Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 26 May 2000, 23:36 (Ref:15696)   #1
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I've just read mention of this book in the latest copy of Motorsport and wondered if it is as good as it says and how much I'm likely to pay for a good/ very good condition copy.

Any ideas?
Old 27 May 2000, 10:27 (Ref:15697)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Graham,

I've no idea about the content of the book, except that Piero Taruffi was one of the grand old men of motor racing and record breaking, so what he has to say is almost certain to be valid.

As to availability? I know that Eric Thompson is offering a 1966 edition at the moment for £28.

Mr Thompson advertises each month in Motor Sport's classifieds, so you should be able to get his details from there. His catalogue costs a couple of quid and is always worth browsing through.

Incidentally, if the name sounds familiar, yes it is the same Eric Thompson who was an Aston Martin works driver in the 1950s, and was a regular competitor at Le Mans. Still going strong, and still on the scene, keeping in touch with enthusiasts.