Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Apr 2009, 08:20 (Ref:2451359)   #26
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think any news is good as the more information the better and the person is obviously close the the theives. But, why would someone close to them bother to telephone? I would have thought it very unprofessional as it has given out some clues and what was the point of the call. How would the call have benifited the theives because someone that close would not have made a random phone call, giving out information, without geting in trouble from them. I would have thought it was meant to put you off searching.
What do you lot think as most of my posts get shot down by you?
Old 28 Apr 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2451383)   #27
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
APOLOGIES FOR THE CAP LOCKS IN THE PAST CAPS DO NOT GO THROUGH THE FULL POSTING ONLY THE FORST LETTER OF EACH WORD !! DOH !!!

1 ITS HARD TO SAY WHAT GOES ON IN CRIMINALS MINDS
I AM IN POSSESSION OF A LITTLE BIT MORE INFO NOT MENTIONED HERE AS I TALK DIRECT WITH 1 CAR OWNER BUT PEOPLE CANNOT KEEP QUIET ABOUT WHAT THEY DO WRONG- LOOK AT CRIME WATCH ON TV MANY CRIMES SOLVED COS THE PERP BLABS ABOUT THE SITUATION OR SOMEONE CLOSE HAS SUSPECTED SOMETHIMG AN D HAS MORE OF A CONSCIENCE HAS HAS TO SPEAK OUT

I SUSPECT 1 OF THE HIRED VILLAINS HAS SEEN THE PAPER AND FELT "SORRY" FOR THE SITUATION AND FESSED UP A BIT TO PUT THE PARTY IN THE PICTURE
AS THEY HAVE NOWT TO LOOSE THEY HAVE BEEN PAID TO DO A DEED

2 i DOUBT ANY DEALER WOULD BUY 2 RACE CARS THEY KNOW ARE WORTH MORE THAN THE PRICE OF A FORD FIESTA AND SMELL A RAT
3 HISTORIC RACE CARS WITH CHASSIS NUMBERS FIA PAPERS OR THE NEED TO HAVE PAPERS TO RACE IN EVERY CORNER OF THE WORLD WILL SHOW UP ON THE RADAR

CANT SEE EASTERN BLOCK COUNTRIES WANTING HISTORIC CARS THEY HAVE NEWER CARS RUNNING
JAPAN HAS A SMALL HISTORIC SCENE NOT HEARD THEY HAVE ATLANTIC SERIES KICKING OFF THEY DID HAVE RACES FOR 3 OR 4 YEARS BUT F2 IS MORE LIKELY IF THEY WHERE TO HAVE A NEW SERIES BUT I CAN TELL YOU I OWN MORE RACE CARS THAN THEY CAN HAVE ON A GRID AT A HISTORIC MEETING

RICHARD I THINK YOUR RIGHT SOME INFO IS BETTER THAN NONE I DO SUSPECT CONSCIENCE HAS TAKEN HOLD HENCE THE PHONE CALL
HOWEVER IT AINT OVER TILL THE CARS ARE BACK AND THE FAT LADY IS SINGING
Old 1 May 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2453492)   #28
Bruce 10
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Bruce 10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars Recovered

I am very happy to report to all of you that as of last night we have recovered both cars. The March is untouched, My Father's Lola is fairly well dismantled but complete. We will hopfully have it ready for the Brands Hatch meeting in early July.

I can't give any further details at the moment due to there now being an investigation, but I wanted to thank each and every one of you for the helpful emails, posts, activity that you have carried out spreading the word and even just the words of encouragement. It has meant so much to all of us.

I have to say that the phonecall I was able to make to my Father last night was just fantastic! I know it helped him immensely knowing that all of you were out there helping.
Old 1 May 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2453494)   #29
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Absolutely fantastic news!
Old 1 May 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2453504)   #30
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruce, just wonderful news.

Hopefully we will see you in August at Phoenix Park.
Old 1 May 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2453512)   #31
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
You beauty get in there! Well chuffed 4 u!
Old 1 May 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2453545)   #32
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
fantastic news
Old 1 May 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2453546)   #33
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...any news on the pillar drill though?

BTW great result!!
Old 1 May 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2453547)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Wow tickled pink for you Bruce. Best news ever Well done would love to hear the full story when investigations have finished.
Old 1 May 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2453554)   #35
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Excellent news! Just hope the thieving scumbags get what they deserve now.
Old 1 May 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2453566)   #36
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Excellent news! Just hope the thieving scumbags get what they deserve now.
No they won't get what they deserve unfortunately !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 May 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2453569)   #37
driftwood
Veteran

bring back hanging for murder cutting off hands for theft
great news bruce
Old 1 May 2009, 15:23 (Ref:2453657)   #38
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It would be very interesting to find out if the Internet helped in anyway to help recover the goods ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 May 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2453670)   #39
driftwood
Veteran

officially cannot comment right now due to the investigation but your help and support from the thread has been helpful to all concerned
Old 1 May 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2453706)   #40
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to hear , best wishes for getting back on track.
Old 1 May 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2453708)   #41
Finn
Racer

Finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice to have some good news for change, thats great.
Old 1 May 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2453742)   #42
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great News but any sign of F3 Ralt RT1 bits? When the legal stuff is sorted we all would love to hear the detailes but it will be many months, but could you e-mail me with a few detailes to see if it may be related to the people who I suspect (know) of stealing my car.
My e-mail address is:
richardt500@hotmail.com
Regards
Trotty
Old 1 May 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2453748)   #43
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have followed this thread with considerable sympathy but didn't post to it as I felt I didn't really have anything to say that would help but I cannot resist saying how absolutely deighted I am to hear you have got them back! Fantastic news

I am as delighted for you now as I was gutted on your behalf before!
Old 1 May 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2453754)   #44
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Great news! Look forward to hearing those BDAs on full song somewhere.... (Not a better noise to be heard, but I am biased!)

Mike
Old 1 May 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2453791)   #45
driftwood
Veteran

Mike u cannot be serious ferrari V12 f1 car 1995 era full chat?
dfv full chat?
your mate at the bar asking you what do you want to drink?
22 year old blonde big earthas long legs asking you if u fancy a ....?!!!
Old 1 May 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2453900)   #46
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drifty, I like your style.
Old 2 May 2009, 05:08 (Ref:2453962)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
Mike u cannot be serious ferrari V12 f1 car 1995 era full chat?
dfv full chat?
your mate at the bar asking you what do you want to drink?
22 year old blonde big earthas long legs asking you if u fancy a ....?!!!
Best sounding engine? Could be the start of a very hotly debated new thread....... (But probably been done before!)

However- Bet the sound of those two particular BDAs firing up again will be 'the best sound in the world' for two people!

And as for the last suggestion- sadly the size of my wallet or anything else makes that unlikely to ever happen!
Old 2 May 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2454035)   #48
driftwood
Veteran

Mike the size of your wallet is the start of a new thread !!
yeah the guys will be happy to get their toys back and get them running missed 2 meetings already
Old 2 May 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2454069)   #49
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I have followed this thread with considerable sympathy but didn't post to it as I felt I didn't really have anything to say that would help but I cannot resist saying how absolutely deighted I am to hear you have got them back! Fantastic news

I am as delighted for you now as I was gutted on your behalf before!
DITTO
Old 2 May 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2454228)   #50
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Me too.

Jim