Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 May 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3975213)   #1426
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They plan to sell some as road cars, apparently.
Old 9 May 2020, 13:08 (Ref:3975230)   #1427
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
maybe I'm missing something.... shouldn't be only OEM manufacturers allowed to produce LMH? as far I know kolles isn't... unless to be branded again as lotus.
nah everyone can make a lmh car as long as its produced to the prototype rules within the class.
At this point i'm not even sure the road car part of the regulations even exists anymore.
Old 9 May 2020, 14:04 (Ref:3975235)   #1428
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The note of diariomotor.com says:

The project will include the production of two other versions in addition to the Hypercar that will be used for competition, one of them for the street and another Clubsport variant, specifically designed for track day.
ByKolles intends to be in the 24 Hours of Le Mans next year, and even, if possible, in the 1,000 Miles of Sebring.
The project has not been easy, although they had planned to produce their first chassis in February, the changes in the regulations and requests by Aston Martin ended up making them rethink the development of the vehicle, therefore needing a more powerful engine for the same when considering that the Gibson V8 was not the right one, something that also meant changes to Glickenhaus in his project.
Now ByKolles must finish deciding which engine they will use.
Old 9 May 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3975236)   #1429
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It would be great to see them at Sebring
Old 9 May 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3975252)   #1430
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
maybe I'm missing something.... shouldn't be only OEM manufacturers allowed to produce LMH? as far I know kolles isn't... unless to be branded again as lotus.
That's the DPi 2.0 version of things. Le Mans will allow anyone to build it.
Old 9 May 2020, 16:16 (Ref:3975253)   #1431
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's the DPi 2.0 version of things. Le Mans will allow anyone to build it.
don't know... recall ACO was going to allow only mainstream manufacturers to hypercar class since glickenhaus was ostracized a bit at the beginning being considered a small boutique manufacturer...
Old 9 May 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3975267)   #1432
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
don't know... recall ACO was going to allow only mainstream manufacturers to hypercar class since glickenhaus was ostracized a bit at the beginning being considered a small boutique manufacturer...
Maybe one of the drafts did. I don't remember them all lol.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ons-confirmed/

This one says road car or not.
Old 9 May 2020, 17:46 (Ref:3975269)   #1433
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vincent Beumesnil clarified the ByKolles case 5 months ago.

“ByKolles have announced that their intention is to race a car and make a road car in parallel,” Beaumesnil said. “So there will be a road car from that brand.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...d-eligibility/

Last edited by hondafan37; 9 May 2020 at 18:14.
Old 9 May 2020, 18:01 (Ref:3975272)   #1434
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

If there was not one, what would happen?
Old 9 May 2020, 18:12 (Ref:3975274)   #1435
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Nothing. They'd just say they were building them in the future. See: Ford GT, and many other things.
Old 9 May 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3975285)   #1436
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
For LMH no road going examples are required.
The ACO has always been supportive of us and ByKolles.
We hope they join us and Toyota at Sebring in 2021.
Personally we think it will be very hard to make LMDh as fast as
LMH at Le Mans and that our LMH will have lower running costs, complexity, spares cost and taking that into consideration overall will cost private teams less than LMDh. Personally I think those buying LMDh will race in IMSA and those buying LMH will be more interested in WEC and Le Mans. I personally doubt that an LMDh will be winning Le Mans or that an LMH will be winning The Daytona 24 for a number of reasons...
Old 9 May 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3975302)   #1437
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
LMH at Le Mans and that our LMH will have lower running costs, complexity, spares cost and taking that into consideration overall will cost private teams less than LMDh. Personally I think those buying LMDh will race in IMSA and those buying LMH will be more interested in WEC and Le Mans. I personally doubt that an LMDh will be winning Le Mans or that an LMH will be winning The Daytona 24 for a number of reasons...
Interesting reflection, this allows us to think that Peugeot should use a Hypercar.
Old 9 May 2020, 21:21 (Ref:3975304)   #1438
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Interesting reflection, this allows us to think that Peugeot should use a Hypercar.
If I were them I would.
I also think there's a bit of IMSA dreaming going on.
Designing and aero testing a bespoke "Brand" body will
not be for free. A 40HP RWD hybrid booster? We had
50 RWD hybrid on P 4/5 C in 2012. Batteries were heavy.
Unit was complex and expensive. Drivers had trouble understanding
that it's only benefit was low speed torque in 8 second bursts before
the Turbos spooled. They over used it and batteries depleted quickly.
KERS was only good for 50 seconds of 50 HP per Ring lap. Turning petrol
Into charge is silly. Toyota's LMH FWD system makes sense as a lot more KERS
from Front wheel braking can be harvested but remember 2016. Complexity
can be a female dog.
Old 10 May 2020, 01:14 (Ref:3975330)   #1439
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Really??

