Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 Sep 2002, 12:44 (Ref:379564)   #1
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mont Tremblant - a circuit worthy of "Spa of North America?"

On dailysportscar.com, they're reporting the first impressions of the rebuilt Le Circuit at Mont Tremblant.

From Andy Wallace, who's running with the Dyson team the last two races:
Quote:
...after the Thursday test session at Mont Tremblant, and his comments were everything you’d expect from him.

"It's really a stunning track. I'm never going to race in Europe ever again, because they spoil the track by putting in those second gear chicanes everywhere. Here they have proper corners. It's amazing. We have fifth and sixth gear corners; hammering around the corners. It's great!"

-dailysportscar
A rumour I tried to start a couple of years ago had F1 moving to the circuit based upon the upgrades, proximity to Montreal, amount of top notch accommodation nearby (Mont Tremblant), and the Hilfiger connection to Ferrari (they still sponsor Ferrari, don't they?). The track is owned by Lawrence Stroll. Sadly, no one believed me.

Now, hearing about Andy Wallace's comments, I'm glad ol' Bern is unaware of the place. He and Max for sure would want some of those stupid 2nd gear chicanes...

Still, if F1 were about racing instead of rifling through fans' pockets, they'd be there in a flash...

I'd like to see the old Canadian GP setup - alternating between le Circuit and Mosport.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James