Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Oct 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3156133)   #1
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Provisional 2013 race dates as of Oct 2012.

Always subject to change of course but here's some dates for your new Christmas Calendars.
HSCC Provisional 2013 dates as of Oct 2012.

Donington March 16
Thruxton March 30/31
Cadwell April 20/21
Silverstone GP May 18/19
Snetterton June 1/2
Brands Hatch GP July 6/7
Croft Aug 3/4 (or 10/11)
Oulton Park Aug 24/26
Brands Hatch Sept 28/29
Silverstone Finals Oct 19
Old 23 Oct 2012, 06:45 (Ref:3156269)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that, I'll plug the dates into the forum calendar later this week.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3156275)   #3
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton ... yes please ... although can be a bit bleak in March! When I was a kid my Dad scrutineered there, I worked in the race office and Mum and David were paddock marshals; on the colder/wetter days (especially the big Easter F2 meeting) I definitely had the 'Long Straw', poor Mum was often freezing!

I've had two opportunities to race at Thruxton since I started racing in 2004, and in both cases my cars have been Hors de Combat. I shall be making a special effort to make sure one or both are ready for this chance!
Old 23 Oct 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3156389)   #4
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
Thruxton ... yes please ... although can be a bit bleak in March! ...........I shall be making a special effort to make sure one or both are ready for this chance!

I seem to remember the last time the HSCC was at Thruxton in March 2008 - we were greeted by snow first thing in the morning.

The result sheets say that the track was dry for both practice and the race, but boy was it cold.

I did 2 races this year at the MGCC meeting at Thruxton in early September. The thing that surprised me was the relatively small grids in both races. The circuit only has a very limited number of race meetings per year and the opportunity to race there should be grabbed. I hear that some people complain that it is quite hard on historic vehicles and it has an abrasive surface with highish tyre wear.

But James, your efforts will be rewarded - enjoy.

You better get a move on though, March will be on us sooner than you think......
Old 23 Oct 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3156706)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see Thruxton is back for 2013.
I should be able to get to half of those 10 dates
Old 24 Oct 2012, 00:40 (Ref:3156794)   #6
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thruxton March 30/31
A real big thank you to Grahame W and the team (both at the HSCC and Thruxton) for fulfilling a ardent wish I had to see a full HSCC meeting at Thruxton. A great circuit to see who is the bravest of the brave.

Old 24 Oct 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3156903)   #7
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Chris Sharples should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hold your horses

Peter, Dick and ten tenthers.

Can I issue a health warning on this thread!

We held HSCC drivers meetings for most championships on Saturday and as usual gave drivers an update of the calendar we are aiming for.

You may have missed the words provisional on Dick's post. I know everything in motor racing seems to be provisional until just after it happens, but right now this calendar really is PROVISIONAL.

We are pretty sure that many of the dates Dick has given are now firm but there are still some that are awaiting confirmation from circuits and/or have dates floating.

So, please, before anyone starts booking hotels or arranging family holidays, wait until the club formally publishes the calendar. It won't be a long wait.

Chris
Old 24 Oct 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3156905)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Understood Chris, I hadn't missed the word. But dates can be edited.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3156992)   #9
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too noted the 'Provisional' warning and took it at that. But at the same time I think the HSCC should get (another) pat on the back for at least having a provisional list to consider. Similarly they're probably one of the best historic clubs - if not the best - for publishing timetables and entry lists in advance of their meetings. From a spectators point of view that's always a great help. Others could learn from that. The grids aren't bad either.

Well done HSCC.

Gary

P.s. Glad to see that they are again (provisionally!) coming back to Croft. (I've just got in from a media / open day there re forthcoming rallycross / rally events - was a bit foggy - hopefully better in August!)
Old 24 Oct 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3157219)   #10
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comparing the "provisional" dates above to next year's "provisional" work calendar means I could be spectating at Donington in March, Silverstone in May and both Brands meetings but missing Snetterton (Autosport 3hr?) and the Silverstone finals which isn't too bad.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 07:53 (Ref:3157851)   #11
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Provisionally
Whilst not wishing to step on the toes of Gentleman Drivers or GTSCC
I have always thought it would be nice to have a HSCC GT race at the Silverstone Classic other than the E Type Challenge.
Good to see Croft included again. Other circuit operators might take a leaf out of Crofts book in respect of their "Competitor friendly" approach. Particularly with the provision of generators. March 2013 seems a long way away
Old 27 Oct 2012, 07:45 (Ref:3158349)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Following on from Chris's health warning above this is taken from the HSCC website.

Quote:
HSCC Provisional Calendar
An unofficial Provisional Calendar has been posted as a thread on Ten Tenths. We will once we have confirmed with the venues issue a Provisional Calendar for the year. Two dates listed are subject to change. Please await the release of the HSCC Provisional Calendar from the office which we will place here at the beginning of November.

We apologise for the confusion. We know it is a very exciting Schedule for 2013 and we can understand the enthusiasm from some of the members to share it with their friends on the forums. But we do ask you to be patient for a little longer.
Thus I will refrain from locking any dates into the calendar.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 22:20 (Ref:3158699)   #13
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure why they're being so jumpy bless them.......it's not as if we need to book B&B's etc at this early stage...is it?
Old 28 Oct 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3159146)   #14
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikko View Post
I'm not sure why they're being so jumpy bless them.......it's not as if we need to book B&B's etc at this early stage...is it?
We are happy to publish list as provisional and amend as required.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3169969)   #15
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Chris Sharples should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC

The 2013 calendar is now posted on the HSCC website.

http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...tes%202013.pdf

Chris