Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 May 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3733659)   #1
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WEC Dream Team

If there's something like this already please delete but I haven't found anything like it.

So, I was thinking about what my WEC dream team would be, and I'm curious to hear why others would pick!

You can have a two car team in any class, manufacturer present or who you'd like to see join, drivers from that MFG, or poached from elsewhere

Mine would be as follows:

McLaren GTE Pro, with a new 720s GTE car

#58 - Shane van Gisbergen / Alvaro Parente / Maximilian Buhk

#59 - Kevin Estre / Come Ledogar / Eduardo Mortara

And if I could do a Ford a bring an extra pro car:

#60 - Rob Bell / James Calado / Vincent Abril
Old 15 May 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3733668)   #2
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Far far too many good drivers to choose from. Are we allowed to enter 2 classes like Rebellion used to do?

LMP1

#7 Audi - Lotterrer / Alonso / Jani
#8 Audi - Tandy / Heidfeld / Montoya
#9 Audi - Bernhard / Brundle / Jarvis (3rd car for Le Mans)

LMP2 (includes a silver)

#30 Dallara - Beche / Buemi/ Thiriet (Silver)
#31 ORECA - Lapierre / Derani / Canal (Silver)

This is assuming that many drivers like Treyluer and Wurz would not make a return now. I'd like to see Heidfeld and Brundle get a shot at a works seat, and I think Jarvis was under rated. Thiriet and Canal have put in incredible performances for Silver drivers. This leaves the majority of Toyota and Porsche drivers alone of course.
Old 15 May 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3733670)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Audi returning now that is a nice dream
Old 15 May 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3733671)   #4
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was going to do Bentley
Old 15 May 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3733675)   #5
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is something I think about a lot

I try to choose drivers that aren't already hired by other factories.

So, here goes:

Morgan Aero 8 GTE-Pro
Car 1:
Dan Cammish
Fernando Rees
Bruno Senna
Car 2:
Ludovic Badey
Kuba Giermaziak
Katherine Legge
Car 3:
Nicolas Prost
Jerome d'Ambrosio
Robert Kubica

Some picks are a little random perhaps (Ludovic Badey), but none are less than quick, consistent, performers.

I could also do an alternate line-up that consists of almost exclusively Super GT drivers
Old 15 May 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3733677)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Far far too many good drivers to choose from. Are we allowed to enter 2 classes like Rebellion used to do?

LMP1

#7 Audi - Lotterrer / Alonso / Jani
#8 Audi - Tandy / Heidfeld / Montoya
#9 Audi - Bernhard / Brundle / Jarvis (3rd car for Le Mans)

LMP2 (includes a silver)

#30 Dallara - Beche / Buemi/ Thiriet (Silver)
#31 ORECA - Lapierre / Derani / Canal (Silver)

This is assuming that many drivers like Treyluer and Wurz would not make a return now. I'd like to see Heidfeld and Brundle get a shot at a works seat, and I think Jarvis was under rated. Thiriet and Canal have put in incredible performances for Silver drivers. This leaves the majority of Toyota and Porsche drivers alone of course.

I confess I'm puzzled to see Heidfeld in your Audi but Buemi 'demoted' to LMP2..... I would though like to see Alonso and Montoya in an LMP1 hybrid car......
Old 15 May 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3733688)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I confess I'm puzzled to see Heidfeld in your Audi but Buemi 'demoted' to LMP2..... I would though like to see Alonso and Montoya in an LMP1 hybrid car......
Some of my choices are about giving people a chance to see how they'd be. Buemi is a star, but Heidfeld deserves a shot in a P1, so as part of my dream, I'd like to see that. Since both teams are under the same banner (If Alpine can run a LMP2, why not Audi? ) you could move them about should someone like Heidfeld not perform. That's also the reason Brundle is in there too. I think he deserves a shot. Buemi is a known quantity, but I think there's some amazing drivers I'd love to see in LMP1 to see how they'd do.

Some people argue that other series are a great identifier for LMP talent. I don't necessarily agree, but using that, Heidfeld is potentially better than Buemi.
Old 15 May 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3733699)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I don't agree, but, who knows? I always rated Nick, but was sorry for him that he wasn't able to make 'the big time' in sportscars. Not to devalue what Rebellion took on, as I have a lot of admiration for for Bart and his team. I've listened to the whole of the 2016 Le Mans race now many times, and one of the things that sticks in my mind is how Nick 'did a Lauda' at the start of that race. He just didn't want to drive the car in that rain. Somehow it surprised me.
Old 15 May 2017, 23:41 (Ref:3733714)   #9
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some awesome lineups there

I've updated mine a little, Zak Brown gave me a bigger budget...

#57 McLaren GT - McLaren 720s GTE Pro - Ben Barnicoat / Raffaele Marciello / Mirko Bortolotti

#58 McLaren GT - McLaren 720s GTE Pro - Shane van Gisbergen / Alvaro Parente / Eduardo Mortara

#59 McLaren GT - McLaren 720s GTE Pro - Kevin Estre / Come Ledogar / Maximilian Buhk

#60 McLaren GT - McLaren 720s GTE Pro - Rob Bell / Vincent Abril / Christopher Mies

In the 57 I've got some young new GT hotshots in Barnicoat and Marciello, anchored by the unblinkable Bortolotti

In 58 there's the red hot Gis, with Parente and Mortara providing a solid and fast base

In 59, arguably the fastest McLaren driver in recent history Estre, with his speedy replacement Ledogar, and the always solid Buhk.

