Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2709724)   #1
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
DC is awarded an MBE

Guess this will be a shortish thread, but it's announced today that David Coulthard has been awarded an MBE.

That's the same as Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button were awarded for their World Championships and thoroughly well-deserved in my opinion. David has always conducted himself very well and is a great ambassador for the sport. If anything he has relaxed and shown more of his personality since becoming a member of the BBC commentating team.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2709961)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He should be knighted for resisting to punch EJ for so long.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2710007)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Did actually do it then?
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2711403)   #4
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My son did ask.."what for? services to mediocrity?"

Not that I agree with him..well deserved crazy Dave!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2711416)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congratulations anyway.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2711443)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For services to being 'out of position'.

Nah, good stuff!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2712300)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I think it is for something the most girls ?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2712676)   #8
alc
Rookie

alc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
My vote is that when DC does finally deck EJ, he should get an upgrade to a CBE
Old 16 Jun 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2713409)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Official: it finally IS DC's year.

(Well, someone had to, didn't they? )
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 Jun 2010, 05:49 (Ref:2713512)   #10
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well deserved a true ambassador for his country . . . . er . . . . . Scotland.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 06:24 (Ref:2713518)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Chris View Post
Well deserved a true ambassador for his country . . . . er . . . . . Scotland.
He's TV friendly.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2714208)   #12
Perksy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Pershore
Perksy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One has to ask why these are awarded.

Achievement in any sphere brings its own rewards, so personally I am not at all convinced about LH's or JB's awards for winning their titles. JB perhaps deserves one for winning after years of good-natured perseverance.

If however awards are for people who act as ambassadors for their sphere, and for their country (I realise "E" is for empire) then who better than DC?
He has behaved as a gentleman, and is an excellent role model for our youngsters.

I agree that we're seeing more of his personality, but perhaps that's because we're seeing more of him. He continues to behave as a gentleman, and for that I applaud him.

Well done DC, and perhaps more importantly, keep doing what you are doing.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2714242)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perksy View Post
One has to ask why these are awarded.

Achievement in any sphere brings its own rewards, so personally I am not at all convinced about LH's or JB's awards for winning their titles. JB perhaps deserves one for winning after years of good-natured perseverance.

If however awards are for people who act as ambassadors for their sphere, and for their country (I realise "E" is for empire) then who better than DC?
He has behaved as a gentleman, and is an excellent role model for our youngsters.

I agree that we're seeing more of his personality, but perhaps that's because we're seeing more of him. He continues to behave as a gentleman, and for that I applaud him.

Well done DC, and perhaps more importantly, keep doing what you are doing.
Good post. I think you've summed it up very well.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2745532)   #14
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Schumiforeverever has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Guess this will be a shortish thread, but it's announced today that David Coulthard has been awarded an MBE.

That's the same as Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button were awarded for their World Championships and thoroughly well-deserved in my opinion. David has always conducted himself very well and is a great ambassador for the sport. If anything he has relaxed and shown more of his personality since becoming a member of the BBC commentating team.
When the Beatles were awarded MBE in 1965, it was a big shock even if they revolutionised the Rock and roll and now its another big shock.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2745556)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiforeverever View Post
When the Beatles were awarded MBE in 1965, it was a big shock even if they revolutionised the Rock and roll and now its another big shock.
It was also a big shock when John Lennon returned his MBE.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 16 Aug 2010 at 22:23.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 23:51 (Ref:2745594)   #16
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It was also a big shock when John Lennon returned his MBE.
Hahaha!!!
Old 18 Aug 2010, 07:00 (Ref:2746418)   #17
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do Australians still receive honors? I know that Sir Jack Brabham was knighted, but if Mark Webber becomes World Champion this year, will he be likely to receive an honor similar to that earned by Lewis Hamilton or Jenson Button?
Old 18 Aug 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2746647)   #18
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclightning View Post
Do Australians still receive honors? I know that Sir Jack Brabham was knighted, but if Mark Webber becomes World Champion this year, will he be likely to receive an honor similar to that earned by Lewis Hamilton or Jenson Button?
As one of Her Majesty's subjects yes he can receive an honour.

He also seems to spend more time in the UK than the other three not that that has anything to do with it
Old 18 Aug 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2746692)   #19
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baclightning View Post
I think his Red Bull car deserves better that honor than Webber.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2746717)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh dear.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2746741)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well deserved, imo.
Anybody that manages to get into F1 and even score some success with a face that's as aerodynamically inefficient as DC's deserves an MBE.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 23:00 (Ref:2746866)   #22
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well deserved I say. DC has been a great ambassador for the sport for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baclightning
Lets not demean the award too much. Lets not be comparing Mark Webber with the likes of Sir Jack Brabham. Or Hamilton and Button for that matter. As has been said Newey would be more entitled to an award.
Old 21 Aug 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2747857)   #23
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Well deserved I say. DC has been a great ambassador for the sport for many years.
DC as a race car driver has been a passenger for years..
Old 21 Aug 2010, 01:25 (Ref:2747863)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Well deserved, imo.
Anybody that manages to get into F1 and even score some success with a face that's as aerodynamically inefficient as DC's deserves an MBE.