Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Apr 2017, 07:14 (Ref:3728116)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A lot of times, the reason people vote for DOTR is mentioned as getting the best possible out of the car/situation.
So therefore, I can already make my vote for Monaco and give it to Alonso.
He will score as many points as predicted with the car, whilst not making a single mistake on the Monte Carlo circuit all weekend.
I can already see he will get some overtakes from his Honda engine over his race that weekend and it will be impossible to justify how any other driver on the F1 grid performed better.....
Old 21 Apr 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3728170)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A lot of times, the reason people vote for DOTR is mentioned as getting the best possible out of the car/situation.
So therefore, I can already make my vote for Monaco and give it to Alonso.
He will score as many points as predicted with the car, whilst not making a single mistake on the Monte Carlo circuit all weekend.
I can already see he will get some overtakes from his Honda engine over his race that weekend and it will be impossible to justify how any other driver on the F1 grid performed better.....
That's thrown a spanner in the works
Old 21 Apr 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3728229)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think there's probably one already one in there......
Old 22 Apr 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3728451)   #29
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think there's probably one already one in there......

Oh! So that's where it went!
Old 30 Apr 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3730119)   #30
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Somebody amazingly voted for Alonso today. You've got to admire that in a way.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3730199)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Somebody amazingly voted for Alonso today. You've got to admire that in a way.
His driving during the race was perfect. Bottas locked up and ran wide a couple of times, Vettel was overtaken into T1, everyone else could have done better in some way - except for Alonso.

From the moment the lights went out, to the chequered flag, can anyone find a single fraction of a second in which Alonso made a driving error?
Old 30 Apr 2017, 21:51 (Ref:3730201)   #32
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He could've parked it better, to be honest. Parking skills are essential.
Old 1 May 2017, 01:43 (Ref:3730231)   #33
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I mostly decline to vote for DOTR. It's hard for me to fully take account of what everyone is up to; some drivers are out of sight. With something like soccer you can pretty much assess everything that's going on in the entire pitch. Motorsport isn't quite like that. Only if someone is absolutely stand out, will I give him the nod.

I like Alonso and Raikkonen the most. Every other driver I like as much as the other. It wouldn't influence my DOTR decision as I'm not that partisan for a given driver.

It's not like Mansell and Prost or Schumacher and Hill with whom you could be partisan about. Today's drivers are almost CGI characters. It's not their fault, it's just that how things are presented in the information age that it's hard to fully subconsciously discern the synthetic from the authentic.

Anyway, I digress...
Old 2 May 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3730560)   #34
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't watched the race yet, so Webber.