Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Jul 2004, 03:22 (Ref:1051547)   #1
louonline
Racer

louonline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No B24!

According to BCC the B24h looks like not taking place this year unless someone else picks it up.
It appears PROCAR has dropped it.
Some sort of announcement should be made by PROCAR later today or tomorrow.
Sorry for the bad news.
Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 03:24 (Ref:1051548)   #2
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that sucks so bad. thanks for nothing ross..
Old 30 Jul 2004, 03:39 (Ref:1051556)   #3
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holden will be ropable !!! Maybe they will bankroll the event to claim another contrived win for "Gasbag" ?!?!?
Old 30 Jul 2004, 03:52 (Ref:1051565)   #4
louonline
Racer

louonline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BCC news release.......
Bathurst 24Hr Decision
30 July 2004

Council disappointed in 24Hr Race decision.

In a press conference in Sydney at 12pm today, Chairman of Procar's Palmer Group, Frank Slowiak announced that the company was handing all rights to the Bathurst 24 Hour and Procar Champ Series to the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS).

Council Administrator Kath Knowles said Council was disappointed in the decision by Procar but was not giving up hope that the event would still run this November.

"It is unfortunate that Procar under the Palmer Group are unable to continue running the event that they created but Council is very hopeful that this is not the end of this wonderful event.

"Council is prepared make a considerable commitment with any serious race promoter to see the event run but at the same time there are limits on the risks we will take with ratepayers funds..........

LINK for full story...

http://www.bathurst.nsw.gov.au/news/...181_25350.html
Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 03:53 (Ref:1051566)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
, such a great event down the drain it seems
Old 30 Jul 2004, 04:08 (Ref:1051574)   #6
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So no chance of PROTEAMS picking it up, or are they considered one and the same with Procar?
Old 30 Jul 2004, 04:09 (Ref:1051575)   #7
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does it make any money?(ie Profit)

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 30 Jul 2004, 04:42 (Ref:1051585)   #8
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proteams are gone as well CAMS will now sell the categorys through some sort of tender process
Old 30 Jul 2004, 05:22 (Ref:1051596)   #9
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is this the end of PRO(whatever)

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 30 Jul 2004, 09:12 (Ref:1051754)   #10
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
read this

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 31 Jul 2004, 05:54 (Ref:1052533)   #11
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by aj_308
that sucks so bad. thanks for nothing ross..
WHAT? Dont you mean, thanks Ross for taking the financial risk of promoting some of the best racing seen in Australia over the past 10(?) years.
Old 31 Jul 2004, 06:31 (Ref:1052545)   #12
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, Ross has done so much for us, racers and Australia. He should be thanked.

Now is the time for eveyone to stand up be counted, get together and get series sorted again, Bathurst 24 Hour sorted and start a beautiful future for Motorsport fans, and not leave a burden on one man.
Are we in ?
Old 31 Jul 2004, 06:34 (Ref:1052546)   #13
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately People were not going to see"The best racing in Australia" I guess it was not the best racing in Australia, otherwise you would have more than Stokell and Pretty in Nation's Cup and Ric Shaw in GTP being the only winners.
Old 31 Jul 2004, 06:52 (Ref:1052549)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how hard do we think CAMS will try and push the sale of the PROCAR categories and Bathurst 24 Hour rights?
Old 31 Jul 2004, 08:17 (Ref:1052568)   #15
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine
Holden will be ropable !!! Maybe they will bankroll the event to claim another contrived win for "Gasbag" ?!?!?
Never a true'r statement, but I would love dearly for the B24 to continue, but Holden is part of it down fall as well as a certain Queenslander, that is all I can say
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 31 Jul 2004, 09:00 (Ref:1052577)   #16
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Ryan
Unfortunately People were not going to see"The best racing in Australia" I guess it was not the best racing in Australia, otherwise you would have more than Stokell and Pretty in Nation's Cup and Ric Shaw in GTP being the only winners.
Ric Shaw being the only winner in GTP? What planet are you on? Clearly you have not been following GTP. Ric Shaw is actually coming THIRD in the driver's championship, behind Justin Hemmes STi and Paul Stokell's VW R32.

Please remove your blinkers
Old 2 Aug 2004, 09:49 (Ref:1053841)   #17
24Hours
Rookie

24Hours should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive still got hope for the 24 hour! It believe will happen! I havent yet seen the words "There will be no bathurst 24 hour" It has way too much potential even the dosile sods at CAMS would see that!
Old 2 Aug 2004, 09:53 (Ref:1053848)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Potential and vision sometimes clash with financial viability.... if it doesnt come along this year, the event is gone for good
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Aug 2004, 10:05 (Ref:1053857)   #19
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That cant happen, it would be a crime against humanity. I hope Cams and BCC and the fans can put something together to save this race and get started building this race for the future.
Personally, I dont think we seen the last of the race. I hope they can prove me right
Old 2 Aug 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1053875)   #20
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BigGuy, I stand corrected on Ric, but my point is GTP needs better parity. Nations Cup, the main drawer for PROCAR is a real basket case.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1053998)   #21
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better parity?

Races have been won this year by Subaru, Mitsubishi, Holden, Mazda and Volkswagon, with the Fords and BMWs having had some strong placings at times. Parity i don't think could be much better!

Nations Cup is in abit of trouble, but all it needs is for some contenders to return and it will be off and running again.

I think it's pretty safe to say that if the 24 Hour goes, so does any chance of any of the championships surviving in their current guises.

We saw the same with Super Touring, once they lost the Bathurst 1000, the category loses momentum and when it stops moving forward, people (ie..backers) lose interest.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1054130)   #22
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Seems to me the majority of the punters that have been to a B24 seem to only go there to see and hear the mega buck NC cars, so for the B24 to survive then NC has to be a succsessful class which sadly its not.
Another bad move (IMO) was inviting Super Tourers and Future Tourers to compete.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 02:01 (Ref:1054578)   #23
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What price the CMA for Nations Cup? CAMS have said they want to sell the lot as one package but I think the liability that is NC would drag down the value of GTP and the Brutes!
Old 4 Aug 2004, 07:27 (Ref:1055826)   #24
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
Better parity?

Nations Cup is in abit of trouble, but all it needs is for some contenders to return and it will be off and running again.
Yeah some tinkering is needed, and it is through the Nations Cup committee, who have stated that the current rules need to be change. However this can't change this year and implementation of new regs should begin in 2005, and then we can build this class again.

With the Bathurst 24 hour, a new internationally adopted formula, this concept will be an attractive package for many.
Old 4 Aug 2004, 07:39 (Ref:1055836)   #25
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do you need parity at all in Nations Cup, if people want to see the great cars of the world racing over 24 hours to detirmine the winner then parity is a crok.
You can go watch the sports sedans with falcons, SAAB's etc all ripping around.
Oh I forgot, people want to watch a parity formula that has different shaped cars and that is it.
It is killing it's self, what self respecting car manufacturer would want to see it's $500k car getting blown away by a $70k Holden. Certainly not Porsce,or Vipers, I doubt Ferrari and and and ,oops there are no oter cars are they, do they have 5 rows on the frid for wakefield yeat if you don' count the red ute at the back with fire extingusers on it .
It is over, the crowd numbers have spoken,no-one gives a hoot

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic