Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Aug 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2746857)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby

Also, who they getting in to replace Heidy?

Selby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
TGF lol.

My first one of these for some time.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:18 (Ref:2746900)   #27
Big Mac
Racer

Big Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the photos posted on the Nextgen-Auto site (especially those later in the piece with the black nose), who's driving?

I don't think it's Heidfeld who appears to be in the all black lid. And I don't recognise the yellow with red, white and blue helmet. Unless it's a new paint scheme Heidfeld hasn't run before but I'm not familiar with it. Any ideas conspiracy theorists out there?!?
Old 19 Aug 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2747092)   #28
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's Heidfeld's new design
Old 19 Aug 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2747111)   #29
Barbazza
Racer

Barbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBarbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car with the black nose is actually the 2011-spec GP2 car, driven by Ben Hanley. You can see the caption confirming this herer: http://www.wri2.net/preview.aspx?VIE...&DDLB_CATALOG=

Judging by the photo, it's not been the most reliable test car...
Old 19 Aug 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2747120)   #30
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazza View Post
The car with the black nose is actually the 2011-spec GP2 car, driven by Ben Hanley. You can see the caption confirming this herer: http://www.wri2.net/preview.aspx?VIE...&DDLB_CATALOG=

Judging by the photo, it's not been the most reliable test car...
That link just closes itself.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2747130)   #31
Barbazza
Racer

Barbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBarbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry about that - worked on my PC but I guess that was a cookie or something. Follow this link: http://www.wri2.net/index2.html then 'Photo Print Order' and 'Pirelli Tyre Test'. Sorry I can't link directly - it seems beyond me...
Old 19 Aug 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2747222)   #32
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That'd make sense, because I also noticed different vanes infront of the sidepods.

Selby
Old 20 Aug 2010, 01:39 (Ref:2747414)   #33
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
It's Heidfeld's new design
I hope that Bridgestone logo disappeared before he showed up at Mugello!
Old 20 Aug 2010, 13:10 (Ref:2747589)   #34
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder how much value there is in running on a 2009 car when much was changed for 2010 regarding lack of refuelling and so on.
Old 21 Aug 2010, 00:48 (Ref:2747855)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Together with the recent departure of Andy Soucek from Virgin who also didn't get to drive the car at all, I think we're beginning to see that this 'third driver' role is a complete waste of time and talent. If the testing rules remain the way they are now, I can't see any decent driver wanting to become a reserve driver and spend the year waiting around in case one of the others is incapacitated enough not to be able to race.

As usual what we are seeing is that the third driver driver role is just like watching concrete dry.. Complete rubbish...