Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Nov 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3476663)   #1
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Purchasing a large amount of tickets without paying silly prices.

The time is there to start ordering the tickets for our party of Le Mans pilgrims.
Trouble is that, for the last three or four years, we've had the problem of allways having to buy our tickets with fat premiums on them.

We've tried Tickets & Travel in the Netherlands but they have the absurd rule that one has to buy two general entry tickets with every campsite ticket.
This wouldn't be a huge problem if it were not for the fact that the same goes for when one wants to purchase grandstand tickets with them.
Try doing this for a group of 20 to 30 people and before we know it, we have enough entrance tickets to also invite all of our family...

So we tried 1st tickets in the UK, last year. Now they just ad criminal premiums over the ACO prices so they won't be seeing us again too.

What to do and where to go?

Buying tickets at the ACO themselves is just simply one giant crapshoot. One orders tickets for campsite A and grandstand B, but when the ACO see's it fit to finally allot you tickets, you can bet your behind you'll be allotted campsite G and grandstand K. Also no option then...
Old 20 Nov 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3477002)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just get the camping tickets from the agency, then get in quick on the ACO website to get the grandstand tickets, the camping sites get sold out very much quicker than the grandstands. Apart from the ACO stand the others are usually available for a few months and often available close to June
Old 20 Nov 2014, 23:46 (Ref:3477091)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Have any of you joined the ACO? Members tend to get what they ask for - we used to book ours for the next year on the Monday when leaving the circuit.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 08:29 (Ref:3477209)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I have been an ACO member for a long time, the discounts on camping and tickets cover the costs and the fact that you get a few days before the public to get the camping/grandstands tickets means it is well worth it. Plus your ACO pass is always useful when at the circuit.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3479024)   #5
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've never bought campsite tickets only entrance tickets, but I would have thought the ACO route is your best option. As mentioned, if you have a full contingent you more than make the membership back on savings on GE tickets alone (let alone camping/grandstand), plus you get the benefit of the ACO village(s)
Old 3 Dec 2014, 00:47 (Ref:3481283)   #6
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
I've never bought campsite tickets only entrance tickets, but I would have thought the ACO route is your best option. As mentioned, if you have a full contingent you more than make the membership back on savings on GE tickets alone (let alone camping/grandstand), plus you get the benefit of the ACO village(s)
Sadly, when one needs tickets for a large group like ours, the ACO is anything but the right way to go. Especially the campsite tickets appear to be sold to agencies or they'll vanish quickly through 'the gold list'.
Being a member of the ACO but not being french, hardly makes any difference.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3481416)   #7
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then that is probably why agencies can charge a premium
Old 3 Dec 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3481512)   #8
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Sadly, when one needs tickets for a large group like ours, the ACO is anything but the right way to go. Especially the campsite tickets appear to be sold to agencies or they'll vanish quickly through 'the gold list'.
The ACO has a group rate for tickets which is the same as they charge entrant teams or advertising partners.
It applies to orders for 25 GEs or more and is usually slightly more than the ACO member rate. You'll need to ring the ACO 00 33 243405060 I think.
Your best bet for camping is Epinettes, opposite the entrance to Houx, and handy for the tram into town.
Looking at the website there are about 90 places left.
Good luck!
Old 5 Dec 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3482318)   #9
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Not sure. I used to get the grandstand 18 places I was expecting. But this year I sent an email at 10.36 am to book my places (as usual). They have acknowleged my email at 15.34 pm answering I could get some places within the limits of the number of places available. Expecting a TR or Houx or Maison Blanche campsite.
Finally, I called them on Tuesday morning to know which places I was allocated : absolutely not what I was expecting in the grandstand and for the campsite: Epinettes.
Are you sure about the difference. Even if you live in Le Mans no privilege
I was confirmed that agencies have some contracts for a couple of years and they can book at the same time than the ACO members.
It becomes hard for us too
Old 9 Dec 2014, 23:31 (Ref:3483562)   #10
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Not sure. I used to get the grandstand 18 places I was expecting. But this year I sent an email at 10.36 am to book my places (as usual). They have acknowleged my email at 15.34 pm answering I could get some places within the limits of the number of places available. Expecting a TR or Houx or Maison Blanche campsite.
Finally, I called them on Tuesday morning to know which places I was allocated : absolutely not what I was expecting in the grandstand and for the campsite: Epinettes.
Are you sure about the difference. Even if you live in Le Mans no privilege
I was confirmed that agencies have some contracts for a couple of years and they can book at the same time than the ACO members.
It becomes hard for us too
Well, that confirms my own negative experiences with ordering tickets at the ACO.

I'm ordering our tickets with the Dutch agency Ticket&Travel again. Not the best option but at least a hell of a lot cheaper then any of the British agencies.