Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 5 Apr 2000, 15:59 (Ref:15598)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im not a huge reader of books because i simply dont have the time and if I have spare time Im usually here reading what you all have to say on things that matter in the world of motorsport.

anyway I have a copy of the 1997 grand Prix data book and was wondering if anyone else did as well...I know Gerard has a copy ..but it is an amazing book written by david hayhoe and david holland and covers every race form 1950 up until the end of 1997..it is 567 pages long which doesnt sound much bt what is packed into it is amazing from every driver and what they did in F1 to little trivia pieces like who has the most failures to qualify..has a great anniversary section as well from which i got alot of the info you see on the ten tenths anniversary section ..every race is listed with grid positions to race finish and even why a car retired.

its a great book if ya dont have go and get it..you wont be dissapointed.
Old 5 Apr 2000, 22:56 (Ref:15599)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the current drivers profiled, as well as all the current teams, all the seasons previewed, all the races, showing number of laps, lap length, race distance, names of every driver entrant, finishing position, car number, car model, engine, engine configuration, laps completed, race time or reason for retirement, grid position and row number.
All the races, points, lap leaders, times and speeds for every formula race since 1950.
All the drivers and constructors from 1950, all the circuits, all the records.
Anniversaries and trivia, the list is endless.
Defenitely a book worth buying.
It's a gem!
Old 6 Apr 2000, 16:58 (Ref:15600)   #3
Schume
Racer

Schume should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just in case anyone is wondering about getting this book, a bit more info:

Title:
Grand Prix Data: A Complete Record of the Formula 1 World Championship from 1950.

Authors:
David Hayhoe & David Holland

Published by Duke Marketing
ISBN:0952932504
£29.50
Old 7 Apr 2000, 00:15 (Ref:15601)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
29.50 pounds eh..i paid $95 australian for it..but then it had to be shipped from the UK..wonder how much of a difference that is ????