Doesn't that go against your own twitter or whatever it was, asking were the ACO forgetting about you in the LMH press, etc?
Old 10 May 2020, 01:47 (Ref:3975335)   #1440
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I hope they join. ByKolles is another underdog that is a story waiting for a happy few pages.
Old 10 May 2020, 04:05 (Ref:3975344)   #1441
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
If I were them I would.
I also think there's a bit of IMSA dreaming going on.
Designing and aero testing a bespoke "Brand" body will
not be for free. A 40HP RWD hybrid booster? We had
50 RWD hybrid on P 4/5 C in 2012. Batteries were heavy.
Unit was complex and expensive. Drivers had trouble understanding
that it's only benefit was low speed torque in 8 second bursts before
the Turbos spooled. They over used it and batteries depleted quickly.
KERS was only good for 50 seconds of 50 HP per Ring lap. Turning petrol
Into charge is silly. Toyota's LMH FWD system makes sense as a lot more KERS
from Front wheel braking can be harvested but remember 2016. Complexity
can be a female dog.
Very good your experience with the 50 HP hybrids in your P4 / 5 C, Really 40 HP hybrid seems like something just to make marketing departments happy.
I remember that the first year of the hybrids was optional in F1 in 2009 and the champion car (The Brown GP) did not use the system. The hybrid system was very good on the straights and at the start of the GP but it was very heavy and that weight unbalanced the chassis in the curves.
But I have a special memory of Raikkonen's victory at Spa Francorchamps with the Ferrari with that beautiful overtakes to Fisichella and the hybrid system was essential at that time but was 80 HP (the double of the power that now )for about half the weight.
Old 11 May 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3975595)   #1442
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
Really??

Doesn't that go against your own twitter or whatever it was, asking were the ACO forgetting about you in the LMH press, etc?
That was a while ago. That seem's to have gotten their attention and since then they have been very supportive. They seem to have liked what I said about Aston...
Old 12 May 2020, 00:16 (Ref:3975620)   #1443
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 12 May 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3975738)   #1444
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We all know that Kolles will struggle to stay ahead of the top LMP2 runners, they know it too. If they achieve even 1 hour without an issue then thats an improvement for them on previous Le Mans starts but im glad they are coming back. I like having these small teams trying to achieve a dream, good luck to them. It wont end well, it never does but ill be cheering for them.
Old 13 May 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3975911)   #1445
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think they're going to be a little bit better this time around. New engine in the back and new aero for Le Mans.
Old 13 May 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3975931)   #1446
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think they're going to be a little bit better this time around. New engine in the back and new aero for Le Mans.
New engine?
Old 15 May 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3976387)   #1447
Mike E
Veteran

ByKolles update. Sticking with Gibson engine for LMH.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-for-hypercar/
Old 15 May 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3976392)   #1448
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
ByKolles update. Sticking with Gibson engine for LMH.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-for-hypercar/
Glad to know they are still working on it, but that article didn't really make me feel that they will be on the grid next season. This is my favorite quote:

Quote:
“We are now in phase seven of the hypercar program. It started in phase one, but we are now in phase seven.”
Great, you made it 7 steps, but out of how many? 10? 100? 1000?
Old 15 May 2020, 12:37 (Ref:3976397)   #1449
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
won't be surprised if kolles "lmh" will be just a new bodywork mounted on their modified adess lmp2 carbon tub.
Old 15 May 2020, 21:57 (Ref:3976514)   #1450
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Great, you made it 7 steps, but out of how many? 10? 100? 1000?
Phase 7. Wow. Toyota are only on phase 4. Let’s hope the BoP is good next year otherwise it will be a walk over.