Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 14 Oct 2013, 09:36 (Ref:3317631)   #76
MRXtreme
Rookie

New Zealand
Hamilton
MRXtreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mark Petch;3317615]MRX your post begs the question, how many TLX cars will run at the first round of the Championship held in conjunction with Thunder In The Park?

At this point, the same five cars that finished last season will be on grid for the first round, albeit with different drivers.
Hope that helps Mark.
Cheers
Nick.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3317862)   #77
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=MRXtreme;3317631]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
MRX your post begs the question, how many TLX cars will run at the first round of the Championship held in conjunction with Thunder In The Park?

At this point, the same five cars that finished last season will be on grid for the first round, albeit with different drivers.
Hope that helps Mark.
Cheers
Nick.
Thanks Nick,
In my opinion, and I did suggest on two separate occasion that the TLX cars should have been offered a "class within a class" opportunity to run with the V8ST cars, just like the 996 Porsche's ran on for several years with the much faster 997 car's. Unfortunately one or two V8ST teams were vehemently opposed to allowing that to happen.

Mark.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3317918)   #78
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=Mark Petch;3317862]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRXtreme View Post

Thanks Nick,
In my opinion, and I did suggest on two separate occasion that the TLX cars should have been offered a "class within a class" opportunity to run with the V8ST cars, just like the 996 Porsche's ran on for several years with the much faster 997 car's. Unfortunately one or two V8ST teams were vehemently opposed to allowing that to happen.

Mark.
It may happen one day - you never know...
Old 14 Oct 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3317948)   #79
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRXtreme View Post
Open test day this Friday for the NZV8TC's at Puke, leading into round one, Thunder in the Park. Itching to get into the new season.
The Pukekohe calendar is a bit confusing, their entry for Friday 'Controlled testing has been moved to Saturday'. and they do not have the 'private hire' etc they usually write when the place has a booking.
http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/motor-racing/13/
Old 18 Oct 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3319615)   #80
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
is Andrew Stroud racing this season.. or still just looking?
Old 18 Oct 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3319628)   #81
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
is Andrew Stroud racing this season.. or still just looking?
From what I heard yesterday, more the former than the latter..
Old 7 Nov 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3328585)   #82
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Richards Team announced their 2 drivers for the Camry's last night.
Jason Bargwanna and AJ Lauder. Be interesting to see how they both go in the Toyota's.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3330615)   #83
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favourite time of any motorsport season, the few weeks before hand where we see some shiny new colours, couple i've seen pop up on Facebook

Old 13 Nov 2013, 01:56 (Ref:3330660)   #84
Heycoop Racing
Rookie

Heycoop Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
My favourite time of any motorsport season, the few weeks before hand where we see some shiny new colours, couple i've seen pop up on Facebook

Wow, whose livery is this going to be. Looks sharp!
Racing in the 2013/14 Motul Honda Cup. #143 EG Civic. Facebook search Heycoop Racing to show your support and see my progress throughout the season.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3335415)   #85
MRXtreme
Rookie

New Zealand
Hamilton
MRXtreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZV8 Touring Cars

For those that do care about the NZV8TC racing. Round One coverage from Pukekohe is on at 3.30pm today on Prime TV. There was some great racing last weekend, lets hope the TV coverage shows that.
And I hope everyone is enjoying today's weather.

Cheers
Nick @MRX
Old 23 Nov 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3335458)   #86
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Nick. I have it locked and loaded
28 degC day here in Auckland, and summer starts end of next week.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 04:22 (Ref:3335502)   #87
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty decent effort from VoltTV I thought with the round 1 coverage. A bit of a step-up with some of the camera work over last season. The little grid-graphic camera was kinda cool, though I wonder whether a steadicam would have done a better job. Certainly it would be less of a snag at the race meeting than taking video from the four-wheeled SSV thingy (I recall the marshall's not being big fans of it at the time). The camera settings and levels turned to dog muck for race three, and the lack of a lap graphic was a downer, but all up it could've been far worse.

*sigh* Sadly Clint Brown's still there...

Last edited by HProject; 23 Nov 2013 at 04:29.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 05:54 (Ref:3335523)   #88
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Yes definitely a step up from last year. I enjoyed the in car stuff which was far superior to last year.
Disappointed that the Clown is still the commentator, although he seemed to have popped a valium for this round.
When will the camrys get a decent livery and when will Bargs get a new race suit that doesn't say Tulloch motorsport on it?
without Bargs and Ross the racing would be non existent.
But anyway, as I say far better than last year although the crowds did look quite low but it was good to see fans above the pits.....something we couldnt do at the last st round at puke.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 05:57 (Ref:3335525)   #89
Heycoop Racing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
without Bargs or Ross the racing would be non existent.
Even if only one of them weren't there, it would just be a procession ... I guess we have to hope either one doesn't have any major engine issues etc that put them out of a round, because then things will get seriously boring.
Racing in the 2013/14 Motul Honda Cup. #143 EG Civic. Facebook search Heycoop Racing to show your support and see my progress throughout the season.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 01:29 (Ref:3336307)   #90
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes definitely a step up from last year. I enjoyed the in car stuff which was far superior to last year.
Is it really a step up?? I never watched any last year but gave it the benefit of MySky for this weekend. But I thought the in-car footage was junk, shaking all over the place, wrong names on some incar stuff & if the commentator mentioned TL or TLX once more Grrrr…. Do they not understand that TL or TLX means absolutely nothing to the average punter?

