Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Apr 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2452452)   #1
Mike Wroe
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Lincs
Mike Wroe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Brands 09/10 May 2009

I do't know what CSCC are doing right (other than cheap entries, 40 min races etc) but Brands looks to be another corker for Swinging Sixties with 54 entries at the last count meaning two races for up and over 2 litres. I'll be there with the Marcos (car 56) who else is going? Perhaps we should have a Ten-Tenthers get together between practice and race?
Old 30 Apr 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2452649)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Has an entry list been published anywhere yet?
Old 30 Apr 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2452662)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
is that this weekend ?
Old 30 Apr 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2452686)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=diary...t=none&month=5
Old 30 Apr 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2452715)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
"No data is currently available for this meeting.

Please check back closer to the event date for information. "
Old 30 Apr 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2452718)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes I know, I posted it to confirm the date.

Which I've added to the tread title.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2452806)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes I know, I posted it to confirm the date.

Which I've added to the tread title.
sorry Peter - I wrongly thought you were replying to post #2
Old 30 Apr 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2452826)   #8
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm there taking photos should anyone do anything silly
Old 30 Apr 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2452834)   #9
Stuart J
Racer

Stuart J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets and entry lists being sent to competitors at end of this week, I understand.
CSCC Future Classics #91, Porsche Carrera
Old 30 Apr 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2452844)   #10
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am hoping to be there for the Tin Tops race and the Sports Vs Saloons race but cracked a rib last night coughing so not sure I can make it now!! If I am out it will almost certainly be in the Uno as the Toyota still has the gearbox out.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2452993)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
is that this weekend ?
Next weekend 9th and 10th.
I'll be in the Powered by Jaguar race which is amalgated wih the Sports vs Saloon race on Sunday.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2453183)   #12
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC don't generally publish entry lists which is a shame as it could entice more spectators though I guess there's no reason a competitor can't do it once they recieve their finals?

Unfortunately financial/work/time constraints have meant I can't race at this meeting though I am hoping to get there to spectate/help out/spanner/sup tea
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 30 Apr 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2453203)   #13
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First outing this season for me. Sharing driving duties in Jon Wolfe's GT6 as opposed to Jon sharing mine. Really looking forward to a great meeting. Any 10/10thers come and say hello. Shame you can't make it to the grid Wayne, make sure you come and say hi.
Old 1 May 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2453552)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Just got my finals today and it looks like I'll win my class if I finish
Old 1 May 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2453584)   #15
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there in the Jag saloons. I haven't had a chance yet to see how the new car shapes up in my old series - would have been quite competitive against last year's field but there have been a lot of changes over the winter, several new drivers & cars, it'll be interesting.
Old 1 May 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2453820)   #16
davidgt4
Rookie

United Kingdom
Surrey
davidgt4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be out in Future Classics again - this time looks like I've got 2 other 308's to play with (or follow..). The size of the 60's grids is truly impressive - need just a few more in FC. Look forward to meeting up with a few of you again.
CSCC & PFFC #74 Dino 308GT4
Old 1 May 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2453833)   #17
sideways steve
Rookie

sideways steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there with Chris Palmer on Sunday in the Future Classic race with the Green and White XJ Servics Jag. Looking forward to another great weekend with the CSCC.
Old 3 May 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2454641)   #18
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tin Tops for me, probably will be totally frustrated at not being able to keep up with anyone else in class A. Decent size grid though, so should find someone to have a dice with.
Old 3 May 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2454715)   #19
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgt4 View Post
The size of the 60's grids is truly impressive .
So good that they have had to run two seperate races for all the Swinging Sixties that wanted to take part.
Old 3 May 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2454726)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
doesn't it make you wonder if every other organiser is taking the **** and assumes your a tw@t with money to burn!
Old 3 May 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2454759)   #21
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not entirely happy though - with XJS & Jag saloons combined qualifying, that'll be 36 large cars out together trying to find a little space, presumably down to the large Swinging Sixties entry. Still, gonna be a good weekend!
Old 3 May 2009, 22:24 (Ref:2454794)   #22
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My take on the CSCC is that they offer very competitively priced racing. I think that this is recognised in the grids that they are getting. I have also enjoyed great racing in Europe and the USA with them all at a great price. It has to be recognised that circuit hire costs are a major factor in setting the price of any event - no frills racing with great grids or premier series with "added value" exclusivity? It will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Old 4 May 2009, 09:37 (Ref:2455051)   #23
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways steve View Post
I will be there with Chris Palmer on Sunday in the Future Classic race with the Green and White XJ Servics Jag. Looking forward to another great weekend with the CSCC.

I thought that the FC race was on saturday.
Old 4 May 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2455144)   #24
Andrew Busby
Rookie

Andrew Busby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a late entry for Future Classics having only recently realised that my E30 M3 is eligible so Brands will be my first outing with CSCC and am really looking forward to it.

Is there an entry list for FC anywhere?
Old 4 May 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2455147)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome Andrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
doesn't it make you wonder if every other organiser is taking the **** and assumes your a tw@t with money to burn!
Nope. It arguably demonstrates that relaxed regs attract more people.

Take the Swinging Sixties. If you've got a 1950 B or a MGC Sebring Replica or even a V8 MGB (using these purely for example), you can run them.