And finally in 60, Bell holding down the fort with Abril and Mies providing a good mix

I've gone for GT aces with a nice mix of young and old, I wouldn't want too go poaching every driver from current GTE lineups like Ford did, I like instead to idea of pulling from the strength of GT3 and giving plenty of young guns the opportunity
Old 16 May 2017, 07:39 (Ref:3733765)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
I confess I don't agree, but, who knows? I always rated Nick, but was sorry for him that he wasn't able to make 'the big time' in sportscars. Not to devalue what Rebellion took on, as I have a lot of admiration for for Bart and his team. I've listened to the whole of the 2016 Le Mans race now many times, and one of the things that sticks in my mind is how Nick 'did a Lauda' at the start of that race. He just didn't want to drive the car in that rain. Somehow it surprised me.
He'd get a chance and if he didn't preform he'd be out quickly. But every driver has an isolated incident like that that be called upon in these circumstances. Some wouldn't hire Davidson due to his poor attitude regarding GT traffics rights to even be in the race. Some wouldn't hire Gene (me included) for his outrageous driving in 2011. Some wouldn't hire Mucke for...being Mucke. But Ford did it anyway.

So I do agree, I do take your point and it is valid, but I'd give him a shot to see if he could do it.
Old 16 May 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3733912)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough.....
Old 16 May 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3733945)   #12
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gimmi Bruni - Fred Mako - Joey Hand in some mid engined GT car to do qualifying laps for 24 hours around some circuit in france.
Old 17 May 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3734091)   #13
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
How about this?

LMP1: I'll run the Porsche team:
# Buemi / Brundle / Bernhard
# Lotterer / Jani / Tandy
# Alonso / Montoya / Hulkenberg (Le Mans only)

LMP2: under the current regulations, I want a Dallara
# Pla / Beche / Thiriet (silver)
# Derani / Dalziel / Fjordbach (silver)

GT: Porsche
# Vanthoor / Vilander / Bortolotti
# Bruni / Parente / Mies
Old 17 May 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3734099)   #14
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Since we're dreaming, Flying Lizard returns to Le Mans.

#44 Michael Lewis/Patrick Pilet/Johannes Van Overbeek
#45 Jorg Bergmeister/Patrick Long/Alvaro Parente
#46 Wolf Henzler/Bryan Sellers/Kevin Estre
Old 17 May 2017, 20:04 (Ref:3734131)   #15
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Since we're dreaming, Flying Lizard returns to Le Mans.

#44 Michael Lewis/Patrick Pilet/Johannes Van Overbeek
#45 Jorg Bergmeister/Patrick Long/Alvaro Parente
#46 Wolf Henzler/Bryan Sellers/Kevin Estre

Great line up!
Old 17 May 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3734146)   #16
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post

Morgan Aero 8 GTE-Pro
I LIKE IT!
Lets bring back the MG Lola prototypes too.
Old 18 May 2017, 01:23 (Ref:3734154)   #17
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and the V12 Aston Martin Lola. Is there even a thing on this planet that sounds better?
Old 18 May 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3734173)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
and the V12 Aston Martin Lola. Is there even a thing on this planet that sounds better?
i wonder where those wonderful sounding cars are now, let us hope that they do appear it one of the historic series in a few years
Old 18 May 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3734200)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We did have one out a year or two ago, didn't we?
Old 18 May 2017, 09:19 (Ref:3734210)   #20
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We did have one out a year or two ago, didn't we?
2015, was it? When they had the Aston Martin Festival support race?
Old 18 May 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3734216)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I think so.
Old 18 May 2017, 15:40 (Ref:3734270)   #22
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would have a hand in a few entries:

LMP1-L Cadillac DPi-V.R (breathing a little easier, and running on Michelin tires)
#10 - Ricky Taylor, Jordan Taylor, Dane Cameron
- sponsored by Konica Minolta, with associate sponsorship from Whelen
#11 - Johnny O'Connell, Max Papis, Max Angelelli
- this would run in Velocity Yellow, even though Corvette fans would be furious that Daddy's Cadillac dare wear their color.

GTE-PRO Porsche 911 RSR
#44 Bryan Sellers, Daniel Morad, Andy Lally
- perhaps the IMSA connection gets Monster Energy on board this car, for an edgy black and green livery.

Garage 56 (or unclassified or something) Saleen Ford GT (the current car, but with the old 427ci motor from the S7 in place of the twin-turbo V6)
#56 AJ Allmendinger, Boris Said, Ron Fellows (GM very kindly allows Ron to run with us)
- Raybestos Brakes, AER, and Kroger sponsor our entry.

I'll try to jump back to reality.

Chris
Old 22 May 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3735361)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
For the moment i'm picking a works LMP1 effort from Lancia...

Car 1: Fisichella, Rigon, Bruni
Car 2: Montoya, Sarrazin, Gene
Car 3: Vergne, Raikkonen, Leclerc (Le Mans only)

GTE Pro
Jaguar F-Type GTRS
Car 1: Estre, Costa, Klein
Car 2: Tappy, Van Gisbergen, Adam
Old 22 May 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3735365)   #24
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
For the moment i'm picking a works LMP1 effort from Lancia...

Car 1: Fisichella, Rigon, Bruni
Car 2: Montoya, Sarrazin, Gene
Car 3: Vergne, Raikkonen, Leclerc (Le Mans only)
Martini sponsorship?
Old 23 May 2017, 07:01 (Ref:3735423)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i like the sound of those entries, a martini lancia and the return of jaguar, a dream for sure