So sorry but with only 5 TLX cars and a total of 14(?) cars spread out all over the track isn't a good look for MSNZ's "top level" championships, even the pathetic 9 car Toyota 86 field at Highlands was better viewing...
Old 25 Nov 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3336315)   #91
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
...even the pathetic 9 car Toyota 86 field at Highlands was better viewing...
I haven't watched the V8's yet (it's recorded though to be fair), but it can't be too good if the 86's were better. Boy there was some noddy-driving in that field! Honestly, the majority of the field looked very ordinary.

And I have to wonder, why is Foggy in there?
Old 25 Nov 2013, 02:27 (Ref:3336317)   #92
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Compared to last year I think it was better TBH.

Agree with your other comments CDM regarding the spread out field, but I guess its a double edge sword racing two categories in one.

The thing that cracked me up about downtown brown was that he never mentioned DNA or parity once!!!

I too watched the Toyota 86's and I may be going against the grain here but they did not float my boat. I have heard they are quite costly to buy (I heard a figure of $70k??) and are not much quicker, if any, than the much cheaper Suzui-Q's.....happy to be corrected on all of that though

But watching ANYTHING go around highlands is choice as

And OTI, I think Foggy was there initially to help set up the car for whoever owned it. From what I heard they just chucked Angus the keys and basically said 'your the best man for the job'. Anyone else hear that?
Old 25 Nov 2013, 04:23 (Ref:3336344)   #93
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too watched the Toyota 86's and I may be going against the grain here but they did not float my boat. I have heard they are quite costly to buy (I heard a figure of $70k??) and are not much quicker, if any, than the much cheaper Suzui-Q's.....happy to be corrected on all of that though

Try $78k + GST, cant use anywhere at present except the series. You can buy them from Grant Aitken I have heard for $52-55k incl GST but not as tricked up as the Toyota version but you can do what you like, Targa, endurance, rally, hill climb etc.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 05:30 (Ref:3336353)   #94
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
^^ now that is crazy money for a Subota. I was not aware that you could not run them at any other events either, which makes them even more pointless.

Am I right in assuming that all of those cars are road registered?? I couldn't help but notice the reg sticker on the windscreens.

And does anyone know or can confirm which car would be quicker? the suzies or the GT's?
Old 25 Nov 2013, 05:45 (Ref:3336355)   #95
Heycoop Racing
Rookie

Quote:
^^ now that is crazy money for a Subota. I was not aware that you could not run them at any other events either, which makes them even more pointless.

Am I right in assuming that all of those cars are road registered?? I couldn't help but notice the reg sticker on the windscreens.

And does anyone know or can confirm which car would be quicker? the suzies or the GT's?
I can't confirm, but an educated guess would be Toyotas. My guess (based on what times people i have raced against were doing at Highlands, and what times I have done compared to them at other tracks) would be the toyotas would be round about the 1:15 - 1:17s at Hampton, where the Suzuki's are doing 1:21's.

If anyone has any specs of the two, especially engine output, tyres used, tyre size, aero (if any), brake packages, then I'm sure we could make a better guesstimate.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3336363)   #96
Dav1s
Rookie

Dav1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heycoop Racing View Post
I can't confirm, but an educated guess would be Toyotas. My guess (based on what times people i have raced against were doing at Highlands, and what times I have done compared to them at other tracks) would be the toyotas would be round about the 1:15 - 1:17s at Hampton, where the Suzuki's are doing 1:21's.

If anyone has any specs of the two, especially engine output, tyres used, tyre size, aero (if any), brake packages, then I'm sure we could make a better guesstimate.
TR86 has more power, have heard they are quite slow in a straight line. TR86 also has an upgraded brake kit, Suzukis run standard discs with race pads in the front, standard brakes in the rear. Also TR86 runs on slicks or wets while the Suzukis run DOT semi slicks. So on paper the TR86 is certainly a lot more car, with at a guess a lot higher running cost.

I think Suzukis do 1min25s around Manfield, TR86 on test day were 1min18s on slicks.

Happy to be corrected on any of the above though!
Old 25 Nov 2013, 08:05 (Ref:3336378)   #97
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe all this should be on it's own thread?
Old 25 Nov 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3336379)   #98
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1s View Post
I think Suzukis do 1min25s around Manfield, TR86 on test day were 1min18s on slicks.

Happy to be corrected on any of the above though!
i was told 1.17 around Levels................. my POS club car Levin that is 30+ years older, mildy tweaked on gravel suspension is possibly the only thing slowerer than it !!
and such a scathing remark from a Toyota afficianado, isn't a good thing, is it ???
Old 25 Nov 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3336655)   #99
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no doubt that the 86 is a quick car. Dont sound quick but they are over braked and over tired, have a lot of grip therefore so far there isnt a lot of passing.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3336855)   #100
Bikerider
Rookie

Bikerider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
i was told 1.17 around Levels................. my POS club car Levin that is 30+ years older, mildy tweaked on gravel suspension is possibly the only thing slowerer than it !!
and such a scathing remark from a Toyota afficianado, isn't a good thing, is it ???
I think you will find that the Toyota 86 has not been to any South Island tracks.
It would of only been Aitkens car at levels.
At Highlands Aitkens version was 4-6 sec slower, both on new tyres, but on different brands.