't that a great sight?
At the moment the quarry at Spa really looks like a quarry. They have dumped all the excess concrete and gravel at the Busstop, so maybe yet another landfill?
Some updates on their website here.
So if they are filling in the Bus-stop,where is the chip bar going? Did,nt know you had Helicopter access Eddy
Old 27 Jan 2007, 23:41 (Ref:1827511)   #66
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they are not far from Nurburgring nr 2.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 09:11 (Ref:1827639)   #67
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
So if they are filling in the Bus-stop,where is the chip bar going? Did,nt know you had Helicopter access Eddy

Ah, not only JP has helicopter acces!

But to be honest, I nicked it of their website.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 12:26 (Ref:1827747)   #68
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
oH ,HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVE
Old 13 Mar 2007, 18:28 (Ref:1865744)   #69
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
There are some new pictures on the Spa website, but mainly from the pit building area.

I know that they are creating more run off at the downhill hairpin (or Post 10 to me) and at Stavelot corner.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1865795)   #70
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
if that was in the UK it wouldn't be ready until the 2010 season

make that 2020 with Australian Wembley style management

having said that . . .its amazing what money can achieve
Old 13 Mar 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1865887)   #71
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
if that was in the UK it wouldn't be ready until the 2010 season
As if Spa is better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
having said that . . .its amazing what money can achieve
Or the lack of it at Spa. Or should that be in the wrong pockets at Spa?
Old 15 Mar 2007, 08:12 (Ref:1867016)   #72
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
As if Spa is better!

Or the lack of it at Spa. Or should that be in the wrong pockets at Spa?

Now now Eddy,they only took thier retirement package
Old 15 Mar 2007, 08:37 (Ref:1867044)   #73
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Oh, did they retire then?
Old 15 Mar 2007, 19:34 (Ref:1867549)   #74
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I thought it was an enforced retirement .You know,there have been so many changes in the last few years,it,s getting difficult to keep up,a bit like a BMW trying to climb the Steep in top.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1872291)   #75
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some pictures of 18/03
The new Chicane

Up

Down