Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2701908)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Le Mans Spotter Guide

had a few emails, so just to confirm. The guide will be online, no later than 5th June 2010....hopefully before. I will do a update of any significant changes after Scruitneering. Probably online Wednesday.

The Guide, as before will be on two sheets and set up for A3 and A4 printing.

Will be available at www.spotterguides.com and www.andyblackmoredesign.com

thanks all
Old 31 May 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2701910)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Andy, another essential piece of Le Mans equipment - like the CA Guide - things are rapidly falling into place!
Old 31 May 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2701936)   #3
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You really know Le Mans is coming when you start hearing word about the CA Guide and Andy's Spotter Guide.
Gotta love this time of year, don't ya?
Old 31 May 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2701966)   #4
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Andy, a double-sided print out of your wonderful guide tucked safely in a plastic wallet has become a must-have. Thanks for all your efforts and I hope the low-lifes who have tried to pass it off as their own in the past are less of a problem this year.
Old 31 May 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2702010)   #5
MobileTradition1
Rookie

MobileTradition1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait. The perfect complement to the CA 2010 guide. Wow, we're finally at the greatest time of the year!!!!!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 05:43 (Ref:2702282)   #6
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Thanks all - going well, but strugglong on a few like the Norma etc. No PDF's this year, just hi-res JPEGs.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2702314)   #7
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Andy, am leaving on 6th to marshal once again out at poste 106, so thanks for allowing me the chance of printing and laminating the guides prior to leaving this year. Your work deserves the highest praise.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 08:47 (Ref:2704956)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Supported by Ten-Tenths.com, the Nissan 370 24Heures du Mans Guide for 2010 is now online!

You can download the two page guide at http://www.spotterguides.com/le-mans-2010-guide.

The guide is split over two pages due to the number of entries. It has been sized to print well at A3 ISO size, although you can print it smaller or larger ( I printed it at 30inches wide today and it holds up).

I will be releasing Version 2 after Scruitneering with any significant changes, so if you are not leaving until later in the week, I suggest you come back to SpotterGuides.com later in the week.

If you have enjoyed the guide, please consider a donation to the Miles to End Malaria Campaign, organised with Highcroft Racing and Malaria No More. More details on the above link.

OK, off to bed. I have a flight to catch in 6 hrs to some place called France. See some of you there
Old 5 Jun 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2704964)   #9
LeMansPilgrim
Rookie

United States
Stuttgart, Germany
LeMansPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you!! I have just printed these and am showing them to friends now. They are really impressed (as am I) at your attention to detail. Fantastic product and it will accompany me at all times next week. Thanks again.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2704969)   #10
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
no problem!
Old 5 Jun 2010, 10:30 (Ref:2704993)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As Rimmer would have said, 'Marvelous!'......
Old 5 Jun 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2704999)   #12
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Just one thing, Andy, for the Pegasus Racing team you have a rendering of the Courage in the guide, and the team is using a Norma only from Le Mans onwards. It's possible that the livery will stay the same, it's just the car shape that's wrong. (just a heads-up for the updated guide , and marvellous job all-around)
Old 5 Jun 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2705017)   #13
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonderful job as usual Andy. Will wait for Version 2 since it will probably include also the Dunlop art competition livery by then.

Although... the official website always says June 11th. Are the teams allowed to re-paint/decorate the cars after scrutineering? I would guess the Livery would become public already during scrutineering.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2705059)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Just one thing, Andy, for the Pegasus Racing team you have a rendering of the Courage in the guide, and the team is using a Norma only from Le Mans onwards. It's possible that the livery will stay the same, it's just the car shape that's wrong. (just a heads-up for the updated guide , and marvellous job all-around)
completely aware of that (should have put a note), but no contact from the team, so had to do what all the other previews did.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2705110)   #15
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
thanks a lot, very good job!

too bad you don't have helmets, though
Old 5 Jun 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2705192)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
thanks a lot, very good job!

too bad you don't have helmets, though
Would you like a picture of each drivers overalls as well?

I think andy has done a brilliat job, I will download and print on monday at work.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 05:54 (Ref:2705344)   #17
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Would you like a picture of each drivers overalls as well?.
I was saying that just because Sebring's spotter guide had the helmets
but of course, I'm not sure I can imagine how much work it takes to get it
Old 6 Jun 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2705690)   #18
mrp1967
Rookie

mrp1967 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Andy! Fantastic piece of design work - 4 copies printed for our little group making the pilgrimage this year. They've all made a donation to the Miles Against Malaria campaign too (they just don't know it yet ). I'll be supporting Highcroft for the LMP2 win.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2705710)   #19
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic work as always!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2705942)   #20
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Andy's usual high quality shines through.
I just wish I was there this year...

I'd like to thank him in person!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2706143)   #21
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys, I can't get Andy's guide to print the whole page. Every time I try to print it, I get about the first 2 cars.

Any help?
Old 7 Jun 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2706155)   #22
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
Hey guys, I can't get Andy's guide to print the whole page. Every time I try to print it, I get about the first 2 cars.

Any help?
I size and print it using paint. Open the jpeg in paint (right click jpeg icon and choose open with and then paint. or open paint and drag and drop the jpeg into it) and the select File, Page setup.

Choose your paper size. Change orientation to landscape. Try to change all margins to zero and it should default to the lowest available settings available to maximize the area of the paper used. Select 'Fit to' in the scaling box and change it to 1 page by one page. Hit OK.

Now click File and print preview to make sure it all fits on the page. If it does choose print and you should be good. Repeat for page 2.

I'm sure there are many other ways, but I have found this the easiest.

Good Luck.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2706170)   #23
mrp1967
Rookie

mrp1967 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I right-clicked on each image then did 'Copy Image' and pasted them into a Word document (in landscape). This printed fine as a nice double-sided guide. However I think you need a decent printer - my home printer isn't great and I couldn't get a good result, but on my brother-in-law's, the cars came out beautifully! Good luck.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2706181)   #24
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
In addition to what is shown above, I suspect you might be trying to print from IE?

Save the image(s) then open them up in pretty much any graphics program or Photo viewer. Photoshop, Windows Paint and Fax, ACDSee, anything like that.

When you print, select Landscape and look for the "scale to paper" (or words to that effect) option and hey presto, you should have full sized image.

Scruitneering and the Paddock revealed quite a few new liveries and changes, I'm going to start on this tonight and see how quick I can get it done. One its done, I'll update the guide. Probbaly EOD Tuesday or some point Wednesday

andy

Last edited by andy_b; 7 Jun 2010 at 16:39.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2706185)   #25
Corvette Racing
Rookie

Netherlands
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Corvette Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your hard work!